Radar Uniden DFR7 Motorcycle Radar Detector vs Ka 34.80 - Close one!!

BWX

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Post automatically merged:

Detection at around 00:28

I can't seem to find an edit button in the post!? Can't edit posts anymore?? 🤔🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice Save!

hiddencam

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasty I/O-ing bastard right there. Awesome save.

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
the nice thing about being on a bike is you have a very small radar signature (meaning they can't measure you from as far away) since you have such a small surface area to reflect back radar waves.

BWX

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
the nice thing about being on a bike is you have a very small radar signature (meaning they can't measure you from as far away) since you have such a small surface area to reflect back radar waves.
Is that true though? I thought it mainly bounced off of headlights and stuff.. but yeah it does make sense a smaller target would be harder to clock the farther away you are.

Crazy wide angle makes it look farther in the vid than it really is though, but he was behind trees and earth, then popped out from that long corner behind a car. It didn’t give me a ton of time!!

Bocephus

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice save, and video editing! Where about is this as that is quite a few bikers for a short video? Thanks for sharing!

BWX

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Nice save, and video editing! Where about is this as that is quite a few bikers for a short video? Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! Yeah it was actually kind of strange to see two bikes right in a row in that short of time while I was making a vid. It’s in Upstate NY in the boondocks- back in Aug I think, on a road I haven’t been on in decades. Quite a few bikers out on nice days actually.. because we’re all coop up all winter!

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

BWX

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Nice save! Do you run you your DFR7 with Ka Wide or Narrow? 34.80 is definitely creeping up there for KA Narrow!
I think I run KA wide and K narrow and I don’t run X at all. I don’t get many Ka falses that I am aware of so I just keep it wide open! Yeah that was weird seeing 34.8!

NorEaster18

Probably stuck in traffic...
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think I run KA wide and K narrow and I don’t run X at all. I don’t get many Ka falses that I am aware of so I just keep it wide open! Yeah that was weird seeing 34.8!
Probably best that you run it Wide. NY seems to have Stalkers transmitting all over the place

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mickrussom