Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
ALPConnect™ - Android
Ver. 7.9.A
1. Bug-fixes
Control Box firmware update
Release 5.5.6/8.5
1. Advanced support for new revision of ALP Control Units (ALP Control Box Rev. 4.0) Expected availability by the end of Summer 2019
2. Assisted Radar Filter (ARF) option for filtering car assisted cruise control (ACC) radar signals (available on AL Priority Rev. 4.0 Control Units)
3. Various bug fixes and stability improvements.
4. Occasional Error 10 bug fixed.

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I kinda wondered if there might be something coming with BRD traveling over there...

Got Jeep

Strange days have found us
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
ALP Control Box Rev. 4.0
download.jpg

wirelessandy

It's a very exciting time
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
4.0? I thought the latest was HW version 2. Was there a 3.0?

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
4.0? I thought the latest was HW version 2. Was there a 3.0?

There were some misprints made on accident. I suspect that he’s likely skipping 3.0 for this reason, as those misprints would be confused with the true new v3; Thus, avoid the issue by skipping 3.0 altogether. That is my best guess of the situation.

Citation: ALP Gen 12 - HW v3

Majbha

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Guys, after I updated it via bluetooth. It kept saying "Warning. Restore defaults and memorize sensor." What does it mean? I'm fairly new to ALP still.

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Guys, after I updated it via bluetooth. It kept saying "Warning. Restore defaults and memorize sensor." What does it mean? I'm fairly new to ALP still.
It means use the control pad menu/ (bluetooth can do it as well i think) to navigate to item 5 (i believe) which is reset defaults and memorize sensors. (see Welcome - AL PRIORITY® Firmware Solutions first item under setup section) It will factory reset the unit and relearn the sensors you have connected. after that is complete reload your configuration file so it has you settings as the reset wipes out your settings and it will be in parking only mode.

Majbha

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It means use the control pad menu/ (bluetooth can do it as well i think) to navigate to item 5 (i believe) which is reset defaults and memorize sensors. (see Welcome - AL PRIORITY® Firmware Solutions first item under setup section) It will factory reset the unit and relearn the sensors you have connected. after that is complete reload your configuration file so it has you settings as the reset wipes out your settings and it will be in parking only mode.
How come we have to do this after each firmware update? It gives me the warning but it still functions properly. I thought we are not supposed to make the alp re-memorize the heads unless you're setting the alp for the first time.

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Depends on what they had to do in the firmware update i suppose, I havent had it in every update (though I have an older CPU and no Hifi/bluetooth). Option 6 relearns the sensor without resetting. It's typically good form to reset and reload the settings after a firmware upgrade to ensure that everything is perfectly functional. It's recommended on RD's as well just to make sure when all the files are applying that nothing gets messed up.

midd

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
First and First, the Nexus of the Universe
It's been a while since we got that alert. I'm assuming you had to do it this time as more sensor inputs are being added to the version 4 control box.

How come we have to do this after each firmware update? It gives me the warning but it still functions properly. I thought we are not supposed to make the alp re-memorize the heads unless you're setting the alp for the first time.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Dont get too excited. Only a minor change of more memory. We ran out of memory for additional future radar features we hope to add. No change in Lidar Operation or number of ports.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I am very excited what future will bring with 4.0.
Cant say more due to verbal NDO with AL.
:bmwman::cheerleader::drinking::happyanim:

Majbha

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It's been a while since we got that alert. I'm assuming you had to do it this time as more sensor inputs are being added to the version 4 control box.
Good assumption.
Post automatically merged:
Depends on what they had to do in the firmware update i suppose, I havent had it in every update (though I have an older CPU and no Hifi/bluetooth). Option 6 relearns the sensor without resetting. It's typically good form to reset and reload the settings after a firmware upgrade to ensure that everything is perfectly functional. It's recommended on RD's as well just to make sure when all the files are applying that nothing gets messed up.
Thanks man. Looks like bluetooth does have a setting for reset and memorize heads.

Raidercraig

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just updated new firmware, I had to factory reset and then downloaded my settings. Pretty weird as this was the first update needing a factory reset. Any reason why ?
All good now

SquirrelMaster

Likes Unicorns 🦄
Administrator
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just updated new firmware, I had to factory reset and then downloaded my settings. Pretty weird as this was the first update needing a factory reset. Any reason why ?
All good now
It happens from time to time. New firmware versions require a new config file that has more or different options set up before they're enabled. Kind of a framework.

So resetting defaults forces you to upgrade your config file, even if you made no changes to it.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRCode