Midwest Testing?

protias

Retired CM enthusiast / Train Horn Advocate
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
really hard to do testing when you cant gather in groups. its hard enough finding spots in normal times that you wont get hassled at.
Plus finding a long enough road to test at. My dream is still getting a place next to a high so we can just park at my house.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Plus finding a long enough road to test at. My dream is still getting a place next to a high so we can just park at my house.
Yeah, a couple of years ago there was a house for sale on TXCTG's Pioneer Pkwy course in Waco that made me wish I had the funds to own two houses. It would have been sweet to have testing parties there. :)

Last edited:

Blasirl

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I've organized the last couple WCTG/MWCTG meets near the Dells area. Not sure what's going to go on this year just yet with COVID and all.
So since you are in my AO, do you have an installer you like? I have been looking at Showtime Audio, 1317 W North Ave Chicago, IL 60642, (773) 489-7469, but that is only because they are a dealer/Installer. I have no background on them.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
So since you are in my AO, do you have an installer you like? I have been looking at Showtime Audio, 1317 W North Ave Chicago, IL 60642, (773) 489-7469, but that is only because they are a dealer/Installer. I have no background on them.
Can't really help you there. I do all of my own installs. With a little patience, most CM stuff is pretty easy to install.

protias

Retired CM enthusiast / Train Horn Advocate
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't really help you there. I do all of my own installs. With a little patience, most CM stuff is pretty easy to install.
Unless you go my route...but it was probably still doable, but I have no time/patience for that.

lugnuts

PSL lol
Advanced User
Reaction score
Unless you go my route...but it was probably still doable, but I have no time/patience for that.
it was a lot of work just removing all your stuff. I redid the install in one of my cars recently and that took a month but I was only working on it on the weekends and nights. still at least 40 hours but that's not a "normal" install.

Rocketman68

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So I have a 3FR/3RR ALP set up newly installed and would like to get the system tested. Anyone interested in a midwest event?
I am game for Midwest test. I am in NW Ohio, Only have PL-3 and Ultralight LR for testing. Tons of Radar equip. Tnx

bbenj10

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I am also central midwest- Central Iowa so a little jaunt for Ohio folks- but have a smear of LE guns..... I would like to get another meet here in this area as soon as we don't have nasty white stuff on the ground and it is more comfortable to be outside.
I'm in KC and trying to find someone to meet up with to get 3 installs tested. I'll PM you in a moment, thanks!

Ohioluck

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Any plans to get an event going since everything is opening back up?

OBeerWANKenobi

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Any plans to get an event going since everything is opening back up?
@Jon at Radenso @Randy at Radenso what do you guys think about having an event mid-summer or after as long as things keep going well?

I haven't even been able to use a day of vacation yet because of travel restrictions so I wouldn't mind a road trip.

CobawLT2010

Land of the quarantined, home of the afraid.
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score

gwing

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Agree with @Randy at Radenso. I've been out and about during the LOCKDOWN, even went into the plant once. Until the social distancing and other restrictions lift, I don't see getting together as a good idea whatever the lofty purpose (ticket evasion).

OBeerWANKenobi

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d say it is too soon to know right now
Agree with @Randy at Radenso. I've been out and about during the LOCKDOWN, even went into the plant once. Until the social distancing and other restrictions lift, I don't see getting together as a good idea whatever the lofty purpose (ticket evasion).
I absolutely agree that it's too soon to know, which is why it depends on whether things go good or not.

I guess I'm thinking of a hope for the best, plan for the worst situation. What I do know is that it won't happen for sure if there aren't even some tentative plans in place. From my experience, getting test events together is like herding cats. You've got to plan out a weekend to do it and at least one alternate. Even then it's super hard to get anyone to commit.

it can always be canceled but if there are no plans, it's definitely not going to happen.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toma