LRD950 Issue

e46mitch

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I've had my LRD950 for over 4 years now and it's been a great detector for the most part. I've started having this issue where after about an hour of driving it will start saying "User Mark Logged" then "Delete All User Mark" and it will go back and forth doing those things until it freezes up maybe 10 seconds later. I've tried factory resetting the detector and updating the firmware and sub firmware with Uniden's utility and none of that has helped. Is my detector done for? It works just fine up until it starting doing this and I can't seem to find anyone else who has had this issue. Any information is greatly appreciated.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
It kinda sounds like a mechanical problem to me. Maybe the "Mark" button has some schmutz clogging up the works or it's contact is messed up?

mattguy10

Keep it under a hundred
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen some reports on here in the past for the R3 getting stuck on “delete mute memory,” and IIRC it was a power cord issue. I know we aren’t talking about the R3 or “delete mute memory,” but maybe trying a different power cord is worth a shot..

beo111

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Looks like all you can do is send it in to Uniden for repair, or buy a new one. I don't think there's any other alternative.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like all you can do is send it in to Uniden for repair, or buy a new one. I don't think there's any other alternative.
Sure there's an alternative. Take it apart and see if you can find the problem. I'm pretty sure the warranty period is over by now. :)

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Try the power cord suggestion first. Then try checking the mute button on the detector if necessary.

Up All Night

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s unbelievable to me but, the 950 is still on sale on amazon for $279 the logical replacement would be dfr7 for $159 or a upgrade to r3 ~ $289.
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

e46mitch

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the helpful replies. I should have included more information in my original post. This issue happens both with the cord that came with the detector and has persisted since I've hardwired the detector with a different cord. I also took the detector apart before posting to see if there was anything that could be messing with the mark button but everything inside the detector looks great as far as I can tell. I think my plan will be to use the 950 for a little longer and deal with the issue until I can pull the trigger on an R7 which I would have ended up upgrading to regardless of the 950 having issues.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
It kinda sounds like a mechanical problem to me. Maybe the "Mark" button has some schmutz clogging up the works or it's contact is messed up?
YUP SOUNDS LIKE BUTTON is worn out for sure

Mothership time 🤔🤔

Benzr

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcthome