Advanced User
Reaction score
First and First, the Nexus of the Universe
or just tell us where to get them?

knight_man

I wanna go fast
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Guy's, if you want an R7, NOW is the best time. Just search the web now or it's gone. Good luck. :)
Are you a Uniden affiliate or employee. Which is fine, except when you pretend not to be. I get ads like you on my LinkedIn.... (was, until I stopped following Uniden)

And the Unidens work pretty good for the most part when they are brand new, but really they are super cheap electronics stuffed in an overpriced box that are barely glued together well enough to survive the warranty. I was impressed by the initial performance but am certainly not recommending anyone buy any of them anymore.

Also this is not the place to share deals, or how you do it.

KnightHawk

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Are you a Uniden affiliate or employee. Which is fine, except when you pretend not to be. I get ads like you on my LinkedIn.... (was, until I stopped following Uniden)

And the Unidens work pretty good for the most part when they are brand new, but really they are super cheap electronics stuffed in an overpriced box that are barely glued together well enough to survive the warranty. I was impressed by the initial performance but am certainly not recommending anyone buy any of them anymore.

Also this is not the place to share deals, or how you do it.

I am not KM. I'm a regular guy like you and don't pretend to be anyone. How do I know now is the best time? I just did a search. It's a free world in America. You can do what you want. I did not share deals or a link. I am just telling people to search. Just because you get ads from LinkedIn does not mean you get "all" the ads from the internet.

Last edited:

KnightHawk

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Fadelight

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
At the time of the original post, it was also $499 on Amazon. Now it's $569.

For anyone who isn't aware, there's an Amazon shopping tool called CamelCamelCamel. You can track prices on Amazon items and even set it to alert you when your item drops below whatever desired price point you set. It's very handy for snagging deals. If you want to pay $499 for an R7, enter that as your price, then wait for the alert.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

wjbertrand

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
At the time of the original post, it was also $499 on Amazon. Now it's $569.

For anyone who isn't aware, there's an Amazon shopping tool called CamelCamelCamel. You can track prices on Amazon items and even set it to alert you when your item drops below whatever desired price point you set. It's very handy for snagging deals. If you want to pay $499 for an R7, enter that as your price, then wait for the alert.

Sounds similar to Honey. How does it compare? Maybe I should use both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fadelight

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Sounds similar to Honey. How does it compare? Maybe I should use both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I've never tried Honey. That's a new one to me.

It doesn't cost anything, so what would it hurt to try? Maybe you like it more, maybe you don't. Maybe there's no difference. That's how I look at it.

Blumagic

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You got to be kidding me, I just ordered mind from the same person for 564, now it's 499...and I can't cancel because he shipped it already...

goheels69

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Amazon has it now for 550. Throw in some old gift cards I had laying around and it was quite the steal (no tax and free shipping)

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
For anyone who isn't aware, there's an Amazon shopping tool called CamelCamelCamel.

I have been using it for a long time and love it! I have snagged so many deals with that alert. Great to the price history graph as well to see how likely it will be to drop to your desired price.

penning10

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I was one of the lucky ones to snag one at the $499 price on eBay. Seems they were only at that price for about an hour. Arrived today and very impressed so far as it is much quieter than my R3 and the one bogey I passed was spot on of location. I wish I would have bought earlier, but saved myself some coin by waiting a bit.

Dave3006

Learning to Drive
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score
Amazon $519 as I write

KnightHawk

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I was one of the lucky ones to snag one at the $499 price on eBay. Seems they were only at that price for about an hour. Arrived today and very impressed so far as it is much quieter than my R3 and the one bogey I passed was spot on of location. I wish I would have bought earlier, but saved myself some coin by waiting a bit.
Did your R7 came with the newest FW version?
Post automatically merged:
Well mine arrived today as well, and so far I love it, the bigger screen is nice...
Did you have to download the newest FW version?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pflaugh