First the ALP update and now this news!!!! ALP Control Box Rev. 4.0

nighthawk

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Dont get too excited. Only a minor change of more memory. We ran out of memory for additional future radar features we hope to add. No change in Lidar Operation or number of ports.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Phew! My pocket book was trembling for a second there!

WBDubya

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
This thread is starting to sound like a Radenso ProM with arrows thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
This thread is starting to sound like a Radenso ProM with arrows thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not sure why? My post was very clear. Only benefit to US or Canada customers is more memory for added radar functionality. I wanted a way to make a custom car filter for vehicles that emmit K band where K Segementation was not the best option. We needed more memory to add this functionally.

oktavf

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
So no new guns/improvements for LIDAR guns!? In that case since my CPU is deep in my bike I may skip this firmware and curious if I can just update the Bluetooth app that I use ALL the time on the bike with the previous firmware without breaking anything!? :)

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
So no new guns/improvements for LIDAR guns!? In that case since my CPU is deep in my bike I may skip this firmware and curious if I can just update the Bluetooth app that I use ALL the time on the bike with the previous firmware without breaking anything!? :)
See posted notes. There are just some minor bug fixes for HW2 units.

oktavf

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
See posted notes. There are just some minor bug fixes for HW2 units.

I did read it thus my question. I know sometimes ALP just makes changes and doesn't exactly mention it for obvious reasons! ;) Guess I'll update the App and hope it works on the previous version.

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I did read it thus my question. I know sometimes ALP just makes changes and doesn't exactly mention it for obvious reasons! ;) Guess I'll update the App and hope it works on the previous version.
I'm curious because I always use a USB for configuration files...but I thought you could also do it with App so if you have Bluetooth you don't need to use a USB at all.

So I guess it's kind of a question...do you HAVE TO use a USB after reset?

------ Edit Add -------

I just read the other ALP thread, sounds like you can do it all from App.

Last edited:

Deacon

TXCTG
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Dont get too excited. Only a minor change of more memory. We ran out of memory for additional future radar features we hope to add. No change in Lidar Operation or number of ports.
Dang, I was hoping for a slight redesign to consolidate some of the external components like Bluetooth and such :)

oktavf

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm curious because I always use a USB for configuration files...but I thought you could also do it with App so if you have Bluetooth you don't need to use a USB at all.

------ Edit Add -------

Yes you can but the first time your settings start over through the app so I haven't tried it just yet. In theory you would think that you can copy the config file to a folder on your phone and import it into the app but...

Posted from my LM-V350 using the RDF Mobile App!

thanks

for all the fish
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

------ Edit Add -------

Yes, the app can do almost every update, except for the Control Set updates. It even handles the NR updates when needed.

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not sure why? My post was very clear. Only benefit to US or Canada customers is more memory for added radar functionality. I wanted a way to make a custom car filter for vehicles that emmit K band where K Segementation was not the best option. We needed more memory to add this functionally.

BRD, I've noticed that when I activate MRCD on my DSP, I get periodic 24.100 alerts even when there's no traffic around from the front antenna but not the rear one. I drive an Infinity Q50S with radar controlled cruise/collision prevention etc.
Could the custom K filter be a possible solution to my issue?

Posted from my SM-A520W using the RDF Mobile App!

Andrew21

"All Blade, All The Time" RDForum Owner
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
ALP should have an CPU with 12GB of memory in there! LOL Thats enough to do alot actually in the realm of the CM world. But what do I know. :)

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
BRD, I've noticed that when I activate MRCD on my DSP, I get periodic 24.100 alerts even when there's no traffic around from the front antenna but not the rear one. I drive an Infinity Q50S with radar controlled cruise/collision prevention etc.
Could the custom K filter be a possible solution to my issue?

Posted from my SM-A520W using the RDF Mobile App!

The HW4 CPU will allow you to memorize a specific noise level and ignore it so yes it will help but with all filters there are risks but its a much lower risk because its not blocking just the frequency but several variables. I will post more information shortly.

Gatortotz

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Is the control box the CPU or the "control set" (for example hifi/bt)?
I have a HW4 CPU, purchased last week.
1564093120828.png

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
HW4 refers to the CPU itself.

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not trying to ruffle any feathers or create anything here.

What would be nice on that Hw 4.0, smoother throughput betwen the Radar module, BT5.x, and ability to support either 4 front 3 rear RXs or 3 front and 2 rear that transceives when hit with VPRs....and that nice said to be Display. MRCD/CT detection with secondary front that goes below the floor to detect be nice as well.

If R7 design is utilized, my concern that any Radar vendor decided to go above, which they can since the Frequency has been allocated. Potential reasons not used if drifts outside and any ramifications.

I like my setup with the NRDSP and ALP, but find that it is not complete without the above. For the price to pay for the near AIO device, hard to recommend others that rarely provide continual support from vendors that sell as complete (Radenso exempt).

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRCode