Mounting NetRadar in Rear Window (Toyota Tacoma)

nighthawk

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have a NetRadar antenna and MRCD antenna sitting around from a NetRadar DSP antenna install and was wondering if it would be worth the install to have directional arrows. I have seen some of the points of the different shifting points of the directions due to sensitivity, but the arrows would be cool anyway.

My windows are tinted, but with non-metallic tint, but the other thing I was thinking about is that I have an aluminum rolling tonneau cover. So three questions:

1. Worth the effort to have arrows with the old NetRadar antenna?
2. Is the aluminum tonneau cover going to effect performance?
3. Some mounting ideas?

Thanks for your guy's help!

Here are a couple pictures:

IMG_20190724_2123396_copy.jpg

IMG_20190724_2124060_copy.jpg

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I run a DSP in the grill and currently a NR-O on the back deck in my car, (easy install that way), it works great. I don't get the falsing from Hondas, Pacificas and whatnot when they pass like I do with the R7 -which has a horrible rear antenna falsing problem for me.

I have mine behind a rear seat headrest, and it is barely noticeable. IMO the NR-O is a great rear antenna, not too noisy and decent range. I run it in Wide modes and use it as backup incase my Seg'ed DSP misses something out of tune, (which has never happened yet), but it helps me feel more secure and will let me know if it ever happens.

Deacon

TXCTG
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
  1. Yes
  2. No
  3. Headliner, probably easiest with some form of visor mount concept (tongue that tucks back into the headliner)

nighthawk

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I run a DSP in the grill and currently a NR-O on the back deck in my car, (easy install that way), it works great. I don't get the falsing from Hondas, Pacificas and whatnot when they pass like I do with the R7 -which has a horrible rear antenna falsing problem for me.

I have mine behind a rear seat headrest, and it is barely noticeable. IMO the NR-O is a great rear antenna, not too noisy and decent range. I run it in Wide modes and use it as backup incase my Seg'ed DSP misses something out of tune, (which has never happened yet), but it helps me feel more secure and will let me know if it ever happens.
Some good points, definitely will find an afternoon to set it up. Do you have any issues with the transition from front to back at all? Is it accurate to when you pass the source, or is it biased a lot to the NR DSP antenna? Thinking about the vehicle blocking the waves as my DSP is mounted in my bumper.
  1. Yes
  2. No
  3. Headliner, probably easiest with some form of visor mount concept (tongue that tucks back into the headliner)
I was thinking higher up. I'll try to get some pictures when the install is done, that is when I get some free time.

Thanks both of your inputs!

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Some good points, definitely will find an afternoon to set it up. Do you have any issues with the transition from front to back at all? Is it accurate to when you pass the source, or is it biased a lot to the NR DSP antenna? Thinking about the vehicle blocking the waves as my DSP is mounted in my bumper. I was thinking higher up. I'll try to get some pictures when the install is done, that is when I get some free time.

Thanks both of your inputs!
The arrows work fine for me, I honestly don't care about immediate flips of arrows when passing source.

I mainly like arrows for the weaker longer alerts where you wonder if is it a long front approaching alert, rear and following you, or front and driving same direction...situation awareness.

EightyFiveHundred

-/-\- v10 (00=[][]=00) ///M5
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm running my NR-O in my rear deck as well for the same reasons.

fullsizeoutput_2f53-2.jpeg

dyn0mitemat

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look for something similar to a RD visor mount
Something like this
71SRetYHzaL._SX425_.jpg

And clip it into the headliner.

I had a 2nd gen MGM taco too, loved that truck

cognetic

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Both front and back in my set-up are mounted to modified Passport 360c Max suction cup mounts. I chose this for the seeming durability of the actual suction mount - never has it come off in the heat so far!!
Basically, I just used the magnetic foot section, removed the magnet, flipped the internal magnet housing, re-applied the vinyl cover, and then Gorilla-glued to the top forward area of the NRDSP housing before remounting to suction cup mount. This works up front using a Blend mount, too, if you want to avoid the suction cup mounting (too visible for my tastes).

Works great and is well hidden behind front frit and rear window tinting. I prefer the higher command position versus lower bumper mount behind metallic paint. Makes for great range.

-cognetic

nighthawk

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Got around to throwing in the NR-O in the back window. Just need to finish tucking away the wires. No one can sit behind my seat anyway (6' 3" requires some leg room) so it was an easy place to put it, plus I didn't have to much cable left to make it to the middle (which now has a dash cam taking that spot up.

1568343126392.jpeg

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radarhead