What's the difference between G1 and G2 heads?

tempnexus

Breaking The Social Norm One Post at a time
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score
I apologize if that was already asked.

Is it advisable to upgrade the G1 heads to G2?

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Some discussion in this thread.

tempnexus

Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score

Some discussion in this thread.
Huh I participated in that thread. I guess it's an old news than.

tempnexus

Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score
More reliability, but DE testing is showing an improvement :)
So if you are in DE nation than one should get g2? Since I am less than 1 year on G1 what's the upgrade cost for an exchange?!

And wtf you are back from vacay?! We have not finished raiding your house yet!!!!!

Last edited:

The Pope

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hmm. But better to wait for VPR head in DE country?
That's the way I've interpreted it.....
I was participant at the NC Testing where the G2 Heads preformed better against DE than the G1's (3 front/2 rear) which are on my car.

To better clarify, although the G2's were better with DE, the G1's still gave me time to Drop Anchor and to reduce speed to a rate that will "most likely" not win me any awards. Now I still need better protection on the rear of my car (she's a "Fat Bottom Girl" - Infiniti G37 Coupe) as the tail lights weren't protected as good as they should be. I'm currently trying to figure out how to relocate those heads without making them stick out and be obvious. I also want to add a VPR head back there as well.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I was the one at the recent NC test with the G2 heads on my 2013 Boss 302. It is a 2 head set up in the front. I have heard about the Dragon punishing the TMG's even with 3 heads, so I was all set for the big let down that was sure to be coming my way. I almost said to hell with it and called Jag for another head before I even tested it because I just knew that @VariableWave was going to blow big holes in my system! WRONG! Even with just 2 heads spaced at 31 inches apart this little setup was bulletproof all day long against everything he could throw at me including the DE and DEC! Needless to say, we were all shocked and surprised! The look on @VariableWave's face was priceless everytime I made a pass at him! Everyone else at the test got spanked, at least until we made adjustments, so I know this was not a fluke! Rest assured, we are going to do another test in the near future that will put the last one to shame! There is no telling what @VariableWave will do to try to defeat my system! BTW, @The Pope also blasted me as well! The only time they could touch me was after I made too many runs in a row without allowing a reset and a small cool down period. As soon as I started resetting the cpu after each run it was JTG all the way!

Last edited:

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I was the one at the recent NC test with the G2 heads on my 2013 Boss 302. It is a 2 head set up in the front. I have heard about the Dragon punishing the TMG's even with 3 heads, so I was all set for the big let down that was sure to be coming my way. I almost said to hell with it and called Jag for another head before I even tested it because I just knew that @VariableWave was going to blow big holes in my system! WRONG! Even with just 2 heads spaced at 31 inches apart this little setup was bulletproof all day long against everything he could throw at me including the DE and DEC! Needless to say, we were all shocked and surprised! The look on @VariableWave's face was priceless everytime I made a pass at him! Everyone else at the test got spanked, at least until we made adjustments, so I know this was not a fluke! Rest assured, we are going to do another test in the near future that will put the last one to shame! There is no telling what @VariableWave will do to try to defeat my system! BTW, @The Pope also blasted me as well! The only time they could touch me was after I made too many runs in a row without allowing a reset and a small cool down period. As soon as I started resetting the cpu after each run it was JTG all the way!

I was impressed to the change on the newer heads when testing. When putting through my tests, there was a nice change when targeting that you were not expecting as to what was said to be, and when testing his 2013 Boss vs his other older Stang, I found holes in the Gen1 vs Gen2, Repeat on @The Pope was revisited and found. We are going to challenge the system again on another course, as not all locations, temperature, angle, etc., repeats real world experience. I have even said to @Kennyc56, we need a trailor or higher point for overpass and offaxis hits. I like challenging systems on RADAR and LIDAR, as that has been my world for over 24+ years of my first ticket and times that would mouth drop must drivers in how I communte and travel distances.

