Radenso RC M Firmware update now available (24)

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Radenso RC M Firmware update now available (24)

Bug Fixes:
  • KA mute (some couldn't mute KA alert)
  • Lock out mute (some units didn't mute the lock out alert)
  • Error fix (some had issues updating the firmware. Locked out with "ERR" on the display)
*If you happen to update and see ERR with the latest firmware, please try updating a second time!

If you need any help updating your RC M please contact Radenso support at 1-888-RADENSO or [email protected], thank you!

Radenso Firmware Updates: https://radenso.com/pages/firmware

RaggedEdge

RDForum owner and Rdtalk.org Founder
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
So I just ran this update, it went from 0-100 on fw, voice and db and then said ERR. Now I cannot get it to turn on.

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I can't. The unit won't power on.

Please try again, with the files on the USB drive. I know the screen is blank and doesn’t appear to be powered on but give it sometime and it should begin to update.

RaggedEdge

Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Please try again, with the files on the USB drive. I know the screen is blank and doesn’t appear to be powered on but give it sometime and it should begin to update.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Thanks Randy, appreciate the after hours support! Update worked.

omgboost

Left Lane Hog
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Thanks Randy, appreciate the after hours support! Update worked.
How long did you wait? Have the same issue and it's been like 10 minutes now. I see the flash drive intermittently flash on for a sec or two then go off for a few seconds then flash on for another sec or two, etc

RaggedEdge

Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
How long did you wait? Have the same issue and it's been like 10 minutes now. I see the flash drive intermittently flash on for a sec or two then go off for a few seconds then flash on for another sec or two, etc

It started up within a minute or so. I turned my car off, waited about 20 minutes, inserted the thumb drive, powered up my car and after a minute it started the update.

omgboost

Left Lane Hog
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It started up within a minute or so. I turned my car off, waited about 20 minutes, inserted the thumb drive, powered up my car and after a minute it started the update.
Ok thanks. I'll try it again later

angrypenguin

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
For those getting err, you MUST literally disconnect power to the RCM and wait a few seconds before reattempting. When you do, it looks like it's dead but it's actually re-reading the FW on the USB key. I know this because my USB key was blinking on the reattempt but the RCM still looked dead.

LuckyXII

Drive it like you stole it!
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Randy, are you able give more information regarding why so many of us are experiencing this issue? Is there a bug in the previous FW version preventing the update or is it something else altogether?

omgboost

Left Lane Hog
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
No dice. Car was off for 2 hours and nothing happened except for the intermittent flashing on the flash drive. I'm going to go redownload firmware and try again.

Wish I hadn't gone to update. Did not have any issues with previous firmware.

LuckyXII

Drive it like you stole it!
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
No dice. Car was off for 2 hours and nothing happened except for the intermittent flashing on the flash drive. I'm going to go redownload firmware and try again.

I had to format my flash drive and re-upload the FW. Once I did this, the system successfully updated on the second attempt.

RaggedEdge

Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Oh, yeah, you have to put the firmware on the USB drive again. The RCM deletes it off as it is updating.

omgboost

Left Lane Hog
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yea, that's what it did. I had drove out so I didn't have my PC on me. After I got home to format the USB and put in the fw files, saw the USB only had 2 files in there. So hopefully it will work properly this time. Otherwise a call to Radenso is in order tomorrow
Post automatically merged:

Thanks all. After putting the files back on the USB, was able to get it updated after waiting a minute or so.

Last edited:

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
It seems this loader was a little buggy compared to the others which have been flawless.

It works, but having to do it twice is a PIA.
I had the same problem. I didn’t wait though. I put another older FW in to get it back on line, then tried it a 2nd time which made it load normally.

I guess I should’ve waited longer the 2nd time before I rolled back.

isakhnov

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Is there a way to tell a firmware version of the RC-M unit? I flashed mine today with the latest but would have been interesting to know if I had to do it in the first place. Worked on the second try, I wonder if power disconnect played any role.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMG A45