SquirrelMaster

Likes Unicorns 🦄
SysOp
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Alright finally got the PCBs in, soldered up, and tested.
Currently they are waiting to dry (conformal coating and a bit of silicone on the connectors for added security). Once they are dry I will ship them out.
IMG_20190720_174906.jpg

In terms of pricing, the connectors were kinda of more expensive than I wanted but whatever. I think $22 for them shipped to 48 states is what I'm looking at. If you don't agree with the cost of my time, I'm open to working something out. If you're somewhere else where shipping will be far more costly, we'll have to work that out too.

IMG_20190720_173525.jpg

I ended up making the PCBs red to match the ALP control set and cpu pcb color. Nothing special, just a little tidbit.

IMG_20190720_180640.jpg

IMG_20190720_170413.jpg

So there are two rj45 connectors. This connects in series to the hifi/regular control set. Then there are two screw terminals. Each one has a ground and a signal. If you tie the signal to ground that simulates pressing a button. The two terminals are labeled pwr and menu.

Finally, two notes. This product contains lead solder. I use lead based solder because in the long run it is better. More reliable in places of high thermal fluctuation and high vibration (ie a car). It's just a bit softer than lead free solder so that it can expand and contract without cracking. If you have any issues with the lead based solder, do not buy one of these.
Second, I take no responsibility for any damage caused to your vehicle or ALP by using this product or by connecting something incorrectly. You take full responsibility for any issues that may arise. That being said, if something goes wrong with the board (it's so very simple that this shouldn't happen. Literally 4 connectors..) I am more than happy to help fix or replace it.

If you are still interested in getting one of these, send me a PM with your address. Some of you have already pmmed me this, but please do it again as an acknowledgement that you've read this thread and because your pm has probably gotten burried. I have 12 of these boards made.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
PM Sent.
Post automatically merged:
Can you link the original thread. What is this?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
See post number 13 on this thread here:

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

Likes Unicorns 🦄
SysOp
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Pm sent, those look great! Conformal coating is way more than I'd expect from a hobbyist too.
I don't half-ass anything I put my name on.. It would be one thing if I was eating the cost and sending them out for free....

If I'm building something for myself, it gets quarter-assed........lol

SquirrelMaster

Likes Unicorns 🦄
SysOp
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Update:

I have shipped out all the boards. I have tracking numbers for all of them except the ones going to Australia. If you want your tracking number, PM me.

titanium

Learning to Drive
General User
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you make more of these at some point, I would love to get one. Very nice work!

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who received one of these boards designed a 3d printed case for them?

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool idea! I wonder if it's something that installers like @12v Nick would benefit from too to help speed up their custom install process. :)

SquirrelMaster

Likes Unicorns 🦄
SysOp
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who received one of these boards designed a 3d printed case for them?
@Tb12 possibly?

Cool idea! I wonder if it's something that installers like @12v Nick would benefit from too to help speed up their custom install process. :)
If any installers are interested, I'll give them the board design files, part numbers, and Gerber file so they can get the pcbs made and assembled themselves.

Tb12

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yep. Not sure how well it'll print on every printer / material, mine was using Nylon+CF on a high end printer. Requires a bit of filing of the grooves to fine tune for conformal coating thickness, but it should be pretty minimal assuming your printer is good :)

Attachments

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
So this may not look 'perty' but I ended up attaching two RJ11 jacks that I took apart from one of these:

1583513601523.png

and wired it up to use with the Safe N Sound1 flat mute buttons http://www.safe-n-sound1.com/Valentine Flat Mute Plug.html for easy access. Works like a charm! Thanks @SquirrelMaster !!

Don't mind the electrical tape. Hopefully will come up with a 3d printed enclosure eventually!

1583514109356.png

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesus359