"All Blade, All The Time" RDForum Owner
- Oct 31, 2010
- Reaction score
- Long Island
RDForum.org Rules and Regulations
Chapter I: Registration
(1) Please note the following is prohibited when registering for (and using) RDForum.org:
a) Registering with disposable e-mails.
c) Registering with an email address that has a hit on SFS.
d) Registering when you already have an account on this website without permission from the administration.
e) Registering when you have been banned from RDForum.org in the past.
f) Registering using a VPN/Proxy service. Once registration is complete use of a VPN is permitted.
(2) Registering on RDForum.org while working or having worked for certain professions is disallowed without prior approval by the Administration:
a) Any law enforcement positions including but not limited to local, city, and federal police. This applies not just to your current profession, but also to all your previous professions.
(3) Certain organizations and their employees and affiliates are prohibited from registering on RDForum.org without prior approval:
a) Any company/organization/individual involved in or affiliated with businesses manufacturing/distribution/service of RADAR, LIDAR, and any other speed enforcement equipment used by Law Enforcement. These companies include but are not limited to: Applied Concepts dba Stalker, Kustom Signals, DragonEye Technologies, etc. This restriction further applies to any organization/company/individual involved in providing technology or other solutions to organization/company/individual involved in the business of RADAR, LIDAR, and any other speed enforcement equipment used by Law Enforcement. An example of such organization/company/individual would be Scott Patterson, Laser Craft, EO Device, etc.
Chapter II: User Conduct
(1) The following conduct is expected when posting content at RDForum.org:
a) No Spam or Advertising. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites or links to any site we deem to be spam will be deleted without notice. Furthermore, we may permanently ban users who advertise or spam on RDForum.org without warning. Vendors and manufacturers related to this industry may get an exemption from this. Refer to vendor rules below.
b) No Adult Content. RDForum.org is strictly PG13 rated and any pornography or materials considered unsuitable for children will be removed without notice. This includes links to pornographic content.
c) No Illegal Content. RDForum.org strictly disallows posting of copyrighted materials, child pornography, or any other illegal materials. In some cases as required by law, RDForum.org may contact the FBI for violation of this clause.
d) No discussions involving politics, religion, race, or sexual orientation.
e) We use the formal definition of Politics which includes the total complex of relations between people living in society. As such, we also ban all current news discussions which tend to have a tendency of spiraling into political discussions.
f) No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to: Repeatedly trolling other members with intent to irritate or otherwise create drama or repeatedly attacking a member's integrity or character without providing evidence that could cause a reasonable person to come to the same conclusion.
g) No personal attacks. Members should feel free to debate the merits of each other's arguments or data but it is counterproductive and unnecessary to resort to personal attacks. Follow the "Golden Rule" and treat others as you'd like to be treated.
h) No excessive profanity. The occasional profanity is accepted as long as it’s reasonable (at RDF administration’s sole discretion).
i) Usernames and avatars referencing existing administration, suggesting affiliation with RDF, or containing offensive of suggestive content will be removed at RDF administration’s sole discretion.
j) Follow all directions given by RDF moderators, security, or administrators.
k) No posting private information without consent.
Chapter III: Posting Guidelines
(1) When posting content on RDForum.org, the following guidelines should be kept in mind:
a) Use English. No other languages will be accepted on RDF.
b) Post in the correct section.
c) Make your Title concise and descriptive. Titles such as “Look here it’s amazing!”, or “Wonderful news” as well as titles that end before continuing on in the main text of the thread ("I drove on the highway today by accelerating really fast and... " followed by "nothing happened" in the main body of the thread) is considered click bait and the subject will be adjusted by the administration without notice. In addition, subjects such as “There is a special room in hell for job recruiters who spam you with phone calls and e-mails about unrelated jobs or locations!” is considered too long and detailed and should be shortened to something like “Annoying Job Recruiters” or something along that line.
d) Do not write the title in all caps.
e) Please use the search function before posting.
f) When quoting/posting copyrighted material, you must include author, copyright statement and a link to the source.
g) Do not post useless content. It may be acceptable to have one or two posts every once in a while about completely useless topics but this is overdone sometimes.
