TPX testing with a Stalker XLR

gorgid

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Today my TPX jammer was tested by Bocephus and his Stalker lidar gun. My KTM bike has 2 x front sensors and 1 x rear.
In the begging of our testing my jammer for set as default for 3 sec mode (jamming for few second and than turning off). This mode is not optional for testing ( may be even for riding) since once he made a shot the TPX was going to sleep with in 2 seconds and all his next shoots was going through. So i had to switch TPX to always ON.

After this change TPX was jamming Stalker all the time, including over pass shot and shot to the rear.
There is two options for TPX - 3 sec or always on. I would recommend to add other options to the product 4 sec, 5 sec etc. Thanks to Bocephus again to make this test possible.

gorgid

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yes, it must be LR.

Bocephus

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah an LR but the TPX system handled it well once set to test mode. This is why testing is necessary so that you can get familiar with your setup.

Olajoe808

RDforum member
General User
Reaction score
Today my TPX jammer was tested by Bocephus and his Stalker lidar gun. My KTM bike has 2 x front sensors and 1 x rear.
In the begging of our testing my jammer for set as default for 3 sec mode (jamming for few second and than turning off). This mode is not optional for testing ( may be even for riding) since once he made a shot the TPX was going to sleep with in 2 seconds and all his next shoots was going through. So i had to switch TPX to always ON.

After this change TPX was jamming Stalker all the time, including over pass shot and shot to the rear.
There is two options for TPX - 3 sec or always on. I would recommend to add other options to the product 4 sec, 5 sec etc. Thanks to Bocephus again to make this test possible.

There is a software upate on adaptiv's website in case you were interested but unaware. I don't know but maybe it could address some of these concerns.

gorgid

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Can you send a link to this update? I can not find it on their web site.

Olajoe808

RDforum member
General User
Reaction score
Here is the link.. I'm not sure how you download the updates, maybe have to reach out to them?

gorgid

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Here is the link.. I'm not sure how you download the updates, maybe have to reach out to them?

Thanks ! I was there before and it was no link to download. I sent them email few days ago about update file, but have't got any reply. I'd like to note that those guys are very hard to get in touch with. I called few times during business hours and nobody picked up the phone. I got email reply for some other question days after it was sent.

Bleomycin

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

I'm picking up my new 1290 super duke gt tomorrow and would also like to install some type of laser/radar protection. Are you still happy with the TPX as you installed them? Is there anything you would change about your setup if you were starting over? I would greatly appreciate any helpful pics or tips from your install to help with mine. Information like this is extremely hard to come by as i'm sure you know!

Was mounting and aligning the jammers difficult? Have you found any audio alert options for the TPX that would work over bluetooth to my airpod pro's connected to my iphone or is the visual led alert enough? I was hoping to save a few bucks by going with the TPX over ALP and moving my old max360 from the car onto the bike then upgrading to something newer in the car. The ALP/NetRadar seems like the most integrated option but the length of the wires, the size of the cpu and the ludicrous cost are all pretty huge turn offs for motorcycle use. Thank you for any help!

gorgid

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I'm picking up my new 1290 super duke gt tomorrow and would also like to install some type of laser/radar protection. Are you still happy with the TPX as you installed them? Is there anything you would change about your setup if you were starting over? I would greatly appreciate any helpful pics or tips from your install to help with mine. Information like this is extremely hard to come by as i'm sure you know!

Was mounting and aligning the jammers difficult? Have you found any audio alert options for the TPX that would work over bluetooth to my airpod pro's connected to my iphone or is the visual led alert enough? I was hoping to save a few bucks by going with the TPX over ALP and moving my old max360 from the car onto the bike then upgrading to something newer in the car. The ALP/NetRadar seems like the most integrated option but the length of the wires, the size of the cpu and the ludicrous cost are all pretty huge turn offs for motorcycle use. Thank you for any help!
I'm still happy and it's working great. I'm using it now on BMW S1000r with same success. It's jamming all my guns just fine. I did not test it against the latest Dragon Eye. Position of the sensors is important. It has to be leveled. Once done find somebody local and test it. Don't forget to switch to test mode before testing. As far as audio alert TPX sells little speaker that you can attach to the helmet. I have that and it's pretty loud.

Last edited:

venom690

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

I did recommend this change to TPX and they responded with "we have found that our users find 3 seconds enough) I am glad they do but as a motorcycle user i do not. we canm't slam on the brakes like cars do or we get rear ended.,

Additionally it would be nice to be able to cancel the transmission with one of the buttons once the jamming starts to be able to manually cancel it at our convince.

Right now the best you can do is install a cut off switch and wire it to your handlebars and hide the remote since it really doesn't do anything useful once you set it up.
Post automatically merged:

I have had it for over a year and this is my take:

updates are slow to come by. it seems TPX is struggling to stay afloat at the moment which is a shame because the jamming is fantastic.

I have gone through 3 replacement heads that have gone bad. Adaptiv has been great in replacing them but honestly i rather them not go bad it is a pain to take the bike apart every time.

I tested them with some of the RDF people and they jammed all guns including dragon eye ( at the front) on the last test it failed the Stalker XLR test but supposedly they pushed an update that fixed the problem . also one of the heads went bad a few days after the test so that may had been the problem.

make sure you test your heads before every ride or at least once a month. you can buy the blinder remote (80 dollars ebay) or set them to parking mode and put your hand over each to make sure they are working. a few days ago i went to test and one did not work, after investigating i found one of the cables had come lose inside the CPU , there is nothing to warn you that they are working or even if one of them lost connection.

In one of the cases a bad head shut down the whole system, the system was on but non of the heads worked , after unpluggin one by one i found the bad one and then the other two started working again. Adaptiv replaced the bad one shortly after.

at the moment i have mixed feelings about the TPX, it jams great but the head reliability is awful and these things are not cheap ( over 200 each) so you can only hope TPX continues to replace them.

Last edited:

gorgid

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I'm still on first set year and half later. Same set i moved from KTM to BMW. Still working. Also i'd like to add that bike most of the time in garage away from elements and i'm riding it couple hours a week.

Z06fan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I did recommend this change to TPX and they responded with "we have found that our users find 3 seconds enough) I am glad they do but as a motorcycle user i do not. we canm't slam on the brakes like cars do or we get rear ended.,

Additionally it would be nice to be able to cancel the transmission with one of the buttons once the jamming starts to be able to manually cancel it at our convince.

Right now the best you can do is install a cut off switch and wire it to your handlebars and hide the remote since it really doesn't do anything useful once you set it up.
Post automatically merged:

I have had it for over a year and this is my take:

updates are slow to come by. it seems TPX is struggling to stay afloat at the moment which is a shame because the jamming is fantastic.

I have gone through 3 replacement heads that have gone bad. Adaptiv has been great in replacing them but honestly i rather them not go bad it is a pain to take the bike apart every time.

I tested them with some of the RDF people and they jammed all guns including dragon eye ( at the front) on the last test it failed the Stalker XLR test but supposedly they pushed an update that fixed the problem . also one of the heads went bad a few days after the test so that may had been the problem.

make sure you test your heads before every ride or at least once a month. you can buy the blinder remote (80 dollars ebay) or set them to parking mode and put your hand over each to make sure they are working. a few days ago i went to test and one did not work, after investigating i found one of the cables had come lose inside the CPU , there is nothing to warn you that they are working or even if one of them lost connection.

In one of the cases a bad head shut down the whole system, the system was on but non of the heads worked , after unpluggin one by one i found the bad one and then the other two started working again. Adaptiv replaced the bad one shortly after.

at the moment i have mixed feelings about the TPX, it jams great but the head reliability is awful and these things are not cheap ( over 200 each) so you can only hope TPX continues to replace them.
I'd hate to see them go out of business as it would be nice to have another company doing lidar protection. You could reach out to Vortex to see if he knows anything. I don't know how many bikers use jammers but if he mentioned them in a video, that alone would drive some traffic their way if they make a good product and are worth saving.
Vor

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Bummer to hear about the reliability issues. Hopefully they're not widespread! I know there's only so many people using these so far. I've personally only used mine for a little bit of testing and they've been sitting in my closet otherwise since I only drive cars.

venom690

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Bummer to hear about the reliability issues. Hopefully they're not widespread! I know there's only so many people using these so far. I've personally only used mine for a little bit of testing and they've been sitting in my closet otherwise since I only drive cars.
almost everyone that has had TPX has had the leaky head. i commented to to them on an email and their response was ( it is a new batch of heads so it is expected to have issues that we are fixing ) but 3 heads is a lot i think.

Honestly every time i ride my bike i half expect one of the heads to go bad.usually they start leaking that black stuff or they stop working without warning.

My bike was in the shop for 7 months so i have not ridden it but last i checked they are working ok.except that the cable came off and if you don't check you would never know.

Before the pandemic they were trying to bring their jammers to cars which would be fantastic but i have not heard anything for a year so that is bad news .

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonyz3