ALP Firmware is stating to roll out 5.5.8/8.7

thanks

for all the fish
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Im still on 6.7 on ALPConnect on ios, and when searching, nothing is found in the app store. I'm pm ios 12. Anyone able to download the newest yet?
Post automatically merged:

OK, just checked the website :
Seller Radikal d.o.o.
Size 15.3 MB
Category Navigation
Compatibility
Requires iOS 13.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Well that sucks! my daily phoe is i6plus and can no longer use it with ALP.... wish there was a heads up...

Last edited:

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Im still on 6.7 on ALPConnect on ios, and when searching, nothing is found in the app store. I'm pm ios 12. Anyone able to download the newest yet?

OK, just checked the website :

V7.0 is definately in the app store I just checked. Are you not seeing it in the app store? Were you a Beta Tester at one point? If so you might have to exit Beta Tester Status to see current version.

thanks

for all the fish
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Dont see it on the phone. so I check itunes,
it is there , but it needs ios 13.1 and my i6 plus maxes out on ios 12

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Dont see it on the phone. so I check itunes,
it is there , but it needs ios 13.1 and my i6 plus maxes out on ios 12

I will ask developer what forced the new minimum IOS requirements.

thanks

for all the fish
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
running alp on hifi only (without BT), is OK, but NR, without BT is a no-go....

angrypenguin

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

For this exact setup my A7 friend had no issues with this FW. Saw it first hand.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Why? I run dual NR's without BT with no issues?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

thanks

for all the fish
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
As it is i run K at a geeatly reduced city level for K and need the gps lockouts for the local supermarket and drug stores

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
As it is i run K at a geeatly reduced city level for K and need the gps lockouts for the local supermarket and drug stores
I barely get false alerts. Use GPS and set a speed threshold. I use 30mph.. If in shopping sensors and parking you wont get any annoyances.

There are also hundreds of thousands of users running detectors without GPS. While its a preference to use a GPS detector its certainly not needed for many people.

thanks

for all the fish
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Unfortunately our local leos love to use k in the low 20 and 25 zones nearby.
The k alert and bogey counter saved me last week as i passed a speed sign to find a ghost suv shooting traffic as they entered the lower speed zones. I wont set my low speed mute speed above 20 in my daily drive area.

If i were on hifi only i would have been toast

Ive run my v1 for ages without a gps and ‘could’ continue to do so, but would not run a detector without arrows, band and a bogey count

@BestRadarDetectors what are the city yellow and red settings that you use?

Last edited:

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
what are the city yellow and red settings that you use?

I use Level 3 for Yellow and Level 5 for Red.

AnthonySzum

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I had the system installed yesterday. I have BT and HiFi. The external LED is on but the control pad wasn't working. I went ahead and updated to the newest firmware 5.5.8, confirmed by the app and when it restarted, the control pad finally worked. I did factory reset via the control pad. I created a config file, uploaded it via USB and the control pad turned off.
I have since shut power off to the system multiple times with no luck. Sometimes there no startup light and sometimes the light comes on the pad but then eventually shuts off. Any solutions?

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I had the system installed yesterday. I have BT and HiFi. The external LED is on but the control pad wasn't working. I went ahead and updated to the newest firmware 5.5.8, confirmed by the app and when it restarted, the control pad finally worked. I did factory reset via the control pad. I created a config file, uploaded it via USB and the control pad turned off.
I have since shut power off to the system multiple times with no luck. Sometimes there no startup light and sometimes the light comes on the pad but then eventually shuts off. Any solutions?
Does everything work OK when using the App? When using App the external LED should work but the control pad will be dark - it doesn't work when App is connected (except for one button for a JTK). If system (not controller) works with App then I would think it is a Controller issue not firmware.

What are your brightness setting for the Control Pad and LED, is it Solid or Blinking? Are there different brightness settings for different profiles? Are you using Profiles?

If Control is truly intermittent then I would check connection to CPU, maybe it is not fully clicked in. It could be faulty control pad but that would be rare but possible, if all else fails I would try a new one. I think the firmware update and it starting to work at the same time but then quit again was a fluke and had nothing to do with firmware update.

Keep us informed of your progress.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Control Pad and BT dont work simultaneous. If you want to use BT open the app and connect to the system. If you close the app or lose BT the system will switch back to the wired controller. If the app is open it will automatically try to connect when the ALP has power so if you want to run the controller exit the BT app on your phone.

AnthonySzum

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Does everything work OK when using the App? When using App the external LED should work but the control pad will be dark - it doesn't work when App is connected (except for one button for a JTK). If system (not controller) works with App then I would think it is a Controller issue not firmware.

What are your brightness setting for the Control Pad and LED, is it Solid or Blinking? Are there different brightness settings for different profiles? Are you using Profiles?

If Control is truly intermittent then I would check connection to CPU, maybe it is not fully clicked in. It could be faulty control pad but that would be rare but possible, if all else fails I would try a new one. I think the firmware update and it starting to work at the same time but then quit again was a fluke and had nothing to do with firmware update.

Keep us informed of your progress.
Thanks for the reply!
Everything in the app seems to work. Its showing the car as yellow, same as the external LED. I have the speed set to 24. So I just took it for a spin and it turned blue but still nothing on the pad. I have it set to dimmed (pad @5 and external @3) constant. If you mean the pad should be dark when using the app as in no light at all, then yes it's dark. I press the buttons and nothing happens either. After reading your post, I tried shutting the app down and the pad led actually came on and has all functionality.
I did notice when the app is in use, the hifi speaker doesnt work. Is this normal and can it be changed to work when using the app?
I did make a profile, only one.

Sorry for my ignorance with this...

Control Pad and BT dont work simultaneous. If you want to use BT open the app and connect to the system. If you close the app or lose BT the system will switch back to the wired controller. If the app is open it will automatically try to connect when the ALP has power so if you want to run the controller exit the BT app on your phone.

Ahh understood, thank you Tom.

Which button on the pad works to JTK with BT active and not active again?

Last edited:

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!
Everything in the app seems to work. Its showing the car as yellow, same as the external LED. I have the speed set to 24. So I just took it for a spin and it turned blue but still nothing on the pad. I have it set to dimmed (pad @5 and external @3) constant. If you mean the pad should be dark when using the app as in no light at all, then yes it's dark. I press the buttons and nothing happens either. After reading your post, I tried shutting the app down and the pad led actually came on and has all functionality.
I did notice when the app is in use, the hifi speaker doesnt work. Is this normal and can it be changed to work when using the app?
I did make a profile, only one.

Sorry for my ignorance with this...

HiFi and Controller do not work with App on, as Tom says. It sounds as if things are working correctly and it is likely the App is auto starting on you sometimes which disabled the control pad.

There are settings in the App that have the option for Auto App Start, you might want to disable (turn it off) so the App will only start if you choose it to. If using profiles then each profile has it own setting options in App so you will have to change the setting on each profile.

nicholat

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
When using BT, the speaker does not work, only sound from phone. When running BT the control pad has no light and only can be used to cancel the Jamming. If you have netradar it best to use BT, If you only have Jammer it best to use HiFI and use BT for changing Configuration and updating software

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score

The Right Menu Button on the wired Controller will Kill active Jamming during a laser alert. If you are using BT you can also tap the center area of the screen in the Vehicle Area and that will also kill jamming. Its best to use the LID settings to Auto Kill at 4 seconds or so because when you first get hit it usually shocks you and you freeze so just focus on slowing and allow the system to do its thing automatically.

AnthonySzum

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The Right Menu Button on the wired Controller will Kill active Jamming during a laser alert. If you are using BT you can also tap the center area of the screen in the Vehicle Area and that will also kill jamming. Its best to use the LID settings to Auto Kill at 4 seconds or so because when you first get hit it usually shocks you and you freeze so just focus on slowing and allow the system to do its thing automatically.
Gotcha! I have the GPS mounted on the front windshield by the rearview mirror and dashcam. Is it normal to lose GPS after going under every little overpass? I'm wondering if I should place it elsewhere.

Also, am I able to configure settings from the internet on my phone (android), save the file, and upload it via the app without ever having to use the usb?

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Gotcha! I have the GPS mounted on the front windshield by the rearview mirror and dashcam. Is it normal to lose GPS after going under every little overpass? I'm wondering if I should place it elsewhere.

Also, am I able to configure settings from the internet on my phone (android), save the file, and upload it via the app without ever having to use the usb?

Its normal to lose a GPS signal when going under overpasses etc. but it will not affect operation. You can set your GPS loss notification to only alert you on longer periods of time on the settings page. If you set it to alert you to every loss you will get quite a few alerts even though its not necessary.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRCode