Loving my rc-m

Weeth

Advanced User
Reaction score
If you're having that much trouble with an installer, why not try something simpler?

I see the appeal of the remote systems (i've had 3), but I ditched my max ci for a v1g2 and you can barely even notice it in the corner of the windshield. It's thin, sleek and shows alerts directly in my line of site that are more apparent than the screens rcm or max ci. The cost of install would be way less too- I got a $20 tint strip that conceals the v1 in the top super close to the a pillar.

The other thing i mentioned is the range is better. I know the OP here. He has a sports car and is picky about the look. But, the new v1g2 is so thin, it's very easy to conceal with a hardwire, tint strip and a little creativity.

propofoln

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
If you're having that much trouble with an installer, why not try something simpler?

I see the appeal of the remote systems (i've had 3), but I ditched my max ci for a v1g2 and you can barely even notice it in the corner of the windshield. It's thin, sleek and shows alerts directly in my line of site that are more apparent than the screens rcm or max ci. The cost of install would be way less too- I got a $20 tint strip that conceals the v1 in the top super close to the a pillar.

The other thing i mentioned is the range is better. I know the OP here. He has a sports car and is picky about the look. But, the new v1g2 is so thin, it's very easy to conceal with a hardwire, tint strip and a little creativity.

i have insulated glass in my Panamera Turbo and can only place the detector by rear view mirror

Weeth

Advanced User
Reaction score
i have insulated glass in my Panamera Turbo and can only place the detector by rear view mirror
Yeah, that would make it tuffer to conceal, but there are options. If you like V1's the G2 is very slim

ISF GUY

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Getting ready to do a RCM +ALP system in my AMG next week, so I feel your pain. However, I fall back to a lesson one of my first bosses taught me many years ago, "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Wishing you the best of luck in your decision.

How do you like the setup thus far?? pro's ? cons? how is the falseing with the RCM?
Post automatically merged:

I have RCM+ALP combo in all three of my cars.
however, I think I'm gonna try to break off the link in one and install ALP controller.
the convenience of everything coming through RCM display is nice, but it gives me very little custom control otherwise...
What custom control do you need to do the RCM display does not do?

madkow70

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
How do you like the setup thus far?? pro's ? cons? how is the falseing with the RCM?

it's more like what controls and setting changes RCM displays allows.
which is almost none. other than JTG duration and on/off, there is no ability to change any ALP settings through RCM display.

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
it's more like what controls and setting changes RCM displays allows.
which is almost none. other than JTG duration and on/off, there is no ability to change any ALP settings through RCM display.

It does more than that actually. Not only can you control JTG duration (seconds or unlimited), you can also immediately disable jamming (even if you have it set to unlimited), you can reset the ALP CPU if you have issues (I’ve never needed to so far), you receive alerts from the RC M that include gun names when jamming and you can change the laser jamming alert sounds. I’ve never needed to change my ALP config or need a ALP control pad.

Bevosrevenge

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Love the RC-M/ALP so far. Very quiet on K band, which is quite impressive given the urban environment I drive in.

Going to have to get it adjusted as the GPS doesn't always lock. In fact, concerned about that this morning since I got a rear poliscan hit this morning exiting the freeway (which would be a weird place to set up). Hoping it was just a Lidar false.

Pros: Clean install that is inconspicuous in case I get pulled over.
Quiet, unless there is a real threat.
Impressive range - note I could care less if it picks up threats 5 miles away or not
Arrows - never had them in a detector and I like this function

Con: Cost relative to a windshield mounted unit. See clean install comment above which mitigates this point for me.

It does more than that actually. Not only can you control JTG duration (seconds or unlimited), you can also immediately disable jamming (even if you have it set to unlimited), you can reset the ALP CPU if you have issues (I’ve never needed to so far), you receive alerts from the RC M that include gun names when jamming and you can change the laser jamming alert sounds. I’ve never needed to change my ALP config or need a ALP control pad.

So, if it displays the gun name, it is 100% jamming?

Sorry for a potentially dumb question.

madkow70

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Love the RC-M/ALP so far. Very quiet on K band, which is quite impressive given the urban environment I drive in.

Going to have to get it adjusted as the GPS doesn't always lock. In fact, concerned about that this morning since I got a rear poliscan hit this morning exiting the freeway (which would be a weird place to set up). Hoping it was just a Lidar false.

Pros: Clean install that is inconspicuous in case I get pulled over.
Quiet, unless there is a real threat.
Impressive range - note I could care less if it picks up threats 5 miles away or not
Arrows - never had them in a detector and I like this function

Con: Cost relative to a windshield mounted unit. See clean install comment above which mitigates this point for me.

So, if it displays the gun name, it is 100% jamming?

Sorry for a potentially dumb question.
I would say, "potentially"
that is if the installation was done correctly.
nothing is 100%. I've heard some "punch-throughs" if the coverage from enough number of jammer heads weren't there or if the installation wasn't done correctly.
the jammer identifying the gun is really just confirmation of receiving the laser.
if the transmitter(s) are installed correctly and functioning accurately, then chances are that we just bought ourselves the window of opportunity to slow down.
I've had so many instances where the LEO switches to radar when my laser jammers go to work.

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just picked up my car with radenso rc-m and alp (2rx 1tx). Loving it so far can't wait to get it tested. Big shout-out to earmark in Plano for doing a great install and my friend Andrew for always helping. Full review to follow
I envy your installation! I would love to have that equipment (I think highly of Radenso) but cannot afford it and even if I could ALP is not legal in Colorado.

Jason at Radenso

Manufacturer
Beginner User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I envy your installation! I would love to have that equipment (I think highly of Radenso) but cannot afford it and even if I could ALP is not legal in Colorado.
Good thing they are parking sensors;) We have some amazing dealers in denver area. Where are you from in Colorado?

Bevosrevenge

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I would say, "potentially"
that is if the installation was done correctly.
nothing is 100%. I've heard some "punch-throughs" if the coverage from enough number of jammer heads weren't there or if the installation wasn't done correctly.
the jammer identifying the gun is really just confirmation of receiving the laser.
if the transmitter(s) are installed correctly and functioning accurately, then chances are that we just bought ourselves the window of opportunity to slow down.
I've had so many instances where the LEO switches to radar when my laser jammers go to work.

Not worried about punch-throughs at this point. Concern is that if GPS is not locked do the ALP heads fire? I know the radar detection portion of the system works without GPS lock.

madkow70

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Not worried about punch-throughs at this point. Concern is that if GPS is not locked do the ALP heads fire? I know the radar detection portion of the system works without GPS lock.
understood. :)
for both Radenso and ALP, the GPS feature is more of "nuisance" avoidance feature, I thought.
The systems are fully functional all the time, but when it has GPS lock and detects lower than threshold speed, then it doesn't bark at you and bother you with constant alerts. and it doesn't turn off the protection or functions.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugrat