I got a ticket that was never entered into the system.

rj0

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I got a ticket, went to pay it online but when I submit the proper information it says "no search results" please try again. I called the police department and they said sometimes it takes days before the tickets become available to pay online. It's now been months. Still I am not able to pay the ticket online. Not sure if I should let sleeping dogs lie here or if I should do something about it. ~$50 parking ticket in a city. out of state.

GoWFO

If you have to go... GoWFO!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
With a parking ticket, I personally would just ignore it. INAL but I've never heard of a failure to pay one resulting in arrest.

Bocephus

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I know here it depends on the issuing agency, and how quickly they can turn over the information to the Clerk. In regards to a parking ticket they won't issue you a warrant or anything like that. However, most cities and municipalities turn them over to collections eventually.

That being said no record of issuance should you poke the bear?

rj0

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I know here it depends on the issuing agency, and how quickly they can turn over the information to the Clerk. In regards to a parking ticket they won't issue you a warrant or anything like that. However, most cities and municipalities turn them over to collections eventually.

That being said no record of issuance should you poke the bear?
Yeah I don't want to call the police department, tell them the the ticket was never entered into their system, give them the ticket number and then they say, "Oh, thanks for letting us know, you now owe us $200 in late fee's as well".
Post automatically merged:

I just called and straight up asked if they could check if my license plate had any tickets on it and they checked for me and said I didn't have any. No idea how, but I guess I'm good.

Last edited:

wjbertrand

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
If they want your money, you'll probably eventually receive a letter demanding it. After this much time though, I suspect it's been lost at their end somewhere. Lucky for you!

I once received a parking ticket in which the cop had left out a digit from my license plate number. I figured they would never be able to determine which position the digit had been left out of and what the digit was. I wrinkled it up in a ball and tossed it. Never heard boo about it.

SWB

Blue Taco
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I would take it in an offer to pay it. Explain you have been trying. It will rear its ugly head one day when you don't want it too.

Last edited:

STS-134

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would take it in an offer to pay it. Explain you have been trying. It will rear its ugly head one day when you don't want it to.
Why? If they screw up, don't help them out. It's not the OP's burden to make sure all of the processes are followed, that's theirs.

And by the way, the law typically requires that the ticket be filed with the processing agency AND a "courtesy notice" be sent to the registered owner of the vehicle within a certain number of days. This is so that if the notice was removed from the windshield or fell off the car, the registered owner still gets notified. If this hasn't been done, then the ticket is invalid, and should not be paid. The authority of any city to issue parking tickets comes from the state's Vehicle Code, and therefore, all of the agencies involved in issuing the ticket need to follow the Vehicle Code in going through the process. If they mess up at any individual step, then that's grounds for getting the entire ticket tossed.

Source: Personal experience. I've been issued 5 parking tickets and I've paid 0 of them. They all got tossed. Every. Single. One. Because with every ticket, someone on the other end didn't do something right.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
For NYC you can look up your plate for tickets. Just double check here and there then forget about it

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
That would be the same thing as waking a sleeping baby! Don't do it! I'd damn sure make them come to me!

SWB

Blue Taco
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Did I forget how to comprehend things? I still don’t get why there was a piglet behind you with it’s lights on. All I got was there was sheet metal all over the highway which someone needs to clean as it is a hazard on the road.
Why? If they screw up, don't help them out. It's not the OP's burden to make sure all of the processes are followed, that's theirs.

And by the way, the law typically requires that the ticket be filed with the processing agency AND a "courtesy notice" be sent to the registered owner of the vehicle within a certain number of days. This is so that if the notice was removed from the windshield or fell off the car, the registered owner still gets notified. If this hasn't been done, then the ticket is invalid, and should not be paid. The authority of any city to issue parking tickets comes from the state's Vehicle Code, and therefore, all of the agencies involved in issuing the ticket need to follow the Vehicle Code in going through the process. If they mess up at any individual step, then that's grounds for getting the entire ticket tossed.

Source: Personal experience. I've been issued 5 parking tickets and I've paid 0 of them. They all got tossed. Every. Single. One. Because with every ticket, someone on the other end didn't do something right.
Enough said. Lol I've never had a parking ticket. Maybe its not that big of a deal.

oldcelt

lurking in the tall grass
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
For NYC you can look up your plate for tickets. Just double check here and there then forget about it
In 1974 I accumulated $4200 worth of (mostly bogus) parking tickets in NYC. At that time NYS DMV would suspend your registration for more than 3 unpaid parking tickets. I changed my vehicle registration to FLA (used a friends address). Never heard crap about it when I returned to NY in 1977. That was in the days before modern computers though. No such thing a s RAM......memory was reel to reel tape.

TeamQuack

s\/\/er\/e
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would go in person and have it checked, the last thing you need is your credit messed with or warrant over a stupid ticket.

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Now, if you lived in the Gold Coast, in Queensland Australia, these fine citizens would have taken care of that in the first place.
_20200115_114848.JPG

America needs meter maids.
Gold Coast have had this in operation since 1965.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sightline