Uniden customer support

petenice

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My experience so far. I shipped my R7 in for the dead rear antenna 7 days ago. I started asking for status on the 5th day and their rep sent me in email stating it takes 5-7 days to process. So I wait until the 7th day and now I'm told it takes up to 20 days to turn around. So as of now I paid $500 for an RD that has spent more time at Uniden then in my possession and I may not see it for a month? It's a brand new out of the box unit, just send me a functional replacement and you can dissect that unit all you want on your time.

Is this normal for Uniden to take so long?

They replaced my out of warranty R3 with a refurbished unit in about two weeks. Once the failed RD was in their system, I was able to track the progress of things on the website with a ticket number they emailed me. It actually got replaced sooner than they initially predicted, so I'd recommend patience.

thesilverbullet

Clemson Tigers
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
My experience so far. I shipped my R7 in for the dead rear antenna 7 days ago. I started asking for status on the 5th day and their rep sent me in email stating it takes 5-7 days to process. So I wait until the 7th day and now I'm told it takes up to 20 days to turn around. So as of now I paid $500 for an RD that has spent more time at Uniden then in my possession and I may not see it for a month? It's a brand new out of the box unit, just send me a functional replacement and you can dissect that unit all you want on your time.

Is this normal for Uniden to take so long?

Yes - Uniden's quoted turn around time per their web site is 14-20 business days...

Who is the retailer?

RayC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I had an R3 I sent in with the form printed off their website for warranty service. Never even called them in advance. Had another R3 delivered in either 7 or 8 days from the day I mailed mine in (priority 2 day). They just swapped it with another unit as it had a higher SN than the one I sent in. Maybe they have changed but I got the feeling if it was in the 1 year period they just sent a replacement and looked at the return later (provided the one sent in didn't appear damaged physically). I had a backup anyway so if it took longer I wouldn't have cared. I would guess they will run closer to 10 days than 20 unless there is some unusual issue. I guess each persons experience varies.

leesrt

Mature Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
They replaced my out of warranty R3 with a refurbished unit in about two weeks. Once the failed RD was in their system, I was able to track the progress of things on the website with a ticket number they emailed me. It actually got replaced sooner than they initially predicted, so I'd recommend patience.
Where did you go to track the progress? I didn't see anything for tracking a ticket number

leesrt

Mature Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Their customer service rep contacted me today and let me know the SRO number And that the unit is on the way back to me. I asked if she knew whether it was replaced or repaired and what was the problem, she stated they replaced the unit.

Riptide

Recovering M3 Addict
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Their customer service rep contacted me today and let me know the SRO number And that the unit is on the way back to me. I asked if she knew whether it was replaced or repaired and what was the problem, she stated they replaced the unit.
Fingers crossed for a new unit and not a refurb

petenice

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Sweet!

GoWFO

If you have to go... GoWFO!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

It also my company policy to under promise and over deliver. More happy customers that way, although you do risk alienating a few customers with the first ETA. They should not had given you two different timeframes in the first two contacts, as that would naturally create some customer apprehension. Glad to hear a replacement is on the way to you already.

Rossm812

Constantly Learning...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
My recent issue with my hardwire cord was handled very expediently. Emailed Jenna, she confirmed what was going on. Replacement shipped same day. I had it 6 days later.

I was thoroughly impressed and I even took almost a month to finally get back to messaging after I had talked via PM here.

Last edited:

leesrt

Mature Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So I received my replacement radar detector from uniden today. I'm pretty pissed off right now because I sent them a brand new unit that I only had for a couple of weeks and in return they send me an exchange of some used unit that is scratched up on top And has a scratched rear lens. It looked like whoever owned it was using a blend mount because of the scratch marks from pushing on to the clip.

I probably would not be upset with them just doing the exchange because I realize it's going to be another unit that is probably not as new as the one I purchased however at least have the decency to send me a unit that looks brand new.

I sent them a return email requesting they make it right or I'll be returning it. If I wanted a used radar detector I could have bought one on eBay for a lot less money.

RayC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So I received my replacement radar detector from uniden today. I'm pretty pissed off right now because I sent them a brand new unit that I only had for a couple of weeks and in return they send me an exchange of some used unit that is scratched up on top And has a scratched rear lens. It looked like whoever owned it was using a blend mount because of the scratch marks from pushing on to the clip.

I probably would not be upset with them just doing the exchange because I realize it's going to be another unit that is probably not as new as the one I purchased however at least have the decency to send me a unit that looks brand new.

I sent them a return email requesting they make it right or I'll be returning it. If I wanted a used radar detector I could have bought one on eBay for a lot less money.

I sent in a fairly "mint" unit and got one back that I would say was slightly used but not enough to bother me. I don't think their policy is to replace with "new" units as if it's within 30 days and bought from Uniden they will take it as a return and refund you and you can choose to repurchase another new one if you want. If purchased elsewhere then that retailer should refund or replace it in the 30 days rather than use Uniden's warranty repair service. I don't think their repair service ever sends new units back that I have heard. Maybe if they have no existing stock of returned units left? If the one you got is pretty beat up then they should make it right. Pics probably would help of your return and what they gave you. I have only spoken to them once but they seemed ok.

I was hoping for a new unit as well but the one I got was what I would consider 'gently used' but worked like new.

leesrt

Mature Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I sent in a fairly "mint" unit and got one back that I would say was slightly used but not enough to bother me. I don't think their policy is to replace with "new" units as if it's within 30 days and bought from Uniden they will take it as a return and refund you and you can choose to repurchase another new one if you want. If purchased elsewhere then that retailer should refund or replace it in the 30 days rather than use Uniden's warranty repair service. I don't think their repair service ever sends new units back that I have heard. Maybe if they have no existing stock of returned units left? If the one you got is pretty beat up then they should make it right. Pics probably would help of your return and what they gave you. I have only spoken to them once but they seemed ok.

I was hoping for a new unit as well but the one I got was what I would consider 'gently used' but worked like new.
I can say that after trying this exchange unit out for just a few minutes I've already gotten hits on the rear antenna so definitely a night and day difference from the one I sent in period they also already updated this to the latest firmware so that's good.

user

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score

classic example of what I have been saying. Their return policy is horrible. A warranty replacement should never ever be made with the return to the customer of a refurbished unit. There is no excuse for that. Even under ideal conditions, but their record for repair or what they call refurbished is abysmal and this is another example of just that.

RayC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
classic example of what I have been saying. Their return policy is horrible. A warranty replacement should never ever be made with the return to the customer of a refurbished unit. There is no excuse for that. Even under ideal conditions, but their record for repair or what they call refurbished is abysmal and this is another example of just that.

I think their return policy is for a full refund if you are returning a unit bought from them. I don't think they apply the return policy if you buy from another seller and are sending it in for replacement/repair. In that case, right or wrong, they consider it a warranty repair if its bought 2 days or 11.9 months ago. I can't say I was upset at all with my warranty return but seems experiences vary and they should send a pretty much new looking unit condition wise back to the customer. I only sent the actual unit in and not the entire box and accessories and all I got back was another R3 in some bubble wrap.

glock19er

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
That's why I bought my two from Best Buy with the extended warranty.
Problem arises just take it back locally.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

SafetyBob

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Sure wish I would have seen this thread about a week ago........especially with all the issues around all the brands now, makes perfect sense to get from Best Buy with the warranty knowing pretty much every brand you will most likely be returning it.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karamany