Cop Parked in the Road for a Coffee Break

RoverTtx

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I don't know why this surprises me. Female campus police officer has been parked in the middle of a turn lane for at least 20 minutes. I took photos, recorded her and I don't think she even looked at me once because her face was down looking at her laptop.

Apparently 'protect and serve' includes endangering people trying to drive here.
IMG_20191126_100321807.jpg

View attachment 135543

Last edited:

leesrt

Mature Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I don't know why this surprises me. Female campus police officer has been parked in the middle of a turn lane for at least 20 minutes. I took photos, recorded her and I don't think she even looked at me once because her face was down looking at her laptop.

Apparently 'protect and serve' includes endangering people trying to drive here.
View attachment 135542
View attachment 135543
Perhaps you should get educated and realize LE have to do their paperwork from their last call in their car. Juvenile post

HeartDoctor

PSL + 5 never more;)
Advanced User
Reaction score
Perhaps you should get educated and realize LE have to do their paperwork from their last call in their car. Juvenile post
The subject of the last call has paperwork to do in the bathroom.

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Could they not do the paperwork in their car while not parked in a travel lane though? agreed they are at the very start of the lane and I can't from the picture tell if it's a long turn lane, but if they are blocking part of a short lane that isn't the best place to stop for paperwork.

leesrt

Mature Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Could they not do the paperwork in their car while not parked in a travel lane though? agreed they are at the very start of the lane and I can't from the picture tell if it's a long turn lane, but if they are blocking part of a short lane that isn't the best place to stop for paperwork.
I can't explain why she's in that lane however I have to think there's another reason besides her just stopping in the middle of traffic. That doesn't make sense no matter who you are.

RoverTtx

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yes they have to do paperwork on stops in their car, that doesn't mean she had a stop to begin with, that doesnt prove they need to be parked in the middle of the road to do it.
What statute prevents police from doing paperwork on the shoulder instead of the road?
"Juvenile post"... Ok

What they are doing is far more juvenile than me sharing it.

I didn't see anybody get pulled over there, so I don't even think she had a customer to begin with. Even if she did, I was around for >15 minutes. Traffic stop paperwork doesn't tend to take that long.

Whatever her motive, be it running radar, watching for people running stop signs, watching traffic at the crosswalk, or doing paperwork
.. Does not justify how she did this. There is no case where she couldn't have just moved to a safer location. This is an officer thinking about herself only. Plain and simple

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

leesrt

Mature Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yes they have to do paperwork on stops in their car, that doesn't mean she had a stop to begin with, that doesnt prove they need to be parked in the middle of the road to do it.
What statute prevents police from doing paperwork on the shoulder instead of the road?
"Juvenile post"... Ok

What they are doing is far more juvenile than me sharing it.

I didn't see anybody get pulled over there, so I don't even think she had a customer to begin with. Even if she did, I was around for >15 minutes. Traffic stop paperwork doesn't tend to take that long.

Whatever her motive, be it running radar, watching for people running stop signs, watching traffic at the crosswalk, or doing paperwork
.. Does not justify how she did this. There is no case where she couldn't have just moved to a safer location. This is an officer thinking about herself only. Plain and simple

Truth is you have no idea why she was there but because of your bias you choose to make up reasons. There's no logical reason for her to be in an open area on a roadway so why would she do that knowing everyone can see? There's obviously a reason why she's there but I guess she didn't clear it through you first. I would contact her agency and let them know future stops like this must go through you first.

Deacon

TXCTG
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
There's obviously a reason why she's there but I guess she didn't clear it through you first.
Geez, man, calm down. It doesn’t really matter. No one, including campus police, should be sitting in the road stopped outside an emergency situation, which this clearly wasn’t. It’s an unsafe choice, no matter what hypothetical reasons we can imagine for that choice.

NorEaster18

Probably stuck in traffic...
Advanced User
Reaction score
Can you imagine if someone accidentally rear ended her? Life sentence for sure

ARkaband

Safe Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Had a Maumelle unit I/O me from an active merge lane in the complete darkness a few weeks ago. Looks like a similar situation to yours

RoverTtx

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
This is getting silly

I explained my point, and shared the encounter. That's all I care to do for now

RoverTtx

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Had a Maumelle unit I/O me from an active merge lane in the complete darkness a few weeks ago. Looks like a similar situation to yours

That's some killer I/o! And a dangerous place to park for them as well as the people merging!

drew

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
At least she was in her unit. I've seen the department just to the north of me park a unit in the median, no one in it.

eric15178

If you ain't 1st you're last-Ricky Bobby
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Bet if a regular person was to stop and camp out in the road for 20 minutes you'd be pulled outta the car doing a breathalyzer thinking you're wasted in no time

9C1Driver

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Truth is you have no idea why she was there but because of your bias you choose to make up reasons. There's no logical reason for her to be in an open area on a roadway so why would she do that knowing everyone can see? There's obviously a reason why she's there but I guess she didn't clear it through you first. I would contact her agency and let them know future stops like this must go through you first.
Lol well said.

HeartDoctor

PSL + 5 never more;)
Advanced User
Reaction score
Bet if a regular person was to stop and camp out in the road for 20 minutes you'd be pulled outta the car doing a breathalyzer thinking you're wasted in no time
Maybe the LEO needed a breathalyzer?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abadd