Uniden R7 1.29 Firmware can be shared now (See attached)

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
  1. Enhancing MRCD detection range
  2. Rear Antenna Sensitivity Attenuation
  3. Narrow down the frequency range of Mute Memory function - X Band: 25MHz-> 10MHz, K Band: 30MHz -> 10MHz, Ka Band : 100MHz- > 20MHz
  4. If the main alert is locked out, the secondary alert becomes the main alert so users can lockout this(second alert) one as well
  5. MRCD alert always has priority over other radar alerts (X,K,Ka) even when Ka priority is ON
  6. MRCD alert is not muted by Quiet ride
  7. Secondary alerts to be displayed as Arrow and Band color selected in the Menu
  8. Display Signal strength level in grey color for Mute Memory in Alert Display #2 mode
  9. Amber color looks red so adjust the color to Amber
  10. Add two more steps to Auto Mute volume level setting(0 - 7 levels)
  11. The voice announcement for radar or laser alert does not go off for the same voice within 30 seconds
  12. If Auto mute volume level set in Menu is higher than the current volume level, it alerts at the current volume level
  13. Adjusted Latch time for the secondary display in All Threat mode
  14. Alert "POI limit speed" and "radar" by turn if detected at the same time
  15. Overspeed alert per 1.5 seconds
  16. Press "Mute/Dim" key for 0.5 second at standby mode to enter DIM mode(current version 1 second)
  17. Shorten display change time to Standby mode to 1 second from 3 seconds when changing DIM and Detection mode
  18. Display "MUTE" when Mute is operational.
  19. Add "Heartbeat" icon at standby display like R1/R3 model

Attachments

TechnoRave

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Woop Woop!!!!
Post automatically merged:

Snagging it hot off the press!!

Tom,

All the fussing did Uniden say hell let them have it. lol . Just Kidding.

Is this a RDF exclusive? Meaning don't advertise it on Social Media?

Last edited:

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad this is here to finally try out, I dug mine out of the box last week in anticipation so have it all set, I will update and check it out!

TeamQuack

s\/\/er\/e
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
My r7 works fine, however, im still excited about #19 so my r7 can look like my r1 used too

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Woop Woop!!!!
Tom,

All the fussing did Uniden say hell let them have it. lol . Just Kidding.
Actually pretty much. They are still working on the documentation and will release it next week on the Uniden website but they said I can just post it right away.

rut

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Do does this mean the rear horn is adjustable or has it been corrected sensitivity wise?

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Do does this mean the rear horn is adjustable or has it been corrected sensitivity wise?
The rear horn ("Rear bal" option in menu) can now have its sensitivity set between 30% and 100% of the front antenna sensitivity.

One interesting thing to note is that the rear antenna's sensitivity is a function of what the front antenna's sensitivity is set to, not the front antenna's max sensitivity. Meaning if you set the front antenna to 70% on K band in Advanced mode and set the rear antenna to 50% (applies to all bands), then the rear antenna is now set to 50% of 70% or 35% on K band.

TechnoRave

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The rear horn ("Rear bal" option in menu) can now have its sensitivity set between 30% and 100% of the front antenna sensitivity.

One interesting thing to note is that the rear antenna's sensitivity is a function of what the front antenna's sensitivity is set to, not the front antenna's max sensitivity. Meaning if you set the front antenna to 70% on K band in Advanced mode and set the rear antenna to 50% (applies to all bands), then the rear antenna is now set to 50% of 70% or 35% on K band.

Why couldn't they just make it simpler. Front has % and Rear is a %? Meaning If I want Front to be 100% then I should be able to make Rear what I want? Like 60 or 70 etc? Or am I missing the point?

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Why couldn't they just make it simpler. Front has % and Rear is a %? Meaning If I want Front to be 100% then I should be able to make Rear what I want? Like 60 or 70 etc? Or am I missing the point?
If you want front to be 100%, set it to 100% with Highway mode or selectively set each band with Advanced mode and then dial back the rear with Rear bal.

Just try it out and see how you like it. I'm sure Uniden could always tweak it further if necessary, but see if it works for you as designed.

Ram3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

This antenna balance thing is super confusing to me now.... ugh.. so if I set front antena to 100% then the rear will be at 50%??.

Electro

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Fantastic news! I will be watching to see what the consensus is on this update and may pick one up.

Actually pretty much. They are still working on the documentation and will release it next week on the Uniden website but they said I can just post it right away.
Probably did not want the Undone nickname to gain traction.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
This antenna balance thing is super confusing to me now.... ugh.. so if I set front antena to 100% then the rear will be at 50%??.
Yes, if you set the detector to Highway (100% on all bands) or Advanced mode with 100% set to individual bands and then you alo set Rear to 50%. Rear antenna is set to a percentage of what the front antenna is set to.

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the explanation, I was just looking at that and about to ask the question. I just set it at 50 as I like to run K at 100% for the front, I will see how this works out. I am most excited about this option!

TeamQuack

s\/\/er\/e
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would be careful playing with my rear antenna, be careful what you wish for...

I was just trolled by an leo who approached me from the rear with selective i/o. I was getting rear alerts before i saw him. The rear alert arrow range saved me. The guy i was following (my bunny) was pulled over a mile later as the trooper zoomed by me and picked him off.

Im not touching it after that, ever. My v1 did the same thing, this is what two antenna detectors do. Thanks to Uniden for trying to quiet the users who are making themselves more vulnerable (without realizing it). I guess some people have to learn the hard way.

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, if you set the detector to Highway (100% on all bands) or Advanced mode with 100% set to individual bands and then you alo set Rear to 50%. Rear antenna is set to a percentage of what the front antenna is set to.
So this will lower rear Ka band sensitivity at the same time? I think it would be preferable to just reduce rear X/K sensitivity, no?

Edit: Does the "Rear Bal" option just apply to alerts, or will it also affect the arrow behavior?

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I would be careful playing with my rear antenna, be careful what you wish for...

I was just trolled by an leo who approached me from the rear with selective i/o. I was getting rear alerts before i saw him. The rear alert arrow range saved me. The guy i was following (my bunny) was pulled over a mile later as the trooper zoomed by me and picked him off.
lol, I literally had a dream last night that I got pulled over in that situation. I was riding a motorcycle (not sure why) and the officer picked me off with K band I/O while I was running an R1.

The rear horn is definitely sensitive so I guess it's all a balance. Speaking of which, I'm not sure yet what the optimal setting is. I've been playing with 50-60% sensitivity, but I don't actually have any idea on if that's the "best" setting to start with or not. :p

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
So this will lower rear Ka band sensitivity at the same time? I think it would be preferable to just reduce rear X/K sensitivity, no?

Edit: Does the "Rear Bal" option just apply to alerts, or will it also affect the arrow behavior?
It applies to all alerts.

I drove past some speed signs earlier this week with rear bal set to 60% and the arrows seemed to still flip properly. I haven't tested anything more extreme like 30%.

jerzboi

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon450