Taking a drive from Baltimore to Pittsburgh next summer

spongebobradarpants

aka "The Grouch"
Advanced User
Reaction score
What do?

Just bring an RD and try to stay with the flow of traffic? No way I'm finding wireless jammers to install on a rental car for a single 4 hour drive. That would be absurd. I know MD freaking loves laser and PA state cops can't use radar I think, so I imagine it's just god damn laser alley all the way, no?

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would expect C/O-I/O Ka and lidar from the MD troopers and then I/O K band from PA troopers. Might be better to take I-70-68-70 all the way to stay out of PA as long as possible due to the K band usage

spongebobradarpants

aka "The Grouch"
Advanced User
Reaction score
I would expect C/O-I/O Ka and lidar from the MD troopers and then I/O K band from PA troopers. Might be better to take I-70-68-70 all the way to stay out of PA as long as possible due to the K band usage
How does traffic flow in this area? Drivers pretty timid and go at/below speed limit or will they go a good bit above?

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
How does traffic flow in this area? Drivers pretty timid and go at/below speed limit or will they go a good bit above?
Never drove that area so I can't say. Most likely just with any highway I would expect everyone to be around 75-85 if the PSL is 65. 78 should be a good safe cruising speed

spongebobradarpants

aka "The Grouch"
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think it'd be pretty likely to catch some rabbits too like most interstates.

tmcmenam

Advanced User
Reaction score
The radar usage in the Pittsburgh area if PA is mostly C/O K band no Ka. During that route you probably won't see much police enforcement after Baltimore until you get close to Pitt but I would stay in MD as long as you can.

The traffic on your route will be very light.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

spongebobradarpants

aka "The Grouch"
Advanced User
Reaction score
The radar usage in the Pittsburgh area if PA is mostly C/O K band no Ka. During that route you probably won't see much police enforcement after Baltimore until you get close to Pitt but I would stay in MD as long as you can.

The traffic on your route will be very light.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info

AJinNJ

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Just to re-enforce, PA is almost entirely K-band; no laser yet (but I read elsewhere it may be coming).

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgazette