Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you know If the head has an Rx yet?

Matthewstorm

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So, you can only plug 1 in front and 1 in rear? But we need the new CPU, right?

Jag42

USA TMG a-15 Dealer - PM me
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Clarification needed...................... @Jag42 , you are saying a new CPU is needed to run the TX heads????? So I have been "hanging on" all this time with my TMG to hear that I need a new CPU????
Please say I'm wrong.
Yes, the VPR heads will need the new updated CPU. We are working on a trade in program of some sort. A VPR purchase will include a VPR head,cable + updated CPU.

Bloovy One

135,000+ miles with JBV1!
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
So, you can only plug 1 in front and 1 in rear? But we need the new CPU, right?
That's only 1 in front. There's only 1 VPR port and it's in place of the RDT port that's on the old CPU.
[Edit] This ^ is wrong. Sorry.

Last edited:

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Clarification needed...................... @Jag42 , you are saying a new CPU is needed to run the TX heads????? So I have been "hanging on" all this time with my TMG to hear that I need a new CPU????
Please say I'm wrong.
Look at the bright side, in all previous months since 2019 has started and when I was asking about will CPU1 support VPR and getting reports/warnings (now it seems I was right), TMG CPU version 1 (you have) was offered more often than not with discounts. So basically you saved money. Now, was that offered to show appreciation to first batch of customers or to get rid of beta-CPU1 stock because at some point in time CPU v2 will need to come out I dont know and I dont care since I dont own TMG.

You should be extremely happy with the discount you got in the past and with the trade in program you ll get in the future :) Because sometimes companies dont offer that.

I am intrigued what TMG VPR head and CPU will bring to the table against DET.
Thats why I am slowly switching my views to positive about TMG because I believe with VPR+CPU2 coming out they have finally matured and exited beta-testing phase.
The only thing I still question is what will be the pricing since from the beginning TMG was always advertised as a cheaper, more affordable option than ALP so majority of drivers who maybe dont have deeper pockets could own it.
cheers.

Bloovy One

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. There's 2 VPR inputs in the new CPU. 1 front and 1 rear?
No. I'm confused.... WOW! It's right there in the picture and everything!
It looks like we lost one of the regular outputs too.

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
There will be Dual and Quad kits with an included VPR head for a great price too.

OK, questions are starting to crop up. Is this correct or am I completely wrong with what is possible.

Far right VPR Input for (Front) TP1 and TP2 capable of using on splitter for 4 RX heads up front?
Far left VPR input for (Rear) TP3 capable of using splitter cable for 2 RX heads?

Is this anywhere close?

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
Ya questions will start, here is mine, for front 3 head setup, would one vpr work in the centre with two G2 heads?

I know this one. Yes. Need new CPU2, one VPR head and two standard heads.
Post automatically merged:

Ya questions will start, here is mine, for front 3 head setup, would one vpr work in the centre with two G2 heads?

I know this one. Yes. Need new CPU2, one VPR head and two standard heads.

Last edited:

Vancity23

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds good...

Jag will you be posting some actual pictures of what the new cpu will look like, rather than a basic rendering above? Same for the vpr head?

Last edited:

The Pope

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Looking to swap in my 5 G1 heads & G1 CPU for 3 G2 Heads, 2 VPR Heads & G2 CPU along with 1 long single cable (unless the VPR's use a different cable than the G1's, if so, I'd need 2 single cables).

You know @Jag42 , I can't let @Kennyc56 have better protection than I!!! :derp: :derp: :derp: :)

So.... hook me up so that @VariableWave and the rest of us can do some Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!! :downswords::downswords::downswords::downswords:

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
No. I'm confused....
I guess it might require a rewire if the new heads have to be driven by one cable only (no splitting).

Bloovy One

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess it might require a rewire if the new heads have to be driven by one cable only (no splitting).
As far as I can tell; the existing G1 or G2 heads can continue to use the splitter cables. ONLY the VPR head requires a single cable.

In my case, I have two G1 heads on the front and two on the rear with splitter cables.
Adding VPR to front and/or rear involves running 1 new cable for the VPR head and installing the head itself.

CPU seems to be the same size as the first CPU. Same number of ports on the back but now two of those ports are VPR ports.

Also, to elaborate on CPU ports;

What I am now expecting to see is the newly labeled TP1 port is associated with the left dip switch next to it. That port is intended to use the splitter cable with standard heads.
Everything is mirrored for port TP2 with it's dip switch on the right.
They've provided an extra TP3 port. Probably front only. Then there are the front and rear VPR ports.

Last edited:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Look at the bright side, in all previous months since 2019 has started and when I was asking about will CPU1 support VPR and getting reports/warnings (now it seems I was right), TMG CPU version 1 (you have) was offered more often than not with discounts. So basically you saved money. Now, was that offered to show appreciation to first batch of customers or to get rid of beta-CPU1 stock because at some point in time CPU v2 will need to come out I dont know and I dont care since I dont own TMG.

You should be extremely happy with the discount you got in the past and with the trade in program you ll get in the future :) Because sometimes companies dont offer that.

I am intrigued what TMG VPR head and CPU will bring to the table against DET.
Thats why I am slowly switching my views to positive about TMG because I believe with VPR+CPU2 coming out they have finally matured and exited beta-testing phase.
The only thing I still question is what will be the pricing since from the beginning TMG was always advertised as a cheaper, more affordable option than ALP so majority of drivers who maybe dont have deeper pockets could own it.
cheers.
@BaileyAB , if you could see my dual G2 TMG set up against all the guns that @VariableWave can throw at it including the DE, I guarantee you'd be surprised and impressed! After all of the stories I heard when TMG first came out, I was a little worried myself but not anymore! When you throw @Jag42 's service into the mix, it's a no brainer!

Last edited:

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Kennyc56 We've had a DE ticket from DragonCam in AB. I think that is where the hesitance comes from. I agree Jared is the best customer service experience I have ever dealt with.

Hopefully the VPR will take an already formidable system and make it bombproof.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilmaya