BUSTED: 89 in a 60

AJinNJ

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I didn't have any issue canceling. I also tried AIO, which I think was bought by Cricket. They might be a tad more reputable. In any case, there's a number of low-cost options you can try.

leesrt

Mature Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Simple rule. If you have no traffic in front of you, be it night or day, lock it in at 10 over and no one will bother you. I was former LE and myself and all my fellow LE wouldn't bother with you unless you were over by more then 10mph. If you exceed that by yourself its a foolish move that getting caught once will make up for all the times you got away with it.

Juggar

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Could have cashed in your prayer of judgement in NC.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
No way would I recommend that for a paltry 9 over. A terrible waste of a PJC and you have a 3 year period where you can get NO moving violations whatsoever or the ticket will come back and be counted as a conviction and then you also have the new ticket to deal with.

I did this in 2014 for a 74 in a 55 and it was a major wet blanket when driving since it was like having a gun to my head for 3 years. Make one mistake and you're done.

for 9 over he needed to either have went to court and got it dropped on his own or get a lawyer (recommended).

Overall, I would not recommend a PJC unless it was your last option to avoid a hefty ticket.

oddpedestrian

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
No way would I recommend that for a paltry 9 over. A terrible waste of a PJC and you have a 3 year period where you can get NO moving violations whatsoever or the ticket will come back and be counted as a conviction and then you also have the new ticket to deal with.

I did this in 2014 for a 74 in a 55 and it was a major wet blanket when driving since it was like having a gun to my head for 3 years. Make one mistake and you're done.

for 9 over he needed to either have went to court and got it dropped on his own or get a lawyer (recommended).

Overall, I would not recommend a PJC unless it was your last option to avoid a hefty ticket.
You are wrong on what a PJC really is:

"Many in North Carolina are under the misguided theory that once one uses a PJC, if they get another ticket within three years, then that ticket they received the PJC on will “come back”.

To explain what does happen, one must understand that tickets carry both insurance points and license points – the two are separate points and a PJC prevents either. The theory that a PJC’d ticket will come back up if another ticket is received stems from the insurance side of things. One is entitled to the use of a PJC once every three years for insurance purposes and twice every 5 years for DMV purposes. However, there are applicable exceptions and limits. For insurance purposes, an insurance company will honor one PJC every three years per insurance policy, not per driver.

This means if you, your spouse, and your child share the same insurance policy, only one of you can use a PJC during that three year period. If more than one of you uses a PJC within that three years, neither PJC will be honored by the insurance company and insurance points will be assessed for both offenses. This does not mean that another driver on the same policy that used a PJC can’t receive another ticket. It just means that if another driver on that policy receives a ticket, he may not want to use a second PJC."

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Ctrummel

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Jammers and always use waze! I run it on the way to gas station 2 blocks from my house, and it has saved me in those two blocks.
With Waze do you need to put an address in to get cop alerts or can you just drive and it tell you even with no navigation aid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
With Waze do you need to put an address in to get cop alerts or can you just drive and it tell you even with no navigation aid?

If you have the map open without a destination selected you will be able to see the cop pins in your area as long as you have your settings configured to display all police within a certain geographic radius. However you may not get audible alerts to police so you have to keep your eyes on the map.

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

No address/navigation needed to get alerts. You can have it navigate or just have it open and you will be alerted to police/ traffic/hazards and can report things.

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
No address/navigation needed to get alerts. You can have it navigate or just have it open and you will be alerted to police/ traffic/hazards and can report things.
It's true that it will give police alerts but only on the road you're currently on. If you merge off the highway and there's a cop waiting there on the exit ramp to nab you, Waze will not audibly inform you because it doesn't know you're getting off.

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
It's true that it will give police alerts but only on the road you're currently on. If you merge off the highway and there's a cop waiting there on the exit ramp to nab you, Waze will not audibly inform you because it doesn't know you're getting off.
Very true, the pin will be visible but there will be no audible alert.

STS-134

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just paid it, not gonna lawyer up, it's just 9 over (on paper).
can't afford laser jammers right, but definitely gonna consider it in the future.
:ughh:
https://www.rdforum.org/index.php?threads/48763/page-2#post-654401

I just didn't want to deal with lawyer and court etc. I'm not sure how it works, is it staying on record for a while (ever?).
:bang:
Why not? You know what the penalty is for going to court and not understanding how it works, and getting found guilty?!? EXACTLY the same thing as for what you did (paying up and pleading guilty). Except you probably would learn something about how traffic court works, so if you ever land in court again, you'll come with experience. So you basically took the worst case scenario right off the bat, without even a chance of getting out of it. Why did you do that? And, you know if the officer doesn't show up, the case usually gets dismissed right off the bat, right? If that happens, you basically only have to show up in court and have a pulse to get the case dismissed. I've gotten 7 tickets in my life, fought every single one of them, and I've only lost 1 case (which happens to be what directly led to me getting jammers). All of the other ones, I won. And I didn't have a lawyer at any of them, nor am I trained as one.

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Having lived in Denver, CO for 41 years, fighting my own court battles successfully there, etc. and then moving to this part of the country I was surprised at how different court hearings are run here. There's a different vibe here from the judges and honestly, they aren't as progressive as judges in Colorado. Also, the officers here always show up or the court will reschedule for a date that they can.

Sebbb has already chosen a path that he's happy with and he's gotten a better deal instantly than he might have gotten from the DA. There's no need to continue to "armchair quarterback" his decision. His decision doesn't affect anyone else, can we drop it?

eric15178

If you ain't 1st you're last-Ricky Bobby
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Simple rule. If you have no traffic in front of you, be it night or day, lock it in at 10 over and no one will bother you. I was former LE and myself and all my fellow LE wouldn't bother with you unless you were over by more then 10mph. If you exceed that by yourself its a foolish move that getting caught once will make up for all the times you got away with it.
Where at? If I cruised past them at 10 over I'd be nailed so fast it wouldn't even be funny. Sure, some might let you slide or on a busy highway with fast traffic, but up here you wouldn't last long, especially of at the time 10 makes you the fastest on the road

leesrt

Mature Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
:ughh:
https://www.rdforum.org/index.php?threads/48763/page-2#post-654401

:bang:
Why not? You know what the penalty is for going to court and not understanding how it works, and getting found guilty?!? EXACTLY the same thing as for what you did (paying up and pleading guilty). Except you probably would learn something about how traffic court works, so if you ever land in court again, you'll come with experience. So you basically took the worst case scenario right off the bat, without even a chance of getting out of it. Why did you do that? And, you know if the officer doesn't show up, the case usually gets dismissed right off the bat, right? If that happens, you basically only have to show up in court and have a pulse to get the case dismissed. I've gotten 7 tickets in my life, fought every single one of them, and I've only lost 1 case (which happens to be what directly led to me getting jammers). All of the other ones, I won. And I didn't have a lawyer at any of them, nor am I trained as one.
I have to agree here. I go to court on all my tickets and so far I'm 5/5 in my favor. The big thing is if there is one mistake on your ticket you can exploit that. How can an officer who can't properly fill out a simple form be able to properly asses my speed which requires both the radar and visual verification?
I even once used the fact that the officer failed to identify that I had a CDL license. I got hit for 64 in a 55 in my personal vehicle. The problem is when you have a CDL in FL you can't do anything to remove your points. They are there forever and it reduces your safety rating as a Commercial Truck driver. As a result companies may not hire you.
I spoke with the county solicitor prior to court and asked him "if he agrees that officers use discretion when writing a ticket?" He stated yes so I explained that "I wasn't afforded that discretion because the officer did not recognize the CDL written in big words on my license. By him not recognizing that the same ticket effects me much harder than the average person he was unable to show discretion and possibly give me a warning". "It also shows administratively that the officer failed to identify a very obvious detail." I also told him that I don't want to embarrass the officer in court so I would rather take care of this now to avoid that because I have full respect for what they do".

(I never use the fact that I was prior LE as a way out however, I will use my knowledge of the courts. Showing that you understand the LE's job and fully respect his position goes a long way with a county attorney or solicitor)

Anyhow, he dropped the ticket to half of the fine ($75) and pulled it from going forward to the state where I would have received points. He appreciated my talking to him prior to court.

I shared that because when you get a ticket the cop has to be perfect, not you. Everything on that ticket has to be correct. The addresses, the license number and classification, the location, method used to acquire your speed, everything. Any mistake is grounds to let the ticket go.
For an officer, it's not good to appear in court and have a ticket thrown out for stupid things like that. The Judge remembers and your credibility with him goes way down if you repeatedly write bad tickets. Its a waste of the courts time.

I wrote a ticket to someone for making an illegal left turn out of a side street while cutting across 6 lanes of traffic to do so. I witnessed it from the next side street over from his. Everything was correct but I wrote my street on the ticket as apposed to the one the other car was on. His attorney caught that in court and the ticket was immediately thrown out. I felt so stupid as my fellow officers were all sitting there in court.

Sorry I rambled, but always go to court on a ticket...if you geographically can.

Last edited:

Th3 Factory Freak

Ka..|||||||||||||| eater
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jamma Time! (MC Hammer)

TeamQuack

s\/\/er\/e
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
i got nailed with laser while i ran my v1 years ago and that was the last straw for me. I then made it my priority to invest in a system.

my scenario was similar. someone was left hand lane hogging and i sped around them right into the crosshairs of an leo shooting lidar. I wouldn’t have gone so fast if the idiot wasn’t blocking me but the leo could care less.

Bulletbling

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
In NC PSL+15 is reckless if the speed limit is 55 or more. So

I'd add that even with jammers speeding at night is risky ESPECIALLY with no cars on the highway ahead ESPECIALLY if you're going to do 90 in a 60 ESPECIALLY if you're in NC where I/O is so prevalent.
Well, when you have a CTS-V (or a bike) at night, you don't stop. Haha.
Post automatically merged:

Where I live, you must not pay the fine if you're taking it to court. Lawyer cannot assist fighting a paid fine. Payment is an admission to the offence. It's agreeing you're guilty of the ticket if you make payment. (Note - I am not in USA and not a lawyer, so I cannot advise for your scenario)
Uh, use the horsepower available to you in that engine of your vehicle...unless you drive something with <400HP. Then...good luck!

eric15178

If you ain't 1st you're last-Ricky Bobby
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Love my car but put a lot of miles on it for work. Need to figure out if I'm goona keep it for a long time or what and get some alps cuz this morning i pretty much tied this thread. He said 88 in a 65, pretty pissed. Roads werent slippery, i brake checked randomly but didnt want to put the cruise on cuz there was some very light snow just incase you'd catch a slick spot. Was keeping it about 75 80. Was an interchange and was watching other cars. Didnt see him and got a lazer alert on the max 2. Idk if i could have seen him and beat him to the punch but was watching other cars. Everyone was cruising, guy in front of me thought it was him getting pulled over and started to move to the shoulder bit it was me. He said he shot me twice and had 88 and either 91 to 93? Can't remember. Idk why he got 2 different readings. Never fought a speeding ticket. I mean i was cruising trying to get to work but wasn't doing 90. Guess i might have sped up with the other cars coming, but yeah sucks ass. Would have been nice if he could have wrote it for 84 or 85 whatever to stay under the 20 over mark. Guess at least he didn't give it for 90 whatever he said he had for a plus 25. If he would have put it at 19 or 20 over, I'd just pay it, deal with it, like you got me. But i really dont think i was doing 90. Wasn't staring at the gauge. But yeah, sucks ass. Been a few years since I've gotten a speeding ticket. Got 2 warnings but no tickets and exhaust on a old car, seat belt whatever. But been a min since a actual speeding ticket

GetaRealJob

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Got lucky man, that was cruising pretty good in the dark

