Introducing Radenso Theia powered by Rai (Video Links and FAQ on first page)

<<JAZZY>>

Inhale Life
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
777E1AB0-4A75-44ED-BF4C-086BB1575503.gif

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA

aim4squirrels

Currently edging...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Found it :

Radenso Theia FAQ:

Q: When is Theia going to be released?
A: As of August 2020 the release date is still sometime this year. Theia is still under development so even we don't have a exact date or time frame yet. If you would like to be the first to know about more Theia news and when we will be accepting pre-orders, use the form at the top of the page to sign up!”
Hey @DocTJ,

Stop doing @Randy at Radenso's job, or else @Jon at Radenso is going to think he's redundant and let him go after the extra $600 in unemployment benefits has run out.

I however, would like to keep @Randy at Radenso both gainfully employed and living life in the manner he has become financially accustomed to and so shall ask most politely if Theia will have arrows?

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm as impatient as anyone for Theia's release.
She won't be overdue until midnight December 31, 2020, and even then, considering the wacky year this has been we should all be willing to cut Radenso some slack on their timeline.
I'd rather be impressed by Theia that have her full of irritating bugs because she was pushed out before being ready.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hey @DocTJ,

Stop doing @Randy at Radenso's job, or else @Jon at Radenso is going to think he's redundant and let him go after the extra $600 in unemployment benefits has run out.

I however, would like to keep @Randy at Radenso both gainfully employed and living life in the manner he has become financially accustomed to and so shall ask most politely if Theia will have arrows?
Theia will indeed have arrows, but you may prefer the bogey locator display for better situational awareness.
Screenshot_20200820-142939.png

purple equals sarcasm.

racerx1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Theia will indeed have arrows, but you may prefer the bogey locator display for better situational awareness.
View attachment 157380
purple equals sarcasm.

I truly wish that wasn't sarcasm. :(

I know it's not possible to Left-Right locate the source, but how cool would it be if you could? 😎

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
I truly wish that wasn't sarcasm. :(

I know it's not possible to Left-Right locate the source, but how cool would it be if you could? 😎

With the after market add on feed horn and optional OS, it could be. Notice it is NOT in Purple, one just needs three feed horns (see VR patent).

racerx1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
With the after market add on feed horn and optional OS, it could be. Notice it is NOT in Purple, one just needs three feed horns (see VR patent).

Agreed. The one thing I am most curious about is what third-party apps will be developed for Theia?. Will there be several or only a few? Theia has so much potential, I hope people much smarter than me can take advantage of it and develop some truly useful and unique apps.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
For 360 degree direction finder, mount 2 Theias, (twins if you must) one on top of the other, and use aftermarket USB C cable connector between them.
Then the 3rd party app wireless connection will control arrow output to driver.

Or have Theia on an automated swivel mount and it rotates detector 90 degrees left or right, and verifying strongest signal direction.

Simple.
I do this all the time with a single horn detector by hand to find the strongest direction

MikePA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I hope the app developers do not announce what they are working on, otherwise the 'When will it be released?' posts will just change the object of their ignorance.

poolmon

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Is there a model of Thia's final case design or is that still under wraps?

Reactions: XDA

InDecay

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yikes, that's a little disconcerting with <4 months to go to meeting the 2020 release window. My guess was there'd be at least 1 month of beta/UAT with the finalized design before the floodgates are opened on initial orders.

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yikes, that's a little disconcerting with <4 months to go to meeting the 2020 release window. My guess was there'd be at least 1 month of beta/UAT with the finalized design before the floodgates are opened on initial orders.
I think Radenso uses the phrase "in development" to mean, we'll tell when we're ready to tell you. Don't read too much into it.

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I think Radenso uses the phrase "in development" to mean, we'll tell when we're ready to tell you. Don't read too much into it.

Exactly... like with everything else.

wayne77

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score

Exactly. I'd wager this thing is 99% done. That last 1% may take a couple of months but still, the majority is complete imo.

larryg1do

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
If it’s not in production already it will never be released this year - it has to be completely designed - the only thing that could change is software. If it’s not completely designed it would be much better to say it may not be out this year so people don’t feel like they are being strung along

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itzik