JBV1 Controls Demo

Bloovy One

135,000+ miles with JBV1!
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
It's always nice to see someone else using JBV1 (even more so with the developer himself) and pick up on things I've missed!
I had not realized that long presses on the CSA button or user marks menu did anything!

Mushin

Band Summary by State in Signature
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, great job @johnboy00 !!

The root of my JBV1 problems: wrong music and not using my phone upside down. :lol:

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Yep, great job @johnboy00 !!

The root of my JBV1 problems: wrong music and not using my phone upside down. :lol:
Did you know? Most Android apps won't run right side up when the device is upside down. I needed this behavior so I could put a USB-connected phone in a cradle with no provision for a cable.

Mushin

Band Summary by State in Signature
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you know? Most Android apps won't run right side up when the device is upside down. I needed this behavior so I could put a USB-connected phone in a cradle with no provision for a cable.
And now I know -- the rest of the story.

Thanks

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
Now I know why I was having some issues with my settings; I wasn't listening to Tool while I was making my setting changes! That or the song I was listening to wasn't long enough.

Thanks for the demo and the updates.

rhk118

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Great video, thanks. FYI Tool tickets went on sale yesterday...

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, fantastic video! Thank you! I had no idea there was so much functionality available with short taps, long presses, and swipes. :)

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

Bossdad71

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Until I get my v1 I want to run jbv1 separate. I've looked thru the settings but some how I'm missing it, can someone direct me.. UPDATE I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT

Last edited:

FuzzBusterDale

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Much of the toast feedback is not present in the current release (1.7.2), but the controls are the same.

John Boy, At 4:48 in the video there is what looks like a map icon. I do not currently have a map icon on the jbv1 app on my android. Also, on one of the menu settings if I select waze; it says waze is not yet installed. But, yet I actually do have waze installed.

IMG_2396[1].JPG
IMG_2395[1].JPG

I have red light camera's deselected because we do not have red light camera's or Speed camera's in our area.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
John Boy, At 4:48 in the video there is what looks like a map icon. I do not currently have a map icon on the jbv1 app on my android. Also, on one of the menu settings if I select waze; it says waze is not yet installed. But, yet I actually do have waze installed.
The round map icon only appears when the alert map is minimized.

Waze isn't an option if not installed. When/where does it say it isn't installed?

I have red light camera's deselected because we do not have red light camera's or Speed camera's in our area.
Mark types are shown with strikethrough when alerts for them are disabled. The buttons are still there so you can still mark them if you wish, and so you can turn alerts back on (long press).

FuzzBusterDale

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The round map icon only appears when the alert map is minimized.

Waze isn't an option if not installed. When/where does it say it isn't installed?

Mark types are shown with strikethrough when alerts for them are disabled. The buttons are still there so you can still mark them if you wish, and so you can turn alerts back on (long press).

OK, If you see on the first 2 images the very first image has no waze icon on the bottom lower left corner in orange. In the 2nd photo; the waze icon is there. In the 3rd image you see the waze logo in between the green range button and the cancel button.
IMG_2393.JPG
IMG_2397.JPG
IMG_2398.JPG

I put the main screen you come up on JBV1 because I really and truly have no idea what to do. The 2nd screen lists
a subdivision I live right next to. It was a neat thing. In the 3rd image, I really do not know what to select, in terms
of the white buttons and/or on the red buttons. What I am really hoping to find is the actual maps that are color-coded with different types of radar X, K, KA, LASER, etc.

IMG_2391.JPG
IMG_2394.JPG
IMG_2399.JPG
IMG_2396.JPG
IMG_2400.JPG

Attachments

Bloovy One

135,000+ miles with JBV1!
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@FuzzBusterDale, Let's take a step back for a moment on all of this. When you have the screen that is mostly black, what you are expecting is a local map of your area. Correct?

There are 5 items that use data and they are turned off by default. That's part of the equation. The other part of it is that you aren't using it with a V1 yet and that will potentially cause some confusion too.

I'd suggest you start from scratch by going to Settings > Restore Default Settings > [Defaults]

Next, enable Standalone mode
Settings > Connection > Standalone > Standalone Mode Unlocked = ON

Then enable the alert map
Settings > Display > Alert Map > Alert Map Enabled (This is what you are looking for)

Leave everything else alone for now and run the demo a few times and standalone mode too. Get used to what it shows you. Then add an option and run the demo again, etc. Keep track of what you add and turn it back off and then try another. That's how we all have learned these apps. So many things have changed in almost all of the apps over time that it's been very difficult to document the apps.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Radar heat maps are generated from your logged radar hits. The data isn't shared with other users. Until you have some logged hits, there will be no heat.

Discord Server

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neuhedel1