Speed icon disappears on R7

fireparamed

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
R7 the display is set to speed. The word speed disappears and reappears from time to time even though the speed number continues to be displayed.

Any ideas why? GPS signal strength indicator?

Last edited:

KnightHawk

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
No GPS signal strength indicator with the R7. I guess that is how Uniden programmed it to be for the flashing speed sign but continues to show the actual speed in numbers.

leesrt

Mature Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
R7 the display is set to speed. The word speed disappears and reappears from time to time even though the speed number continues to be displayed.

Any ideas why? GPS signal strength indicator?
It's been stated many times on the forum, prevents burn in of the letters

fireparamed

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It's been stated many times on the forum, prevents burn in of the letters
Oh, ok. It didn’t do that on my R3 even after the most recent firmware so I didn’t know if it was a new feature or if I was having a different issue and it didn’t say anything in the manual about preventing screen burn in (that I could find).

Thank you for the quick answer.

lageass

Vendor
Beginner User
Vendor
Reaction score
The glass inside the metal will affect the GPS signal and the GPS antenna for navigation.
If you eliminate these two problems, you can try to refresh the firmware and restore the factory settings.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The glass inside the metal will affect the GPS signal and the GPS antenna for navigation.
If you eliminate these two problems, you can try to refresh the firmware and restore the factory settings.
He is not losing GPS signal. He is just commenting about how the display screen changes every few minutes. This is intentional due to the programming by the manufacturer; the screen changes every few minutes in order to prevent the OLED screen from becoming damaged. If any image or text is displayed too long, then the screen will become damaged, or what we call "burned in".

Notice in this photo (provided by @Jag42 ) how there is the word "City" burned in, in the center of the display behind the center graphic.

R3-burned_in_2.jpg

R3-OLED-display-burn-in-saying-City-photo-by-Jag42.jpg

Euurx

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yeah as someone above said, it prevents burning on the screen. It doesn't bother me much at all.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesus359