GPS jamming expected in Southeast during military exercise

riseboi

The Martian
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sure of which forum to post this, but I just came across these links from my social media timelines.

Pardon my ignorance, but is this primarly concerning just aviation? The closer you are to the center, the lower to sea level that GPS could be effected?

Bocephus

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sure of which forum to post this, but I just came across these links from my social media timelines.

Pardon my ignorance, but is this primarly concerning just aviation? The closer you are to the center, the lower to sea level that GPS could be effected?
Interesting... No issues for me over the last few days, but if something does occur I'll think of this! Might make my R7 an R1 instantly! Minus the arrows of course...

poolmon

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
GPS Signals will be intentionally disrupted for US military operations near the SE Coast Jan 16-24, 2020.
Below is a notice being provided to pilots, but disruptions can also affect ground GPS reception.

EDIT: Thanks for merging. Did not see the original post by riseboi under computers, electronics & tech since I too was not sure where to post it.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rush2112md