Quick Question from NJ on my Whisler CR70

MCDetailFrank

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. So, I bought the Whisler CR70 from Amazon because I'm on a budget and it seems to work very good. But I'm from South Jersey in the area of Medford,Evesham, (Burlington County for the most part) and my issue is passing the stores and stuff my K band detection is non stop no matter what mode it's in Highway, City 1 or City 2 it's totally non stop and it's kind of annoying. My old Cobra detector I had for years wasn't this bad. So anyway according to stuff I read most of NJ just uses the KA Band radar but there is some older K band radars too. So, I was wondering any suggestions you all might have??? My plan was to turn off the K Band Detection & Keep the KA band on. Do you all think that's a good idea? I'm not on many highways often. I'm mainly in small towns. Any advise Or Help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS VERY MUCH & HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND-- Frank Mc

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
The model of Whistler, is not good for city life. It works, but it is plagued with many issues, one the Automatic doors, and two BSMs (Blind Spot Monitors) for vehicles to notify of another vehicle. The only way around this is getting another detector like a Uniden DFR7 or 9. What they provide is GPS and better filtering of the BSMs, and on the DFR9 has Quiet Ride and Band Attenuation in Advanced mode to help with a screaming detector to non-LEO radar.

So, my best suggestion, if you can, is to return the Whister and get a Uniden or maybe another unit Radenso XP. You get what you pay for is the issue you are seeing. Whistler has a lot of work it needs to do to correct the problem you have with that unit and the series it has on the market.

Disabling K band I would not, as it can and will bit you when not expecting.

Last edited:

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
My plan was to turn off the K Band Detection & Keep the KA band on. Do you all think that's a good idea? I'm not on many highways often. I'm mainly in small towns.

Absolutely no.... off the highways K band is used a lot sorry to say. On the highways it's Ka and X, yes X but off the highways the locals use K in addition to Ka. You will have to save up and get a better detector to quiet down the ride.

The Radenso Pro M is great at this or you can buy the used V1 in the classifieds section for $350 and pair it with JBV1.

Choose Life

35.5 hater R3 Day One User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Uniden R3
Whistler is not on the same path as Uniden or Radenso

Bingly

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I know everyone is going to stay keep k on but I have turned my off for the last 5 years. I live in Florida. Just do what works best for you especially if you’re using waze and looking ahead for rabbits

Last edited:

NOTKTS

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Try the City mode on the Whistler. It will beep 2x initially, then go silent. It will then beep 2 more times if the signal gets real strong. Sensitivity doesn't get lowered but if its loud in your car and you have it set at a low volume you may miss the initial alert...if its a real alert you may be nabbed.

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I know everyone is going to stay keep k on but I have turned my off for the last 5 years. I live in Florida. Just do what works best for you especially if you’re using waze and looking ahead for rabbits

NJ and Florida and vastly different states with speed enforcement. You having K off does not help him since K is used all over the state of NJ. Sorry not trying to be a dick

Bingly

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
NJ and Florida and vastly different states with speed enforcement. You having K off does not help him since K is used all over the state of NJ. Sorry not trying to be a dick

No offense taken. Didn’t know that NJ. Cheers

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

MCDetailFrank

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Absolutely no.... off the highways K band is used a lot sorry to say. On the highways it's Ka and X, yes X but off the highways the locals use K in addition to Ka. You will have to save up and get a better detector to quiet down the ride.

The Radenso Pro M is great at this or you can buy the used V1 in the classifieds section for $350 and pair it with JBV1.
Ok thank you buddy

swatant

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Agree with the rest, don't turn off K. Had 3 legit K hits in last year in NJ. I am up north but would suspect more down south since they also are known to use X there. I concur with the previous posts, if you can return the whistler do so. If not then wait a few months when the Radenso Theia comes out. You will see a ton of used descent RD's hitting the market including my Uniden R3 and R7's. If you can afford a little more the R3's have been as low as $199 on sale.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Floorshaker