But wow, that south west area sounds totally bogus. I thought reckless driving was at least 20 to 30 over. How can they give you a reckless driving ticket for 10 over? And suspend a license for 6? Most of the time you'd be getting run over at 6 or sometimes 10 if you're in a city. What are they going to do pull over every car on the road? Sounds like a joke
Suspend my license for 6 they might as well start writing a disorderly right away too dang. I'm always respectful seriously, but dang that's ridiculous
I agree completely, but "for the public safety," cops can pull over whoever they want for whatever they want. I've seen people get pulled over while other cars were going 5-10mph+ faster right next to them. Cops will pull over a 'suspicious' car, a 'sports' car, someone with bumper stickers they don't like, out of state plates, whatever. There is no rhyme or reason to why they would knock down the OP's ticket by 20 mph (Damn, that's luck!!)

Me, I've gotten several tickets in my life, but like 7-8 years between them (I'm getting older) and every freaking time, I get huge anxiety and get very nervous. How can you NOT get nervous when a cop is on your ass with blue lights flashing? I KNOW every cop who has pulled me over has interpreted my being extremely nervous as a bad attitude, and I KNOW they immediately decide to NOT give me a break right there before going back to check my record. I have a 'clean' record so far as the last ticket I got just a month ago was my first ticket in 8 years, and that old ticket was for 7mph over (and that was NOT a knocked down speed: 7mph over in a 70PSL interstate highway---douchebag HP.)

I have a family member who has gotten out of 4 tickets in the last 15 years by sucking up and giving the cop a sob-story. One time, this family member was doing 89 in a 55 WORK ZONE, and the cop let him off with NO TICKET and NO WARNING. How? The family member gave a sob story about how he has been working overtime lately and just got off work and wanted to get home to see his kids.

Were that me driving, I'd have been so nervous, heart pounding, I would look 'guilty' to the cop and he probably would have taken my license. :rolleyes:

oversteer325

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I
I agree completely, but "for the public safety," cops can pull over whoever they want for whatever they want. I've seen people get pulled over while other cars were going 5-10mph+ faster right next to them. Cops will pull over a 'suspicious' car, a 'sports' car, someone with bumper stickers they don't like, out of state plates, whatever. There is no rhyme or reason to why they would knock down the OP's ticket by 20 mph (Damn, that's luck!!)

Me, I've gotten several tickets in my life, but like 7-8 years between them (I'm getting older) and every freaking time, I get huge anxiety and get very nervous. How can you NOT get nervous when a cop is on your ass with blue lights flashing? I KNOW every cop who has pulled me over has interpreted my being extremely nervous as a bad attitude, and I KNOW they immediately decide to NOT give me a break right there before going back to check my record. I have a 'clean' record so far as the last ticket I got just a month ago was my first ticket in 8 years, and that old ticket was for 7mph over (and that was NOT a knocked down speed: 7mph over in a 70PSL interstate highway---douchebag HP.)

I have a family member who has gotten out of 4 tickets in the last 15 years by sucking up and giving the cop a sob-story. One time, this family member was doing 89 in a 55 WORK ZONE, and the cop let him off with NO TICKET and NO WARNING. How? The family member gave a sob story about how he has been working overtime lately and just got off work and wanted to get home to see his kids.

Were that me driving, I'd have been so nervous, heart pounding, I would look 'guilty' to the cop and he probably would have taken my license. :rolleyes:
I want to see that scientific study, “Do introverts get more tickets than extroverts” because they are nervous (suspicious) and not comfortable talking their way out of it.

shifter

PSL +20
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
One time, this family member was doing 89 in a 55 WORK ZONE, and the cop let him off with NO TICKET and NO WARNING. How?
I passed a LEO doing 100 in a 55 work zone and he let me off with a warning. Unfortunately that video was lost during various forum changes.

Rather than bitch about other people's good luck, I might recommend focusing on improving your stress management and communication skills so that you can increase your level of success.

edit: turns out it actually is still around at https://www.rdforum.org/index.php?threads/59070/

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spywiz