Will Rogers Turnpike.

dchemist

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
OHP has been hitting all major highways around Tulsa pretty hard over the last year. It's time to keep your eyes peeled if you're traveling anywhere between now and New Year's.

turbofish

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Was just in Tulsa yesterday, using Highway Radar along with my R1. Yes, I did see quite a bit of vascar being used. Had a helicopter following me for a while but ended up dropping them. Vascar doesn't work well at night unless you are in the city
The road from Tulsa to NW Arkansas I know well. I know of all of the hide outs throughout the trip, I know what radar bands they will be using - but yesterday wasn't quite normal. It was kind of weird but it seemed like they were patrolling the side roads more than the highway itself. At one point, just out Tulsa on 412 and getting on the turnpike, I didn't pickup radar being used but I slowed down when I saw a flash of taillights from my headlights. Yep, highway patrol parked in front of a bridge. Of course he had to turn on his vehicle and start following me for a while, but he never once turned on his radar. I finally inched out of his range, stepping on it every time I was out of line of sight [10:30 PM] when the other thing happened. My wife who normally doesn't make any comments about my speed cautioned me that I might be pushing it too much when there was a known highway patrol behind me someplace.
I almost listened.
Still made good time even with the extra coverage and traffic

lugnuts

PSL lol
Advanced User
Reaction score
Was just in Tulsa yesterday, using Highway Radar along with my R1. Yes, I did see quite a bit of vascar being used. Had a helicopter following me for a while but ended up dropping them. Vascar doesn't work well at night unless you are in the city
The road from Tulsa to NW Arkansas I know well. I know of all of the hide outs throughout the trip, I know what radar bands they will be using - but yesterday wasn't quite normal. It was kind of weird but it seemed like they were patrolling the side roads more than the highway itself. At one point, just out Tulsa on 412 and getting on the turnpike, I didn't pickup radar being used but I slowed down when I saw a flash of taillights from my headlights. Yep, highway patrol parked in front of a bridge. Of course he had to turn on his vehicle and start following me for a while, but he never once turned on his radar. I finally inched out of his range, stepping on it every time I was out of line of sight [10:30 PM] when the other thing happened. My wife who normally doesn't make any comments about my speed cautioned me that I might be pushing it too much when there was a known highway patrol behind me someplace.
I almost listened.
Still made good time even with the extra coverage and traffic
I got pinched by VASCAR back in the 90's in NC at night and was in a rural area.

turbofish

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
They will normally have a much more difficult time seeing even what color your car is at night from 2000 feet above the deck but I did see it for the first time at night last night

lugnuts

PSL lol
Advanced User
Reaction score
They will normally have a much more difficult time seeing even what color your car is at night from 2000 feet above the deck but I did see it for the first time at night last night
I didn't think it was possible and hadn't thought to look out for it at the time.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they have a high quality camera they can just track the car and reference it to other cars on the road and the surrounding areas.

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Highway radar for the win :)

ARkaband

Safe Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I’ll believe it when I see proof of it.
You won’t ever see proof because they don’t do it. They throw “left lane violations” to justify their ridiculously expensive airplane operation.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnl