My TMG Alpha-15 has been a Blessing.

Spearscrue

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
. This was recorded on 12-30-2019 in Huron Twp. MI on N.B. I-275 between exits #11 and 13. This day I was cruising along around 75mph because I now no that he sits there, but about a couple months ago (I think I might have posted the story already) I came thru there doing well over 100mph and he hit me with his D.E. I stomped on the brakes and got my speed in check, I could of sworn I was a cooked goose but he didn't get me. As you can see in the video as I'm coming up the highway you can't see him due to the grouping of trees that is blocking him but when you come around the trees he's laying and waiting for an ambush. Their so bad in that area that around another 3/4 mile up the road (47 seconds into the video, he wasn't there at that moment) there is another one doing the same thing on the S.B. side hiding in the trees. My system is a Gen 2, 3 Head on the front of a 2019 Honda Ridgeline

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
Did you happen to put the unit in receive only mode before he hit you?

Spearscrue

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Did you happen to put the unit in receive only mode before he hit you?
No I was just running as normal, I think I have it set at 5 seconds JTK

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

You should have put it to receive mode once you slowed down. Left it on much longer than needed.

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score

From my experience, the system will audibly say "Auto Sleep Mode" immediately after IDing the gun if it enters auto sleep mode. Yours didn't here, which is what mine does if it continues to jam (only know this from having it in test mode for testing). Just want to make sure you didn't JTG
Post automatically merged:

@Jag42 can you confirm this?

Spearscrue

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
You should have put it to receive mode once you slowed down. Left it on much longer than needed.
I think I'm going to adjust it to 3 seconds

From my experience, the system will audibly say "Auto Sleep Mode" immediately after IDing the gun if it enters auto sleep mode. Yours didn't here, which is what mine does if it continues to jam (only know this from having it in test mode for testing). Just want to make sure you didn't JTG

@Jag42 can you confirm this?
I'm getting plenty of practice on this cop because he seems to be there atleast 3 times a week, with all this practice I can make some adjustments.

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
It was a longer jam then needed, but he made his adjustments,and owned up to it. The point is his TMG is doing its job,slaying the Dragon.
Oh absolutely! I wasn't trying to be hard on him, just making sure I understood the system! If it came across that way, I apologize. :)

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm getting plenty of practice on this cop because he seems to be there atleast 3 times a week, with all this practice I can make some adjustments.

Don't practice too much. We're had forum members memorized by departments near them giving them a lot of grief... Don't be put on their radar and fear every unit nearby knowing who you are and what equipment you might have on the car

Spearscrue

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Don't practice too much. We're had forum members memorized by departments near them giving them a lot of grief... Don't be put on their radar and fear every unit nearby knowing who you are and what equipment you might have on the car
I have adjusted it down to 3 seconds, I'm wondering if they already know who I am? Traveling the same route for 18 years. But yes you are right I don't need any issues with any law man. Nope I'm good

Bocephus

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Keep working on the muscle memory to put them in receive mode. I’m on the other side of the scale where I kill it to fast. Thanks for sharing!

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I was also under the impression that in auto sleep mode that it only alerts once and then goes into sleep mode for one minute. That's what mine does. It only continues to alert in test mode. I have mine set to the factory default of 4 seconds and it works perfectly both in lots of testing and my only real world save so far. I haven't tried it in recieve only mode yet.

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yea, this video definitely seems like a JTG rather than JTK or recieve. It only stopped once you passed him. If it was recieve only, usually they'd get a lock and move to the next car.

From my own experience, I believe TMG will stay in Test to Recieve mode even after power cycling. So I've made it a habit to hit the test button twice to make sure I'm not JTG or not jamming at all.

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are slower than car on your right and doing PSL you need to kill your system in the first second.
I strongly believe you are on his radar now since he targeted you entire time wondering why he cant get a lock on your car and what tech you have to prevent his DE from not locking.
4+ seconds jamming is only reserved for 100+mph driving, anything bellow 99mph should be manually killed under 4 seconds.
When driving PSL, JTK should be done under 2 seconds.

DrHow

Going “Plaid” ASAP (Tesla S) RDT refugee
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

Don’t let them give you too hard of time to run it for 5 seconds. Nothing to be ashamed. Sure, many will suggest that if only three seconds, the DE operator will not think you are doing CM. Well, the DE will alert it is being jammed within 3 seconds. So, he knew you were up to something.

In defense (weak) of the three second rule, if you don’t mind putting the Ridgeline nose into the concrete whil hitting brakes hard enough to bleed speed within 2 seconds, and within 1 second get your foot on the brakes in time, from the sound of the alert, looks like he pinged you three times in about 5 seconds. In theory, IF you were on brakes hard enough, fast enough, by his third ping, he would have a reading that says no jamming and alerts a speed (Which if you were on Ridgeline binders fast/hard enough would have bled off from 75mph. From 100mph? Not so sure). He would know by your braking and DE CM alert, you were guilty as heck of messing with him anyway. Also, in this reference he had a vehicle close to you for reference. Easy to spot rapid speed change.

again, do not feel guilty at the religious fervor over 3 second rule. Practice makes perfect (with a friend that has DE. I have one, located in Indiana), especially with the proper stealthy braking vehicle, light traffic. In the mean time, you do not want to be picked out as messing with him, and not get down to PSL in time before your defense turns off. IMO.

in meantime, practice with manual instant off as you approach PSL under hard braking before 3 seconds is up (Recommended above by Bailey). Hope that the Ridgeline chassis and tires are ready for that. Again, use someone on RDF who has laser CM. And DE. That way you can get reports how the DE reacts to your vehicle and shows CM use. Each vehicle is slightly different. Good to have intel on yours.

I have adjusted it down to 3 seconds, I'm wondering if they already know who I am? Traveling the same route for 18 years. But yes you are right I don't need any issues with any law man. Nope I'm good

See above.

Last edited:

Spearscrue

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Don’t let them give you too hard of time to run it for 5 seconds. Nothing to be ashamed. Sure, many will suggest that if only three seconds, the DE operator will not hunk you are doing CM. Well, the DE will alert it is being jammed within 3 seconds. So, he knew you were up to something.

In defense (weak) of the three second rule, if you don’t mind putting the Ridgeline nose into the concrete whil hitting brakes hard enough to bleed speed within 3 seconds, and within 1 second get your foot on the brakes in time, from the sound of the alert, looks like he pinged you three times in about 5 seconds. In theory, IF you were on brakes hard enough, fast enough, by his third ping, he would have a reading that says no jamming and alerts a speed (Which if you were on Ridgeline binders fast/hard enough would have bled off from 75mph. From 100mph? Not so sure). He would know by your braking and DE CM alert, you were guilty as heck of messing with him anyway. Also, in this reference he had a vehicle close to you for reference. Easy to spot rapid speed change.

again, do not feel guilty at the religious fervor over 3 second rule. Practice makes perfect (with a friend that has DE. I have one, located in Indiana), especially with the proper stealthy braking vehicle, light traffic. In the mean time, you do not want to be picked out as messing with him, and not get down to PSL in time before your defense turns off. IMO.

See below.
I passed him again yesterday on my way to work and again he lit me up, I had it set at 3 seconds and I thought that was just to short so I changed it to the standard 4 seconds that should be about perfect.

DrHow

Going “Plaid” ASAP (Tesla S) RDT refugee
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I passed him again yesterday on my way to work and again he lit me up, I had it set at 3 seconds and I thought that was just to short so I changed it to the standard 4 seconds that should be about perfect.

Good work. I just edited my post above. Added a couple tid-bits that might help.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilmaya