Printed Adjustable Rx Holders [Prototype]

theboogieman

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I am also interested in these.

You might have just made a business for yourself!

Brilliant

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
If they could be made with covers that hide what they are that would even be more interesting...

snomad

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
brilliant! Just take my money. these are great!

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I've edited the first post and added download links for he models. Please read through the entire first post for instructions.

InDecay

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@OBeerWANKenobi any chance you'd model something similar for TMG? Sorry if it's been asked before.

OBeerWANKenobi

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup, when I get some time, I can do that. It's not a big design difference at all. I just haven't measured a sensor yet and don't really feel like taking one off of my car. I'll get around to it as soon as I can.

InDecay

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yup, when I get some time, I can do that. It's not a big design difference at all. I just haven't measured a sensor yet and don't really feel like taking one off of my car. I'll get around to it as soon as I can.
Do you have the TMG tester? It's the same housing

OBeerWANKenobi

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have the TMG tester? It's the same housing
Nope. Just 5 heads, on a car. ;)

I'll see if I can go out with a caliper and get the dimensions without removing a head.

OBeerWANKenobi

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
TMG version up

OBeerWANKenobi

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Added assembly tutorial to first post.

Rossm812

Constantly Learning...
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome work, I plan on downloading this weekend for some test printing. I shot you over a message yesterday @OBeerWANKenobi

And if anyone is interested in prints, I plan on chatting with the man of the hour here to help get these in members hands if they want them. Are there many of you who'd want/need them ran? I wouldn't be looking at making anything on them, purely offsetting costs of printing and supplies assembling etc. as well as for the design time that went into these for OBeer.

OBeerWANKenobi

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome work, I plan on downloading this weekend for some test printing. I shot you over a message yesterday @OBeerWANKenobi

And if anyone is interested in prints, I plan on chatting with the man of the hour here to help get these in members hands if they want them. Are there many of you who'd want/need them ran? I wouldn't be looking at making anything on them, purely offsetting costs of printing and supplies assembling etc. as well as for the design time that went into these for OBeer.
I've added the instructions to the first post for those that would like to print these off for others.

Rossm812

Constantly Learning...
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I've added the instructions to the first post for those that would like to print these off for others.
Fantastic that works out well!

I'll be running tests prints this weekend after I get files downloaded. Thanks again for your hard design work! I love how the way the holder is designed forces it to be printed in a manner that keeps the ball and its stem add an appropriate cross-section for layering. So many designs don't take this into consideration.

Does the file hosting site take a fee of what is charged? If so I would rather donate directly for your efforts either via PayPal or other if possible.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OBeerWANKenobi

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Fantastic that works out well!

I'll be running tests prints this weekend after I get files downloaded. Thanks again for your hard design work! I love how the way the holder is designed forces it to be printed in a manner that keeps the ball and its stem add an appropriate cross-section for layering. So many designs don't take this into consideration.

Does the file hosting site take a fee of what is charged? If so I would rather donate directly for your efforts either via PayPal or other if possible.

Yes, they take like 30%. I can send you the files directly if you PM me your email address.

jmccam

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

I need five of these. PM me and let me know how much. Very much interested in these.

Rossm812

Constantly Learning...
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I need five of these. PM me and let me know how much. Very much interested in these.
Will do.

nicholat

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am also interested in getting 2 front alp holders, that can be made, PM me on how much. Has any design be made for the TX sensor.

Rossm812

Constantly Learning...
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I am also interested in getting 2 front alp holders, that can be made, PM me on how much. Has any design be made for the TX sensor.
I am running the designs through test printing to be sure that I can provide the quality and dimensional accuracy these deserve. Once done I will be happy to print for anyone. I'll share some pictures when done.

As I had discussed with Obeer via PM - please be sure that you read the top most post fully and purchase the design - once that has been done, and my test prints are squared - I am happy to run them for anyone.

I've sourced 300 series stainless set screws, M6x1.0x10mm. ABS and ASA filaments are on the way. I have the necessary tap and reamer as well.

Materials to assemble a proper enclosure on the way as well - you can't print these materials well (good layer adhesion, shrinkage control, warpage issues etc) without one. Also these plastics have a ton of VOCs and smell pretty strongly so the enclosure is important all around.

FastWgn

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Late to the party here but this is fantastic!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mickrussom