DFR7 be V1

OhNotTheNewGuy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I was looking at buying another radar, I’m stuck between the DFR7 and the V1, I like the DFR7 for all the GPS features but talking to a couple mates they’ve all recommended the V1
So question is
whats got better performance, more range and all round better to use

cheers fellas

Zoya11

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
dont bother Radenso are about to blow the market......just wait!!

OhNotTheNewGuy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Yeah I’m eventually going to buy another Radar once the cash flow grows but I need something to get through the Christmas break haha

Gatortotz

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Just get a DFR7 - V1s are not being sold right now so you will have trouble sourcing a new one... And the price gap between the two is huge.
Unless you're talking about an R7 in which case buy that if you can't wait for the new radenso

ARkaband

War Eagle
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Buy a DFR7 for cheap, it will serve you well. Then upgrade to Theia when it is released.

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
DFR7 will be the cheapest bet right now.
A V1 with a Bluetooth dongle and jbv1 app will also be primo, but will cost you probably double.
I just saw a DFR7- NZ for under $400 on trademe compared to V1s between 600-1500

Last edited:

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It depends what you want. If it's good performance, if not as much range as the R series Unidens, V1 has it. I've still had 2 - 3 km alerts, who needs more in NZ?
But combined with JBV1 it will give you CSA's as part of the system, and do it better than the parent source. It will run Mitheru's database of Speed and Redlight cams. It has muting options for any need. Band segmention is by user set boxes, not preset segments. The auto lockouts are the most effective because it uses the more sophisticated GPS and processor of the phone.
And don't listen to those who say it needs to be paired everytime, blah blah, mine works like any other detector. I get in, start the car, the V1/JBV1 does it's thing with needing to be touched.
(I run a dedicated phone for it).
Plus the V1 is as reliable as a tax demand.
The downside is that you can't have one right now, unless you buy used.

Zoya11

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just get a DFR7 - V1s are not being sold right now so you will have trouble sourcing a new one... And the price gap between the two is huge.
Unless you're talking about an R7 in which case buy that if you can't wait for the new radenso
don't buy anything till radenso bring out their epic product

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
don't buy anything till radenso bring out their epic product

Which can even be literally a year from now. Some protection is better than none until that tiem

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
And we don't know the price of wondertector. It might be two or three DFR7's.

GTO_04

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Buy a DFR7 for cheap, it will serve you well. Then upgrade to Theia when it is released.

Good advice. It may be awhile before Theia hits the market. Good engineering takes time! I would not want to drive unprotected. If the DFR7 saves you two speeding tickets, it will already have payed for itself! I prefer an R1 or R3 over a DFR7, but the DFR7 will still serve you well.

GTO_04

ARkaband

War Eagle
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Good advice. It may be awhile before Theia hits the market. Good engineering takes time! I would not want to drive unprotected. If the DFR7 saves you two speeding tickets, it will already have payed for itself! I prefer an R1 or R3 over a DFR7, but the DFR7 will still serve you well.

GTO_04
Hell, my DFR7 was $140. That’s less than the price of one ticket!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImpetuousRacer