Likes Unicorns 🦄
ModSec
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yo Squirrelmaster!
Can I have your permission (if it was you) to add your thread with the dissected controller into the controller section here in first post for all to have easy access?
Think it was you who shot pic of an open controller. Correct me if I'm wrong. Cheers.
Gopher it.

I may have one still gutted on my desk. Ill see if i can snap some more pics for you.

I'll also look for the full reverse engineering i did on the control set as that has more info.

Heres the hifi CS
Screenshot_20200802-210034.jpg

And gps
IMG_20191030_231631.jpg

Last edited:

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Added to first post. Thanks for this.
Thread not far off finished, or should say probably past the halfway mark by now.
Few minor missing bits in between, but slowly but surely getting there.

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Added to first post. Thanks for this.
Thread not far off finished, or should say probably past the halfway mark by now.
Few minor missing bits in between, but slowly but surely getting there.
I know it's already been said, but thank you for compiling the info. :thanks:

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I know it's already been said, but thank you for compiling the info. :thanks:
Man, I appreciate it. I just found a way to contribute to rdf, and although it's an effort compiled from multiple users here, I'm happy to organise it in one place.
Threads on various fixes were tough to search, especially with different titles, multiple pages and posts and photos. Got difficult hunting around and lots of scattered pieces all over the place. Dumping it in one spot made it easier for reference and hope users come back to it long term whenever it's needed. I hope to eventually slim it down. Fair bit of small talk amongst it all and some missing things on cable gauge ect, small stuff, but over time it should compile in full hopefully. Glad it's useful and I always shout out contributers and give credit where it's due for their efforts.
Post automatically merged:

Believe it or not, this is all typed by a Tuxedo cat with careful paw placement for treats. He's getting fat though and I try to keep him moving otherwise he types like thisssssssssssssssssssssssss

Last edited:

gsx1200

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
If this is the only difference between a simple controller and a hi-fi controller, can you talk about soldering a low-power speaker and installing an audio package?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200802-210034.jpg
    Screenshot_20200802-210034.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 41

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If this is the only difference between a simple controller and a hi-fi controller, can you talk about soldering a low-power speaker and installing an audio package?
Well... Basically all you'd probably be looking for is the +&- off the headphone jack for the audio. I've not seen a Hifi controller in the flesh or the speaker, but sure someone has on here. I'd presume the speaker is powered and tapped into the fusebox somewhere, and doubt it's powered off the controller but I could be wrong. Having not seen one myself I can't really comment, but hang out here for a bit and it will turn up no doubt.

Last edited:

belnir

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@Saussie
The original ALP weatherproofed connector is an Amphenol LTW. For example, the Connector from the ALP-Sensor is labeled with "ALTW".
A few days before, a bought 2 connectors, female and male with this Amphenol part numbers:
AU-06BFFA-LL7001
AU-06BMMA-LL7001

Both connected perfect to the original ALP Counterparts.
I want to install a sensor in the luggage compartment door, and there is almost no place to get one of the ALP Connectors through the bellows. But the cable alone should go through, afterwards i can solder the amphenol connector to the cable. I bought a 6-pin LiYY-Cable to build my own Extension cable.
Can you attach the link to cable you have used

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Can you attach the link to cable you have used
Sure,
6 colours available here, but different to alp wire colours, so you'll have to substitute. Various awg available. Took me ages to locate this based on cost effectiveness and without buying massive rolls. Shop around though in your area by all means. 10 metres x 6 colours should be ample for 2-3 cables. Be aware, this won't slide into a modular rj connector as the insulation is too thick. You'll have to use something else and solder this onto it. The rj is inside the car, so that's no heat issue. Use this in the engine bay area.
If you're in USA, this method might not be worth your while. Outside USA, if willing to bother making it, use this and you'll double to triple the heat rating for your effort, if you use fibreglass sheathing with it.
Personally, USA people should just buy an original cable. Unless you're experiencing heat issues or difficulty obtaining one, only then try this.
Support your local vendor, unless they can't support you or out of stock or something.

Last edited:

REVNURAZR

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The Hifi control set doesn't have an external power supply.

Same connections as the regular control set, just the addition of the 3.5mm headphone jack and I presume an amplifier on the PCB.

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Sure,
6 colours available here, but different to alp wire colours, so you'll have to substitute. Various gauges available. Took me ages to locate this based on cost effectiveness and without buying massive rolls. Shop around though in your area by all means. 10 metres x 6 colours should be ample for 2-3 cables.
The Hifi control set doesn't have an external power supply.

Same connections as the regular control set, just the addition of the 3.5mm headphone jack and I presume an amplifier on the PCB.

Yeah, I wondered where the so called amp was. Unsure if it was in the actual speaker or the controller. Which is why I wondered if the speaker was hard-wired to the fusebox, or the controller handles the lot.
Cheers for confirmation. Much appreciated.

Last edited:

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I think this is all finished in the first post (finally!).
If I've missed anything, let me know. Looks to me like it needs tidying up and a few minor things added. Looking like a complete cable fix compile, except for the female connector on NR DSP. If anyone knows what this connector is, I'll add it to the fix, as I suggested the amphenol 4 pin male and female to match the other cables.
Only other thing... The older netradar... Is that the same connector type as dsp? Probably the only thing missing as well.
Big huge mega thanks to everyone that chipped in their 2cents to help make this happen for the RDF community!
I sincerely appreciate all effort (minor and major), and hope past and future users will find it helpful at some stage.
:bravo::thanks::dance::userbar34:

REVNURAZR

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I'll post a pic of the NRO antenna plug tomorrow. It uses a DIN style connector - the same as the older gen ALP sensors (although 4 pins VS 6)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karamany