Expected release date for Theia?

I anticipate a RAI/Theia RD from Radenso in - 1st quarter of 2020

• Total voters

larryg1do

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
1. That's usually how selling a product or service works.
2. What difference would payment method matter?
3. Who knows.

People need to get a grip on reality (and maybe get a life?) and stop worrying about something you can do anything about.
Post automatically merged:

Don't you think Radenso already knows this?

They've had about a year to allocate funds.

Yes, a date is needed just to be sure they will be available for Black Friday and so people can have a few more days to allocate funds.

Not giving me doubt.

Then, of all people, you should have perspective about the relative importance of Theia in the grand scheme of things.

No big advantage, like when to kick off their FUD campaigns, lower prices, etc.

Apple has people trained to expect new products in the fall. No details are released ahead of the announcement date.
Yes Radenso knows this but that i Think there is still doubt out there . People do save but when a product is not available to purchase they may reallocate funds - most peoples piggy banks are not unlimited and coming into holiday season the money can easily get reallocated. As for the importance of Theia in the grand scheme of things - it’s not at all - it’s a luxury - which means that money gets reallocated first - as for advantages there is always competition and sales and to think that any one company can influence most others is just wrong with rare exceptions . Those exceptions would be a company like Apple. They release products besides iPhones all year long and in fact they release details well in advance - Apple Watch about a year in advance - new Apple silicon computers announced in June and just released in November.

I will say the longer no information comes out the more people will think it is indefinitely delayed or vaporware.

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s not vaporware but to optimize sales it would be best to release it before Black Friday so more people can allocate their funds - if not I’m sure it will sell well to the most enthusiastic at first either way but then it will take more time- yes I’m on the notification list - that’s not the answer - I’m not asking for info on Theia- however at this point it would be nice to nail down a date for the above reasons - and even though it is clear it is not the intent of Radenso the lack of information not videos is what is giving people doubt - it is more than understandable that 2020 has thrown everything into disruption - no one knows better than somebody like I do as I’m a physician in Wisconsin. But I really do believe that some concrete information can be released that will not give away any secrets and certainly not give your competition any big advantage - Apple does it all the time even up to a year in advance and because of the quality of their products people are willing to wait.
They did nail down a date, and have never wavered from it 2020.

larryg1do

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thats what they committed to, and never promised a specific date.
We all get that but at some point it’s time for a specific date - considering there are only 40 days left in the year if Theia is coming out this year a date can surely be announced even if aprice and other details are not - I’m sure there is no way competition could use that info - and at some point specifics will be announced and competition will have the information - if there is confidence in the product and it’s coming out in 2020 then let’s get on with it - if it’s delayed that is more than acceptable just say so. I do not think this waiting is building increased demand but it may be causing doubt and resentment

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
We all get that but at some point it’s time for a specific date - considering there are only 40 days left in the year if Theia is coming out this year a date can surely be announced even if aprice and other details are not - I’m sure there is no way competition could use that info - and at some point specifics will be announced and competition will have the information - if there is confidence in the product and it’s coming out in 2020 then let’s get on with it - if it’s delayed that is more than acceptable just say so. I do not think this waiting is building increased demand but it may be causing doubt and resentment

[sarcasm]When is Apple going to release their 14 inch Macbook Pro with the M1X chip and 4 thunderbolt ports? After all, my 2018 Macbook Pro is old and I want a new version of the M1 Macbook pro, but I want a better one than they have released currently. At some point, it's time for a specific date. I'm sure there's no way HP, Dell, or Intel could use that information against them. I do not think waiting is building increased demand, but it may be casting doubt and resentment.[/sarcasm]

In reality, I'm going to be a 1st hour purchaser of a 14in Macbook Pro with a M1X chip regardless of when it's announced because it'll be that much better than any other laptop for my purposes, and there really is no other competitive laptop when it comes to video editing performance on Davinci Resolve or Final Cut Pro. Literally nothing else even exists comparable, so I'll buy it. I have no choice, unless I want an objectively slower laptop.

That's how these things work.

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I hear ya, and the majority of us are very anxious for answers but all we can do is wait. There are examples here on RDF of products rushed to the market for different reasons, and in my opinion, that causes more brand damage then delaying release (not that Theia is delayed). If some are feeling doubt and resentment there other products available...

Last edited:

larryg1do

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
[sarcasm]When is Apple going to release their 14 inch Macbook Pro with the M1X chip and 4 thunderbolt ports? After all, my 2018 Macbook Pro is old and I want a new version of the M1 Macbook pro, but I want a better one than they have released currently. At some point, it's time for a specific date. I'm sure there's no way HP, Dell, or Intel could use that information against them. I do not think waiting is building increased demand, but it may be casting doubt and resentment.[/sarcasm]

In reality, I'm going to be a 1st hour purchaser of a 14in Macbook Pro with a M1X chip regardless of when it's announced because it'll be that much better than any other laptop for my purposes, and there really is no other competitive laptop when it comes to video editing performance on Davinci Resolve or Final Cut Pro. Literally nothing else even exists comparable, so I'll buy it. I have no choice, unless I want an objectively slower laptop.

The big difference is that MacBook Pro is a tool and he’s you are correct it will outclass everything else and there is a big track record of Apple doing that over the years with their products. I truly hope Theia will be the same and outclass everything - it has that hype and hope but no track record yet. And in this case it is not a tool but a luxury item.

analyzerman

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Jon have you looked into this company https://www.pugetsystems.com/ ? There's a you tuber "smartereveryday" that did a piece on this company.

MikePA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
...but it may be causing doubt and resentment
...in those who have no life.

The only people who should be this focused on Theia are Radenso employees and investors.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Jon have you looked into this company https://www.pugetsystems.com/ ? There's a you tuber "smartereveryday" that did a piece on this company.

Yes, I am very familiar with them. They do truly excellent reviews. They just did one that showed a 13 inch Macbook Pro M1 running premiere pro through Rosetta emulation was only 2-3x slower than their custom built Ryzen 5950x and RTX 3080 system. That is insane, my current $4000 Macbook pro is almost 8 times slower running the same benchmarks (which they let you download).

Once Adobe has native versions of Premiere Pro, it is entirely possible that the current M1 Macbook Pro will be almost as fast as a 5950x/RTX 3080 system for video editing. The fact that we are even saying with a straight face "A 13inch, super portable laptop is only 2-3x slower than a $3k desktop running an emulated version of Premiere Pro" is absolutely insane. That is what innovation looks like.

IcePick74

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Haha I'm the same, brought a new car and thought do I install my R7 hardwire kit or do I wait for Theia and install a Theia hardwire.
Im also waiting for Theia before doing some wiring.
Bought a new dash cam that has parking mode but needs a new wire ran.
Decided it can stay on the old power until I also have to pull the dash apart to wire Theia.

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I don't care how fast or powerful something is as long as it does what I need and want... I have an old HP laptop, does exactly all I need... I am actually content with my current detectors, but will definitely have a pre-order placed the second it's available because I think it will do what I need and want! 😁

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
@Jon at Radenso Off topic, but you took it there, so.... what I can’t stand about the M1 laptops is the fact that memory and storage is halved and I can’t even drop in more memory or a different SSD if I wanted to. I get that integrated systems and pathways make for way faster performance, but it still chaps my ass that not only is Apple limiting my upgradability but they’re also making it way more expensive (and currently not possible) to get the higher spect configs. Performance aside, their driving force is money and greed and they know people like you (no offense) will spend whatever to get whatever, no matter the limit. It’s like drug dealers. Apple knows you’re gonna break down and just bear it and buy the limits they give you because you’re itching for the fix. After all, you said it yourself, “I have no choice.” Well, you do, but that choice is one they know nobody will continue taking as it’s not as good by a good margin. That’s why the whole “vote with your wallet” doesn’t work in capitalism when one company surpasses all others and that drives the consumer to basically not really have a choice.

Ironically, if you play your cards right, Theia has the ability to do the same to the RD market. Eventually, the price vs performance return will tip and people won’t give a shit what it costs and will get it. Everyone else will suffer. Then we’ll start seeing Radenso start offering financing options, if you’re not already doing that, for their product to get it into even more hands at less of an initial financial hit. It’s worked for the carriers to sell $1400 phones.... you gonna tell me Randy hasn’t pondered it? Haha

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
@Jon at Radenso we’ll start seeing Radenso start offering financing options, if you’re not already doing that, for their product to get it into even more hands at less of an initial financial hit. It’s worked for the carriers to sell $1400 phones.... you gonna tell me Randy hasn’t pondered it? Haha

We already do through PayPal

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronton617