ALP RX HEAD and NET RADAR INSTALL

cybertronicify

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello all,
Im trying to get the Net Radar DSP and a couple RX sensors installed on the front of a W220. Here is a similar picture of it. My 220 is not as popular as Ed's but it is exactly the same. Any feedback is appreciated! Just fyi. The car is kinda wide 73 inches wide and 57.2 inches tall.
Thank you all, I have a great background in electrical engineering, so if you have any questions there, just ask!

-Jason
Post automatically merged:

Hmm photo didnt post...

Attachments

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I would say second slat from the bottom of the grill as far left and right as possible. Each ALP head covers about a 24 inch radius in all directions from the head so a dual should be good for all but dragoneye, which in California you won't face. For the net radar you can either put it behind the bumper cover in a flat area or maybe the lower air intake ( cut a hole in any mesh grill if there is one), basically anywhere except behind a mesh or slat grill will work pretty well.

cybertronicify

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
thebravo, thanks for take quick response. For the RX modules can they be twisted slightly? See the green rectangles Because the grill actually tapers up at each side.
I will mount the net radar in a hole ill cut in the bottom mesh place. The s class lowers itself after 70mph, would being so low affect its performance? And for the net radar should i be mounting it so that it protrudes and clears the bumper completely? Or can i make it stealth and tuck it in more? See the blue rectangle.

Thanks again!

Attachments

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arpeggioshredder