TMG A-15 Falsing then nothing

jungl3

Custom title
General User
Reaction score
Hey team

Had something weird happen a few weeks ago.
While driving along it randomly started repeatedly reporting a positive from the front, then after sleep mode, instantly report, sleep mode... rinse repeat until I turned the car off/power cycled.

Ever since then, it doesn't report anything at all - from any of the three front heads or the two rears which is super weird, and suspected a software issue rather than all five heads failing at once.

Tried to do a system update tonight thinking that would reset something, and used the Android app to connect and update the ALGO fine to v8.09, however won't let me do a CTRL update.
Every time I select CTRL update, do the pin reset into update, reconnect bluetooth and click OK, it says "open File fail..." (attached)

CTRL version is also showing as Vunknown

Is there a way to manually download the CTRL update and point the app at it?
Heading to root\TMG folder shows only the algo.bin file in there

Appreciate any insight!

Attachments

• ctrl_update.jpg
    ctrl_update.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 46

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Have you tried clearing out the two files under 0/TMG? See pic.

Also, I'll attach my last Ctrl.bin file. :) You will have to rename it to .bin.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191228-081216.png
    Screenshot_20191228-081216.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 45
  • ctrl.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 34

jungl3

Custom title
General User
Reaction score
Awesome thanks!

The only file in there is the algo.bin that was created tonight - assumed it was the v8.09
I'll drop the attached ctrl.txt(bin) into the TMG folder and see if the app will pick it up

Still not sure if this will fix my non-reporting problem
Probably need to pick up a tester at some stage
Post automatically merged:

App no longer gives "open File fail" and proceeds to updating CTRL, but sits there and won't send/receive - left it for a few minutes to see if it would progress but no luck.

Keen to try anything

Last edited:

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
What was it reporting when it had the non-stop repeat issue? I had a bad head that caused it to do a non-stop "Dragoneye Compact" report no matter what was around, the system had to be on for about a minute then it started. I replaced the bad head and all is fine now.

I would assume that the CPU is on right? I have had a couple fuses blow from a head going bad.

Make sure you have a good cell signal for updating and bluetooth connection. I have found the bluetooth kind of difficult to re-connect to CPU when I did a hard reset, it took multiple tries.

To find out if a head went bad try unplugging the heads, at CPU might be easiest, to see if it makes the CPU happy to show you update information-if it works then isolate each head one by one to find the bad one.

It is also possible the CPU went bad but I am not sure how common that is or how to test it. I guess if nothing else works then you will have to try replacing it.

jungl3

Custom title
General User
Reaction score
[QUOTE="TurboDriver, post: 1372719, member: 2680"!]...[/QUOTE]
Not sure if it was a genuine positive at the start of the "reporting" loop but I was on the way to work, and put it in the figure-it-out-later pile once I got there. Didn't happen on the way home so put it down to software glitch.

CPU is on and system is behaving normally, other than not reporting any encounters - can change modes, volume etc

Haven't had any issues connecting with the unit, other than trying to update CTRL

There's a fixed camera not far from me - I'll unplug all heads tomorrow and run through one connected at a time to see if I can get anything

Thanks for the suggestions

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Mine did a DE false a month or so ago that wouldnt quit until I turned the car off - I havent actually checked it since but it did accept an algo update the last time. I bought a cheapo tester a few weeks ago but forgot about it. I'll dig it out, lol.

Jag42

USA TMG a-15 Dealer - PM me
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Hey team

Had something weird happen a few weeks ago.
While driving along it randomly started repeatedly reporting a positive from the front, then after sleep mode, instantly report, sleep mode... rinse repeat until I turned the car off/power cycled.

Ever since then, it doesn't report anything at all - from any of the three front heads or the two rears which is super weird, and suspected a software issue rather than all five heads failing at once.

Tried to do a system update tonight thinking that would reset something, and used the Android app to connect and update the ALGO fine to v8.09, however won't let me do a CTRL update.
Every time I select CTRL update, do the pin reset into update, reconnect bluetooth and click OK, it says "open File fail..." (attached)

CTRL version is also showing as Vunknown

Is there a way to manually download the CTRL update and point the app at it?
Heading to root\TMG folder shows only the algo.bin file in there

Appreciate any insight!

What is your order number? I see your from Aussie land?

CTLC200

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I had it false 3 times with DEC on the first day of installation. Haven't been able to recreate it since.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jln