ALP croaky glitch sound on poliscan on a none 45 degree set up

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
nothing to sinister but i have noticed my alp has a glitch on sound right after the voice allert switching to pro mode ?
this particular poliscan set up is easy to detect due to angle set very rare..... normally by the first allert or idenfication you have allready passed

Last edited:

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Your in Pro Mode so you are hearing the doppler sound. If you dont want to hear the doppler turn off pro mode.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Your in Pro Mode so you are hearing the doppler sound. If you dont want to hear the doppler turn off pro mode.

does the doppler sound change in volume ? for example decibel volume weak means the doppler is weak doppler is strong means volume is loud?

Last edited:

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
does the doppler sound change in volume ? for example decibel volume weak signal strong signal loud volume ?
Every gun will sound different and strenght of the signal can also change its sound. It was designed as a testing mode for internal detection testing but some users liked it so we left it as an available option. I dont have a poliscan here with me to compare it but it sounds normal to me.

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I like pro mode as you can hear the quality of the signal reception. When I did the multi head test i could very easily tell with the single ALP head when it started struggling to see the incoming signal by the way the tones change, they get more broken up. you can also hear exactly if the shooter stops shooting you or if a car ahead blocks the signal for a second or such...

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Every gun will sound different and strenght of the signal can also change its sound. It was designed as a testing mode for internal detection testing but some users liked it so we left it as an available option. I dont have a poliscan here with me to compare it but it sounds normal to me.

thanks for the reply like you said you dont have poliscan
Post automatically merged:

I like pro mode as you can hear the quality of the signal reception. When I did the multi head test i could very easily tell with the single ALP head when it started struggling to see the incoming signal by the way the tones change, they get more broken up. you can also hear exactly if the shooter stops shooting you or if a car ahead blocks the signal for a second or such...
what cpu and heads ? becouse i cant get mine to determine weak signals using a lidar gun

Last edited:

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply like you said you dont have poliscan

what cpu and heads ? becouse i cant get mine to determine weak signals using a lidar gun
I have used both the basic and hifi control pads on both HW1 and 2 CPU's. now if you are running multiple heads you are probably not hearing weak signal as two heads covers very well... I'll dig up a video from the multi head test i did, it was with a HW1 CPU and a basic control pad (but the tones do something very similar between basic control pad and hifi promode). You could clearly hear the signal reception get weak with only one ALP head as I approached the guns (especailly truspeed with the narrow beam) the tones broke up and got very intermittent when targeting the edges of the car away from the center head and then it PT'd, as soon as I went to two head it was solid sounding no matter where up fron was being targeted as the coverage was better with two heads. I do hear a little break up in the buzzing in your video right as that car turns, perhaps the car ahead blocked some signal or the turning car caused an odd reflection that interrupted the incoming signal a little.

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
that little break in the buzzing also happens on 5 passes .... there is a pattern but this isnt the first poliscan i have ecountered either

so if you want to compare beetween types of guns and tests
didnt truspeed VPR also give LI a croaky voice at some stage.. didnt an up date fix this

back on topic

or is the tru speed the same as the poliscan algo ?

I have used both the basic and hifi control pads on both HW1 and 2 CPU's. now if you are running multiple heads you are probably not hearing weak signal as two heads covers very well... I'll dig up a video from the multi head test i did, it was with a HW1 CPU and a basic control pad (but the tones do something very similar between basic control pad and hifi promode). You could clearly hear the signal reception get weak with only one ALP head as I approached the guns (especailly truspeed with the narrow beam) the tones broke up and got very intermittent when targeting the edges of the car away from the center head and then it PT'd, as soon as I went to two head it was solid sounding no matter where up fron was being targeted as the coverage was better with two heads. I do hear a little break up in the buzzing in your video right as that car turns, perhaps the car ahead blocked some signal or the turning car caused an odd reflection that interrupted the incoming signal a little.
that little break in the buzzing also happens on 5 passes .... there is a pattern but this isnt the first poliscan i have ecountered either

so if you want to compare between types of guns and tests
didnt truspeed VPR also give LI a croaky voice at some stage.. didnt an up date fix this

back on topic

or is the tru speed the same as the poliscan algo ?

Last edited:

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Did the little blip occur at the same place each time? there is some stuff along the side of the road in front of the poliscan I wonder if there is something there that gets between you and the poliscan at that same location each time, (sign, pole or such) and is blocking the signal for a split second until you get past it or does this happen each time you pass any poliscan?

No the Algos would be different for poliscan vs truspeed S and truspeed LR, I was just thinking that perhaps in my testing video you can hear a little drop when the signal is briefly not seen might be similar to what happening here. That was all I was suggesting, I suspect it's not a case of bad head placement or insufficinet head coverage but more either something specific to poliscan or something briefly blocking the signal.

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Did the little blip occur at the same place each time? there is some stuff along the side of the road in front of the poliscan I wonder if there is something there that gets between you and the poliscan at that same location each time, (sign, pole or such) and is blocking the signal for a split second until you get past it or does this happen each time you pass any poliscan?

No the Algos would be different for poliscan vs truspeed S and truspeed LR, I was just thinking that perhaps in my testing video you can hear a little drop when the signal is briefly not seen might be similar to what happening here. That was all I was suggesting, I suspect it's not a case of bad head placement or insufficinet head coverage but more either something specific to poliscan or something briefly blocking the signal.
at first i thought the same maybe a breif gap between poli and heads head loacation and number of heads are certainly not an issiue here

this breif blip apears to be on other poliscans i have past and at the same time during allert

like i said this isnt my first poliscan this breif blip in sound i have only just recently noticed after all these years allong with some sound issiues thats not consistant while scrolling through menues

Last edited:

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can see that in my YouTube below where the car in front and power poles etc are blocking the lidar signal in pro mode on hi-fi. As I get closer the signal improves ;

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yes, you can see that in my YouTube below where the car in front and power poles etc are blocking the lidar signal in pro mode on hi-fi. As I get closer the signal improves ;

thanks winter been having some issiues with mine lately seems to freeze up allot and my pro mode doesnt apear to be working as it shoul untill just recently

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks winter been having some issiues with mine lately seems to freeze up allot and my pro mode doesnt apear to be working as it shoul untill just recently
No worries, mine occasionally randomly disconnects/powers off, but I suspect it may be the BT module thinking its trying to connect to my phone rather than hi-fi, when my phone ihas BT turned on, but ALPConnect isn't running.

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
No worries, mine occasionally randomly disconnects/powers off, but I suspect it may be the BT module thinking its trying to connect to my phone rather than hi-fi, when my phone ihas BT turned on, but ALPConnect isn't running.
i try to stay away from updates bluetooth wifi etc to many conflicts if you ask me .. I like to wait for them to iron out the creases .. i only run the hifi module for the extra loudness in the cab

perfect example on conflicts it apears i have been stuck in the twighlight zone ... Recently BRD helped me out reseting my cpu back in my stat thread ...It apears my cpu may of been stuck and needed to be flatlined ?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcmackintosh