Uniden R7 1.29 Firmware can be shared now (See attached)

apple2gs

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hmmm, did not know 129 is still not on the uniden website. Guess RDF readers are the guinea pigs.

I was thinking the same thing. However, I don't mind, as our input helps Uniden polish it better.

Freedom

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
anyone notice that the GPS update frequency/locationing is worse than the r3? I wont get GPS signal until maybe a block after I leave my house's garage. Also, the speed updates like every .5-2seconds instead of .25-.5s.

Riptide

Recovering M3 Addict
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
anyone notice that the GPS update frequency/locationing is worse than the r3? I wont get GPS signal until maybe a block after I leave my house's garage. Also, the speed updates like every .5-2seconds instead of .25-.5s.
I don't have an R3 but I usually get a GPS lock within seconds of bootup. Haven't paid much attention to how often the speed updates.

plm

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My R7 gets a GPS lock within a couple of seconds of power-up ops. Occasionally when I fire it up outside a store with an automated door opener I may get a momentary blip of K band before the GPS gets a lock and then auto mutes based on a stored lockout, but it's sub-second response.

GotWake

Speed Kills
Advanced User
Reaction score
I get a gps lock within a couple seconds of startup.

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you don't have a clear view of the sky when starting up, or you are moving, there may be a small or considerable delay until a GPS device gets signal acquisition.
GPS signals don't penetrate through buildings, garages, mountains, etc.
It's a line of sight signal with the satellites in the sky.

ALEXTWIN

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Whose sorry they didn’t wait for the V1 gen 2?

Riptide

Recovering M3 Addict
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whose sorry they didn’t wait for the V1 gen 2?
If you don't want to have to use an app for GPS features then the R7 is likely still going to be the better choice.

MU S4

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I've enjoyed it, and it's had great Ka range. I'll probably pass it on to the wife, and sell the Max360 she's using. My R7 is much quieter than the Max anyway.

Reactions: Rey

Windstrings

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't wait until that "something new" sneaks up your butt with rolling I/O due to your decreased sensitivity settings. Enjoy! :roflolmao:
This has always been a contentious point.
IMO traveling 70 mph approaching a Leo means every second my danger increases... If he too is traveling 70 mph my direction now my danger increases at twice the speed.

Now let's look at one approaching from the rear.... I will have "tons" of warning time before he makes it to me even at low sensitivities.

If he's hiding behind a bridge and waits till I pass 10 percent sensitivity will he more than enough at such close ranges.

Many times we can put up with everyday constant annoyance for a fear that may never line up for years.

If someone is going to remove all risks they most likely will have all filters off and have maximum headaches.

To everything there is a balance

Riptide

Recovering M3 Addict
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
This has always been a contentious point.
IMO traveling 70 mph approaching a Leo means every second my danger increases... If he too is traveling 70 mph my direction now my danger increases at twice the speed.
That’s a game of physics that the cop cannot win...

Windstrings

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="emeres, post: 1393064
Post automatically merged:

Has anyone confirmed if the darkness sensitivity is fixed now?
Previously if you had your detector mounted high under the mirror as with a blend mount when set on "auto" it would go dark too soon.. Often even a cloudy sky would turn it to dark mode. And occasionally wouldn't come back out if it even when bright light finally came unless you reset or turned off & back on.

Last edited:

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
[QUOTE="emeres, post: 1393064
Post automatically merged:

Has anyone confirmed if the darkness sensitivity is fixed now?
Previously if you had your detector mounted high under the mirror as with a blend mount when set on "auto" it would go dark too soon.. Often even a cloudy sky would turn it to dark mode. And occasionally wouldn't come back out if it even when bright light finally came unless you reset or turned off & back on.
That's because the sensor is on top of the detector and physically can't get enough light when mounted high under roof headliner.
Mount lower to test functionality of the sensor.
I still have to manually adjust my sensitivity on 129 because of mounting high.

R4D4RUS3R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Same here. The sensor is too high in my install to use the feature, it thinks its dark out no matter reality so during the day the display is basically off. I switched to running dark mode anyhow so when the display does turn on its full brightness.

Windstrings

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same here. The sensor is too high in my install to use the feature, it thinks its dark out no matter reality so during the day the display is basically off. I switched to running dark mode anyhow so when the display does turn on its full brightness.
I was certainly hoping for a sensitivity adjustment to the auto mode.... There's quite a range of ambient light from. Different vehicles and mounting locations.

HamSolo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I don't have an R3 but I usually get a GPS lock within seconds of bootup. Haven't paid much attention to how often the speed updates.
The GPS lock is far better on the uniden vs. my radenso pro m, as I only acquired signal when i left my street, as their are so many trees.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon450