R7 single cup mount

crabu2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I decided to try the single cup mount and had it in my car for a week... When I went to remove it, the rubber cup had gone soft, like it was melting and was almost gooey. Has anyone else had this happen? Made me feel like if I had left it there another week, it would have permanently been mounted to my glass.

Have had it sitting in the house overnight and it's still gooey like... As it stands, I think it would have no problems staying stuck to frits.

mattguy10

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
That’s because it’s a sticky cup vs a regular suction cup like the dual cup mount is. I used to use a sticky cup cell phone mount for my windshield, and it said in the instructions if you need to remove it and the sticky cup becomes disfigured, you can hold the sticky cup under warm water for 15-20 seconds and use your thumb to reshape it and then let it air dry. The sticky cups definitely hold better to the windshield than the standard suction cups.

crabu2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thank you @mattguy10 !! That explain it! But why does it stay sticky after it's been sitting in the house with the AC @74? Is that normal for a sticky cup?

mattguy10

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
All the sticky cups I’ve used are sticky right out of the box. Unless you mean something else... Post a picture if you can, maybe that will help.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McSleepy