Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamQuack

s\/\/er\/e
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
nice app, i also love the concept of the heat map, great thinking!

chawski

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Trying to get the police server linked but it's saying your site is down. Am I doing something wrong?

Awesome looking app,very excited to try it!

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
You might regret it! I'd love the radar bogey alert from 0079 Mobile Suit Gundam.
Post automatically merged:

One thing I notice is that if the aircraft data source cannot connect, but Waze can. The risk score goes away and just displays connection problems in the risk bar. Aircraft is a nice to have, but not sure it was always be necessity. This brings me to two points.
There were some issues, on my side. Will fix soon. Regarding "Connection problems" covering the risk score -- this shouldn't happen, will fix in the next version.

I became the lucky host to a quite persistent and extremely annoying AdChoice pop-up full screen ad campaign. Need help figuring a few things out.
Sorry to hear that. I can surely say, that HR contains zero ads and the root cause of your issue is not the HR.

In fact, pretty often phones come with some adware crap pre-installed. This is especially popular for cheaper phones and less known brands. The adware can be installed both by manufacturer (less frequent) or by seller/distributor. My friend similar behavior when he bought a new Xiaomi phone a bit cheaper than market. Such ads may also run only on top of third-party apps, or even only on top of third-party except well-known apps to make user blame the app.

There are two possible solutions for this:
  • Re-flash your phone with a stock firmware wiping all the data. You can find manuals on how to do that on xda-developers for example. It is very unlikely for the adware to survive this. This is the way I recommend to go with as the most bulletproof one.
  • Go to settings and look for installed apps, device administrator apps, running processes and apps with overlay permission. If you aren't sure about any of them -- google with the key word adware. If you're lucky you'll be able to uninstall it yourself.
Post automatically merged:

Trying to get the police server linked but it's saying your site is down. Am I doing something wrong?

Awesome looking app,very excited to try it!

My server went down at this time, sorry for that. Now should be up and running.
And yes, such failure happens not the first time, so I'm in the middle of migration Highway Radar server part from Scaleway to Digitalocean. Risk scores, heatmap and speed cams are already migrated. Aircraft and web-site will migrate very soon.

Last edited:

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Just published v2.0.1 to the Play store.

This version is all about bug fixes, here is what was fixed:
- Connection problems banner hovering the risk score in map mode
- Occasional crashes near police clusters with non-default fadeout internal
- Couple issues related to Samsung devices

thanks

for all the fish
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm getting a "Connection problems" error and Unable to connect to crowd source in RED. I have the servers set up as indicated. Any ideas?

infiniti

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
You are advancing this faster than a google app with a couple dozen million dollars of support and a team of hundreds working on it. Amazing work!

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I'm getting a "Connection problems" error and Unable to connect to crowd source in RED. I have the servers set up as indicated. Any ideas?
What server have you set? Can you also check you haven't put a space after the dot? (some keyboards add it automatically for you)

Up All Night

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Same & crashing. Sent error log.
IMG_6172.JPG

But it’s brilliant when it works!

Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Last edited:

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Same & crashing. Sent error log.
But it’s brilliant when it works!

Did this happen today? The aircraft server was down for a couple of hours yesterday.
Also looks like you're using v2.0, I've fixed some crashes in v2.0.1.
For v2.0.1 Google Play hasn't reported any crashes on any devices.

Up All Night

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Pic was 10/17 @ 8:47 AM
Did go down few times coming home today. But then worked w/o prob after dinner.
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

thanks

for all the fish
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
What server have you set? Can you also check you haven't put a space after the dot? (some keyboards add it automatically for you)
Working now. Odd since waze was working on its own. Also now there is a thin red line on the top of the screen. is that supposed to be there?
GREAT APP!
THANKS!

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Working now. Odd since waze was working on its own. Also now there is a thin red line on the top of the screen. is that supposed to be there?
GREAT APP!
THANKS!

This red line is a color visualization of the risk score. You can disable it in the settings.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I am incredibly impressed @ferius

Just as proof I'm going to bring @OZONE back from the dead. I found his videos and just so happen to live across the street from this overpass in these videos he posted.

These are his from a while back when VPR was showing up. But the point is that this was and still is a common overpass for lidar in Victoria BC.

Here is what highway radar shows right now.

Screenshot_20191020-115947.png

I am incredibly impressed.

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
No ads on mine
This is a thread from 2019... There are no ads in HR. If you like it, you can still donate to @ferius though.

It's a fantastic program that takes lots of time to write/maintain, and he covers the operation costs out of his own pocket.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49