Uniden R7 1.29 Firmware can be shared now (See attached)

knight_man

I wanna go fast
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Filtering on 129 is better for me. Still quite a few falses here and there, BSM mostly; I run Q ride up to 45 so I don't have to use City mode. Pro M really spoiled me on that auto city and superior filtering. But range.

NO MCxxx for me, so can't speak to that. I have been experimenting between TSF on and off, filters on and off. Marginal differences, honestly. Most effective is still just dialing back K and rear.
Have been running X off, so can't speak to that; driving habits have changed a bit.

Must be noticing improvements, because as the detector keeps getting more and more quiet, I find myself checking to make sure it is on. Miss the brighter red dot on Dark mode. I run dark mode, brightest alert setting during the day and just display on dimmest at night. Just trying to preserve the screen :rolleyes:

R4D4RUS3R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Miss the brighter red dot on Dark mode. I run dark mode, brightest alert setting during the day and just display on dimmest at night. Just trying to preserve the screen :rolleyes:
The only time I see the red dot is at night, never see it when its daylight. I run on dark mode full time. I dont know how much I really need to save the screen but I figured out over time I really dont stare at the display and when its not alerting I like the light to be off. Best thing I did so far aside from that was install the hardwire kit with mute button. I feel I have to be delicate with it but with that in mind I think it will last a good long time.

Majbha

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Any idea why uniden didn't post this on their official website yet? It's been a while.

Beermonster

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
wow, my max360 is way quieter than the r7 ... it's not even close
Same here. I'm betting once we get auto gps lockouts thatll help some

KnightHawk

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Why not make the RDF members be beta testers? More heads are better than a few people plus you get inputs from different locations and setups from different places. At first I thought that was odd. But having feedback from the RDF community will give them lots of feedback. I'm sure, not all will be satisfied though when they put up an update at Uniden's website.

tshrimp

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Filtering on 129 is better for me. Still quite a few falses here and there, BSM mostly; I run Q ride up to 45 so I don't have to use City mode. Pro M really spoiled me on that auto city and superior filtering. But range.

NO MCxxx for me, so can't speak to that. I have been experimenting between TSF on and off, filters on and off. Marginal differences, honestly. Most effective is still just dialing back K and rear.
Have been running X off, so can't speak to that; driving habits have changed a bit.

Must be noticing improvements, because as the detector keeps getting more and more quiet, I find myself checking to make sure it is on. Miss the brighter red dot on Dark mode. I run dark mode, brightest alert setting during the day and just display on dimmest at night. Just trying to preserve the screen :rolleyes:
Maybe this is my "issue" :). I was running the R3 (with latest firmware). It had great sensitivity, and would get some falsing, but with the R7 it almost never goes off. 1.29 was available when I bought the R7, so don't have older firmware to compare it to (It did not come on the detector I just updated it as that is what I do with any new detector). I admit, it is quiet to the point of me wondering if it is working properly. Also, most of the time I get response for radar in the rear, but usually not the front beforehand like I would have thought. Maybe firmware realted? I am set at 70% in the rear. It could be new detector jitters as I am used to more falsing.

Edit: Cops are typically on every corner where I live, however, have you noticed that when you get a new detector and you want to see how well it is working they can never be found, and when you do they don't have their gun on :).

Last edited:

plm

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Cops are typically on every corner where I live, however, have you noticed that when you get a new detector and you want to see how well it is working they can never be found, and when you do they don't have their gun on :).
Ain't that the truth! However I found a strange load of Ka action this morning in heavy traffic in the rain (so no opportunity for anyone to speed anyway), and can vouch that 1.29 is actually detecting.

knight_man

I wanna go fast
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It could be new detector jitters as I am used to more falsing.
Those jitters are well established. I noticed that new detectors being quiet is creepy because of a couple of reasons. Normally when old detectors stop or don't make noise, they are defective or broken; so when new ones are quiet we automatically assume the worst. The extra noise is an indicator, to us, that everything appears to be working as it should. Unfortunately, there have been a lot of broken and defective newer units. So we basically don't trust them.. never mind that they are working better than ever before in history up to now. When they are working.

And for the price of these things, we sure hate when they don't or stop working. And don't you dare take it away once we/they build expectations... :argh:

ze3bar

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
i wish they'd make a way to select all the settings you want on the computer BEFORE flashing the update. that way you could have ultra specific settings on the computer and then flash it all set up to the detector. would make it so much easier to set everything up.

ze3bar

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Looks like the update is finally on their website for the R7, along with 1.53 for the R3. It is still version 1.29 so they weren’t seeing our feedback and using us as beta testers, haha. Just weird it took them this long to load it on their website.
amazing haha I JUST flashed the file from here. So the files identical?

emeres

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
amazing haha I JUST flashed the file from here. So the files identical?
Is there any word from Uniden if any fix was implemented in the web version?

ze3bar

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I don’t see the new software on their website

42C45EAB-1B83-4FEC-9795-860E26D0A24B.jpeg

plm

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Go to uniden.com, then Support, then Support again(?), then Radar Detectors, then Firmware. It’s at the top of the list.

Last edited:

ze3bar

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Go to uniden.com, then Support, then Support again(?), then Radar Detectors, then Firmware. It’s at the top of the list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mmm ok, that worked..

Jay711

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
hope all are well i noticed the other day driving in new jersey a speed sign that i normally pass and get full alert was not alerting then i remembered i was in new york and had mrcd on so turned it off and went back to see if it alerted this time and it did just like aways why would enabling mrcd make it not detect the k band sign firmware is the latest 129 on r7

leesrt

Mature Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So the 129 update is off their site. All you see is the upload app and driver. Even the red light database is from 10/29/19

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedarkdraft