V1 OEM Recalibration/Repair

Christoph_Kohl

Right-Lane Lover
Advanced User
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this topic is a "can of worms".
I briefly read through the previous threads/posts, but could not seem to get a definitive answer.

Unfortunately, my ancient V1 "radios" are now in need of a tune. Falsing KA on cold days, and on some days, the entire time!

Is VR able (and accepting) units for recalibration/repair at this time?
Or should I just bite the bullet and call them?! (I hate making phone calls...)

dudeinnz

NZCTG
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Unsure about repair and/or re-calibration, a phone call may be helpful, unless someone else can answer your question.
Also see:

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, they have been accepting units for repairs. Unfortunately you'll have to call to set that up, and confirm they'll be able to service your unit. What fw version is it? Or what are the last 4 digits of the S/N?

Christoph_Kohl

Right-Lane Lover
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes, they have been accepting units for repairs. Unfortunately you'll have to call to set that up, and confirm they'll be able to service your unit. What fw version is it? Or what are the last 4 digits of the S/N?
Firmware version? I believe one is a 3.812 or 3.813. The other one is.... 3.8xx? I'll have to get back to you, perhaps sometime tomorrow.

Unsure about repair and/or re-calibration, a phone call may be helpful, unless someone else can answer your question.
Also see:
Wow thanks, that is exactly what I need! Much appreciated!

Bloovy One

135,000+ miles with JBV1!
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
FWIW, There will be no "can of worms" as long as people treat each other with respect. :)

Good luck and report back with your findings please. :)

GTO_04

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.893 and all it needs is a FW upgrade for TMF2, and that is something they can currently handle for $79.

GTO_04

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I briefly read through the previous threads/posts, but could not seem to get a definitive answer.

Unfortunately, my ancient V1 "radios" are now in need of a tune. Falsing KA on cold days, and on some days, the entire time!

Good to see you active again & welcome back ! :thumbsup:

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If yours are pre 3.872, I think they'll need the full update, a new replacement.
I'd wait and see what develops at VR in the next month or so. Or sell those and buy a used TMF2 unit.

Christoph_Kohl

Right-Lane Lover
Advanced User
Reaction score
Alright. Confirmed that my units are running firmware 3.812 and 3.826. I will call VR and see what they can (and cannot) do.
I'm too am surprised that a company with ONE product line has a supply chain problem. Well... Lets hope it gets resolved soon.

r3MI

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright. Confirmed that my units are running firmware 3.812 and 3.826. I will call VR and see what they can (and cannot) do.
I'm too am surprised that a company with ONE product line has a supply chain problem. Well... Lets hope it gets resolved soon.
You may want to confirm that they will ship the unit back to you ?

Bloovy One

135,000+ miles with JBV1!
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
That's silly r3MI...
Post automatically merged:

Confirmed that my units are running firmware 3.812 and 3.826. I will call VR and see what they can (and cannot) do.
Since both of those are pre-ESP and pre-crystal-controlled units; I'd bet that they can't/won't do anything but replace them with new units when they have the new units ready.
We'd appreciate hearing what they tell you about them!

Last edited:

r3MI

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
That's silly r3MI...
Post automatically merged:

Since both of those are pre-ESP and pre-crystal-controlled units; I'd bet that they can't/won't do anything but replace them with new units when they have the new units ready.
We'd appreciate hearing what they tell you about them!
There is nothing silly about my post, You have a company that is no longer shipping any units and maybe closing their doors any day, They are not bound by anything to ship your unit back to you, Are you going to sue Valentine for a $300.00 RD if they don't return the unit, how would you even prove there was a RD in the box you sent.

Can anyone on here confirm in the last few months they have sent units in for repair and received their units back ?

DoctorWong

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
There is nothing silly about my post, You have a company that is no longer shipping any units and maybe closing their doors any day, They are not bound by anything to ship your unit back to you, Are you going to sue Valentine for a $300.00 RD if they don't return the unit, how would you even prove there was a RD in the box you sent.

Can anyone on here confirm in the last few months they have sent units in for repair and received their units back ?
I have an old 3.813 unit that my wife uses with k band disabled. She dropped the unit in my garage on the concrete floor while bringing in items for thanksgiving and the rear detection lens broke away from the unit. I sent it in for repair and they replaced the lens with a new one and sent the unit back to me in about a week. It cost me $45 for the repair.

so it appears that they are repairing older units depending on the parts required..

r3MI

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I have an old 3.813 unit that my wife uses with k band disabled. She dropped the unit in my garage on the concrete floor while bringing in items for thanksgiving and the rear detection lens broke away from the unit. I sent it in for repair and they replaced the lens with a new one and sent the unit back to me in about a week. It cost me $45 for the repair.

so it appears that they are repairing older units depending on the parts required..
Thank you for the info.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have a V1 running most recent FW. Not really using it atm. Feel free to shoot me a message.

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Yes, call them they will repair your unit. Go to their web site and you will see update info and you put in your Serial # in ans it will tell you if your unit is up to date. When you get it back you will have a like new unit that was for sale as of last March 2019.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Easterntg