Chapter IV: Prohibited Activities when Posting
(1) The following activities are prohibited when posting at RDForum.org:
a) Spam - repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users. The solicitation or advertisement of content, goods, services, or information not found or published on RDForum.org is considered "spam" and not allowed anywhere in our forums.
b) Bumping - posting on threads in order to keep them near the top of the forum list. Commenting on obsolete or old thread with the intent to bump them into a discussion is also prohibited.
c) Advertising – Posting links, image, or content that RDForum.org at its sole discretion determines to be advertisement for unsolicited products and services is prohibited.
d) Cross-posting - Posting the same topic or thread in more than one forum is considered cross-posting. As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established by using the Search feature.
e) Signing - posts which contain only the text "/signed" or "+1" to show agreement with the previous post. These are discouraged, as they do not engender constructive discussion. Use the like function instead.
g) Data Mining/Harvesting & Employing Bots - using the RDF forum as a means to acquire private information from other community members through any methods.
h) False obituary threads
i) Threads that make threats or use other combative languages.
j) Threads that single out a user for ridicule.
Chapter V: Manufacturers, Software Developers and Vendor Conduct
(1) RDF distinguishes members with commercial interest related to RDF into manufacturers/vendors. All users involved or affiliated with manufacturers and vendors MUST notify RDF Administration upon signing up. Vendors and manufacturers are expected to follow additional rules. Those who fail to sign up will still be subject to these additional rules, but none of the benefits provided by this section:
Allowed Advertisement in the Marketplace
Product and Service Listings including any discounts you're offering.
Allowed Advertisement in your Designated Section
New product announcements, new updates.
Disallowed Advertisement in your Designated Section
Any product/service listings (that is not a new product), special discounts for members.
a) RDForum.org is NOT a marketing platform for manufacturers. As such, advertising is only allowed in the Marketplace designated for manufacturers by utilizing the Ad Manager. Under no circumstances will advertising via private conversations (also known as conversation, private messaging) be allowed.
b) Manufacturers may put up product development posts, new product announcements (product links are allowed only to the Marketplace), software updates, and any other post that at RDForum.org's Administration at its sole discretion determines not to be an advertisement. Excessive spam like posting will result in your posting privileges being revoked.
c) Manufacturers and vendors must create an account for each individual who wishes to utilize this forum. Use of a single shared account by multiple people shall be disallowed and each account shall be considered to be owned by the user who created the account and not by the manufacturer or vendor.
d) Under no circumstances will a user account be considered to be owned by a manufacturer or vendor and ownership of all accounts will always reside with the user who created the account regardless of the user's affiliation or employment. Should the account owner no longer be employed by the manufacturer or vendor, the account shall have all references to the manufacturer and vendor removed.
e) Manufacturers and vendors shall not create or enforce any sort of contract whether written or verbal requiring their employees to relinquish their accounts should they be no longer employed by the manufacturer or vendor. Should an instance be discovered where at AAKP's sole discretion is in violation of this clause, all accounts owned by the manufacturer or vendor may be deactivated.
(2) Manufacturers may furthermore apply to become a for trusted manufacturer status by contacting @RaggedEdge which may be granted at RDF administration's sole discretion. Manufacturers granted this status will have no externally visible badges indicating that they are in this program. They will however be granted limited ability such as the ability to stick and unstick posts in their section. The use of such additionally granted abilities shall be audited by the administration and this status may be removed at any time should RDF at its sole discretion determine abusive actions on the part of the manufacturer.
(3) Accounts owned by users who are involved in the development of, or is in the business of, or affiliated with a business involved in the development of an app related to the countermeasure industry at RDF administration's sole discretion may be designated a software developer and appropriate tag provided. Those provided with these tags may also request a dedicated section of the forum to post updates and solicit user feedback. Although additional privileges may be granted on request, these tags have no additional restrictions nor provide additional privileges.
Chapter VI: User conduct outside RDF
(1) Your conduct outside RDF usually has no effect on your status on RDF. However, exceptions apply for those who test with law enforcement or with entities and individuals we at RDF at our sole discretion consider a threat to this community and hobby. Furthermore, at RDF's sole discretion, we may restrict a user from participating on this forum for any other activity outside RDF we consider to be a threat.
Chapter VII: Waivers
(1) At RDForum.org's sole discretion, a waiver may be granted on a case by case basis to certain provisions contained within these rules and terms of service.
Chapter VIII: Enforcement
(1) RDForum.org understands that these rules and regulations may have unintended consequences. As such, staff members will be granted discretion when it comes to enforcement of rules. Rule technicality shall not be a reason by itself to enforce the rules.
Chapter IX: Changes to Forum Code of conduct and Posting Guidelines
(1) RDForum.org may revise the Forum Code of Conduct and Posting Guidelines at any time by making changes to this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes as they are legally binding. Provisions contained within these Policies and Guidelines may be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the RDForum.org site.
Last edited by a moderator: