My TPX review

venom690

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I just found this thread, so I'll add my comments.

I had a leaky head as well and Adaptiv RMA'd it for me. I also had the sound issue when trying to use a Sena SM10. I found the solution (after trying many cables, batteries, swapping Sena boards, connector adaptors, and several headsets). If you use a ground loop isolator, you can easily use the TPX system with a BT adaptor like the Sena SM10. Also, I found that my Sena SM10 won't power up correctly if I have the TPX on the same power source (both wired to the bike ACC power). The solution is to hold the power button on the TPX as I power up the motorcycle, and then release the TXP power button after the bike is powered up. This grounds the TPX system and allows the Sena SM10 to power up. I can then hold the power button on the TPX system again to power it up (TPX doesn't power up the first time with this method). Strange, but works 100%. If you use the internal battery power on the SM10 instead of wired power, then you won't have this issue.

Edit: Oh, I also found the control pad light to be waaay too bright and attracted too much attention. I used black electrical tape to block 99% of the light and now it looks good. I'll eventually remove the tape and paint that area flat black.

This is the GLI that I use on all of my motorcycles:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019393MV2/?tag=rdf0cd0c-20

-S1930

I have had 2 or 3 leaky heads.

Although TPX was quick to replace it is a pain to remove all the fairings to replace the defective heads.

At this point I wish I had gone with TMG to be honest.

Mr carbon

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have not had the opportunity to put my hands on an ALP unit or complete an install. However the interface rules with a motorcycle remains universal.
1. Visual alert. Adaptiv absolutely nailed this with thier compact LED trio light and the ability to mount virtually anywhere you please. Not sure about ALP multi LED.
2. Audio alert. Unbenounced to some, audio is very important. TPX, failed my testing in this area. I may be incorrect however I did not see an audio aux output in the ALP manual.
3. CPU size. Unlike a car, a motorcycle can be limited on weather resistant space. Looking at the ALP I would feel comfortable in saying the ALP CPU size shouldn't be an issue installing on a motorcycle.
4. User interface. The ALP user interface may prove to be a concern for a motorcycle as the buttons do not appear they would be glove friendly.
Hope this helps, let me know if I can further assist.
Hi I have installed alp systems on a few motorbike over the years and never had an issue with water etc I use a little tiny blue tooth sender plugs into the 3.5mm jack I can here the beep if I'm geting shot very clearly even at 150mph I'm in the process on puting the latest alp system on a motorbike i use a waterproof switch on the handle bars and also mount the LED on the dash just so you no the unit powers on etc .alp did motorbike version in Europe of there jammer it only diffur from the normal system that it had a 3.5mm jack and addiction wiring with a switch to mount on the handle bars. new here on the forum and doing my best here I find it kind of difficult navigating working this site dont be online much other than here dont do Facebook etc but am learning bit by bit
Post automatically merged:

Hi I have installed alp systems on a few motorbike over the years and never had an issue with water etc I use a little tiny blue tooth sender plugs into the 3.5mm jack I can here the beep if I'm geting shot very clearly even at 150mph I'm in the process on puting the latest alp system on a motorbike i use a waterproof switch on the handle bars and also mount the LED on the dash just so you no the unit powers on etc .alp did motorbike version in Europe of there jammer it only diffur from the normal system that it had a 3.5mm jack and addiction wiring with a switch to mount on the handle bars. new here on the forum and doing my best here I find it kind of difficult navigating working this site dont be online much other than here dont do Facebook etc but am learning bit by bit

The switch buy the way alp give you IS NOT waterproof but no problem geting a waterproof switch that was on 5 year old system I'm trading in for new system

The switch buy the way alp give you IS NOT waterproof but no problem geting a waterproof switch that was on 5 year old system I'm trading in for new system

Attachments

• 20201123_180246.jpg
    20201123_180246.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 20201123_180149.jpg
    20201123_180149.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 20201214_192041.jpg
    20201214_192041.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Discord Server