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Kennyc56 @VariableWave interesting results. I've only had issues with Dragoneye on Firmware 8.04. Firmware 8.06 I'm JTG front just like the Mustang but I haven't moved my heads. Gen 1 heads. Isn't @Jag42 running Gen1 heads too? Im pretty sure PTs were from water ingress messing with Dragoneye detection which was a thing the Gen2 heads addressed.
Lmk when your next meetup happens! I'd love to come.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Kennyc56 @VariableWave interesting results. I've only had issues with Dragoneye on Firmware 8.04. Firmware 8.06 I'm JTG front just like the Mustang but I haven't moved my heads. Gen 1 heads. Isn't @Jag42 running Gen1 heads too? Im pretty sure PTs were from water ingress messing with Dragoneye detection which was a thing the Gen2 heads addressed.
Lmk when your next meetup happens! I'd love to come.
We'd love to have you! @delthom899 came all the way from Atlanta for our last test and we all had a great time together testing and getting to know each other! He has an ALP system with the TX head and @VariableWave ate him alive at first, but after some adjustments he was also JTG! I'm still in shock about how good my TMG system worked! This was my first jammer install, and with some discussion with @VariableWave , I nailed it on the first try! Thanks again @Jag42 !

oktavf

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
My G2 heads are coming tomorrow and should be installed by the weekend depending how much rain and freeze etc we get here in Georgia should be interesting! No DE testing possibility here anytime soon I don't think all though I'll take any testing that I can get but I might be game for a bit of a drive to meet more of you from the forum, test and shoot the sh*t as well! :buddy:

Jag42

USA TMG a-15 Dealer - PM me
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I'm still running Gen1, since I'm in Texas. DE is almost never heard of. I will switch to G2, when i get the guns back. Some thought i was skewing my tests, so i stopped testing for a while.

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
We'd love to have you! @delthom899 came all the way from Atlanta for our last test and we all had a great time together testing and getting to know each other! He has an ALP system with the TX head and @VariableWave ate him alive at first, but after some adjustments he was also JTG! I'm still in shock about how good my TMG system worked! This was my first jammer install, and with some discussion with @VariableWave , I nailed it on the first try! Thanks again @Jag42 !
Yea, I remember. I was hauling ass to Philly that weekend. I left Saturday morning and made it back Monday morning. Sadly I couldn't make it so hopefully next time.
Post automatically merged:

My G2 heads are coming tomorrow and should be installed by the weekend depending how much rain and freeze etc we get here in Georgia should be interesting! No DE testing possibility here anytime soon I don't think all though I'll take any testing that I can get but I might be game for a bit of a drive to meet more of you from the forum, test and shoot the sh*t as well! :buddy:
Count me in!

It seems like there's always new people to test lol.

Last edited:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm still running Gen1, since I'm in Texas. DE is almost never heard of. I will switch to G2, when i get the guns back. Some thought i was skewing my tests, so i stopped testing for a while.
I can guarantee that every test that @VariableWave and I are involved with are 100% legit! That goes for radar and laser! We tried every way possible to get passed my TMG system, we just couldn't do it! I can promise you all if it would have gone bad we would have said so! It doesn't do any damn good not to tell the truth about these tests! I don't believe for a second that your tests were skewed Jared! If I did, I wouldn't have even spoken to you at all! Haters will always try to cause trouble when the results of a test doesn't go their way!

Last edited:

delthom899

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yup and the pleasure was all mine. I am very happy that I came because if I didnt, then I would be driving holding on to the false sense of security that I am protected when actually in fact I was not. Yesterday going home from Macon Georgia in the morning from work, when I reached Locust Grove, I got hit with a stalker and sure enough it was a GSP doing the shooting. Not a peep from him whe he pulled out and he pulled over some other unfortunate soul. So thanks again guys for welcoming me and make me feel apart of it the experience was awesome. Next thing on my list is to get a Dragoneye 😏

tempnexus

Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score
Aren't G2 also better for VPR guns which TX uses?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McSleepy