Waze Police reports delayed

fitz4321

Running With Scissors
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
(I debated if I should post this in passive countermeasures or here... I chose here)

I’ve been running Highway Radar for a little over a month now. Several times I’ve gotten a police report timed at 10 seconds ago on Highway Radar. Waze doesn’t show the same report for a full minute. This is not an isolated report. I’ve seen this several times.

So, if your using Waze only and a Good Samaritan one mile ahead of you reports something, you may not get the alert on time.

Twi7ch

brap brap
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Highway Radar updates more frequently that's why you see that. Same goes for JBV1. It's an added bonus of these apps

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
It all depends on how often the data is refreshed, if the report happens right before it refeshesthen you get it sooner. Highway radar refreshes pretty often

GotWake

Speed Kills
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not long ago, I saw a NCHP pull off probably a mile in front of me. I was getting ready hit the report button when someone's report popped up. I haven't tested it in a while, but in the past it would show up fast for one report and another would take a few minutes.

200V

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
HR updates in 10 seconds for me. Just make a Waze report with HR running to test out.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably runs the same as JBV1. A few times JBV1 has reported to new reports before they even showed up on vvaze.

RadarSammich

I detect radar and radar accessories
Advanced User
Reaction score
I had an 8 second save by the JBV1 app, and nothing was on wze, then I got zapped by lidar, I had already slowed by the time he saw me though, this was going through OHIO. The wze reports do seem delayed a bit probably due to the whining by the LEO community that its affecting their revenue. Ive used the HR app though especially since it unmasks the LEO aircraft that try to mask their plane identity, like the case of the New Hampshire State Police plane:police3:

Jesse

Learning to Drive
General User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm actually getting my own alerts I post on Waze. Almost every time I mark something new on Waze, Highway Radar alerts to it...I think it's actually refreshing too fast.

fitz4321

Running With Scissors
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm actually getting my own alerts I post on Waze. Almost every time I mark something new on Waze, Highway Radar alerts to it...I think it's actually refreshing too fast.
I get my own instantly also, but I don’t think anyone else sees it until their Waze refreshes. I think it’s about a 1 minute refresh.

Bloovy One

125,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
As I understand it (and this coincides with everything else I've said) reporting in Waze places the alert in the data stream quickly.

Seeing the data stream more frequently with a different client will show that alert sooner.

Waze itself polls every 90 seconds. :)

CPB

Left Lane for Passing Only
Advanced User
Reaction score
HR updates in 10 seconds for me. Just make a Waze report with HR running to test out.
Yep, I'll mark a cop, then hear it hit my HR about 10 seconds later as a behind threat.

bhrodeoaz

Lifted and tuned Ram...
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I ran into this alot on my road trip to OK. Highway radar was forst to report OHP before Waze alert even showed up in the waze app itself. Even more so along the 412 hwy. So there is lag between the communications between WAZE and HR.

Discord Server

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EMCCM