Lawyer Cost for a speeding ticket

MakeChaiNotWar

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Just curious for those of you who used a lawyer to fight your speeding ticket, how much do they typically charge?

hiddencam

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
For 88 in a 70 in Missouri (in mid-2015) I paid $118 for an attorney at https://www.pulledover.com/fees/ to get it dropped to defective equipment. That's very cheap compared to other states.

System

PSL ÷ 2
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend called for a quote a few weeks back - the lawyer wanted $340, plus the cost of the ticket to get 2 points removed. It was a $140 ticket. I'm not sure if this is normal or just inflated because the ticket is so low

Bocephus

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm presuming from the responses on this thread that most people got the services as described, and therefore a reduced citation/infraction? Might be helpful to state what was paid for, and the services actually received.

I mean we are dealing with lawyers here after all...

P.S. Sorry in advance if your profession is being a lawyer.

1move

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
My girlfriend called for a quote a few weeks back - the lawyer wanted $340, plus the cost of the ticket to get 2 points removed. It was a $140 ticket. I'm not sure if this is normal or just inflated because the ticket is so low
It shows you are in Alberta, how certain are you that it was a "lawyer" and not just an ex-cop that know the crown. These guys are scam artists and just retired cops that jump through loop holes to get ahead.

Just go in and see the crown prosecutor yourself.

System

PSL ÷ 2
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
It shows you are in Alberta, how certain are you that it was a "lawyer" and not just an ex-cop that know the crown. These guys are scam artists and just retired cops that jump through loop holes to get ahead.

Just go in and see the crown prosecutor yourself.
Yeah ex-cop sorry. That's what I told her to do. She has a perfect record and the ticket was scummy, her hammers failed too so it was an all around bad situation. Her car was misfiring so she was just keeping it at (x) km/h to avoid complete breakdown

MakeChaiNotWar

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I guess it sorta shows that there's a large disparity in how much they charge. So it's best to shop around. If y'all know of any lawyers that do speeding tickets in CT, lmk. Would be good to have that information on hand for next time. You know for a friend lol.

Arcome

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
$350 in NC. Went from a misdemeanor with a mandatory 60 day suspension to the equivalent of a parking ticket so worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeamQuack

s\/\/er\/e
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah lawyers fee’s fluctuate depending on what they feel. some have an established rate. i have some lawyer friends that i had join this site to support the cause, take it easy on them ;)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sightline