Lean/Front end dive brake test!?

oktavf

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
So I had this crazy thought the last few days. Has anybody tested with the bike leaned/slammed on the brake? What I mean by that is testing for say when your in a corner on the highway and boom LIDAR hit. Seeing ALP does the "highest" coverage at 15 degrees is that really enough when coming out of a turn on a bike?? Obviously depending how leaned over you are is a huge variable but. Also most bikes when brakes are applied hard dive especially the stock suspension bikes... :drinking:

IPA

Gimme Shelter
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Is this isolated to only bikes?

oktavf

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Is this isolated to only bikes?

Nose dive not really but I think the front end dives a lot more on a bike then a car. And lean angle yes ALOT more so on a bike then a car! ;)

studio1930

but it goes to 11
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I plan on testing this with my recently installed TPX system. I am looking for good roads to test the lean and I will be testing lane changes and nosedives. I'll get as much on video as I can. I will also test a few mini wheelies just for sh*ts. :) My guess is that the easy guns (PL3/4) will be jammed and the harder ones will PT (TSS, DEC...).

-Studio1930

The Pope

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
And lean angle yes ALOT more so on a bike then a car! ;)
Yes..... this is just entering a corner, not to mention scraping the pegs mid corner. Any "Sport Bike" is capable of leaning over more than 45°.

Attachments

• 382659.jpg
    382659.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 116

oktavf

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes..... this is just entering a corner, not to mention scraping the pegs mid corner. Any "Sport Bike" is capable of leaning over more than 45°.

Double yes! :cheerleader:

Last edited:

kadafrogg

Advanced User
Reaction score
Love my new bike in the corners after years and years on full dresser trying not to tear the sides of the bike off just riding relaxed on those bikes you go into every corner like your doing 100 same point into the corner look for exit out of corner , were you loo the bike goes I'd you don't ride one , newbies do some funny stuff because there looking at were they do not want to go so bike goes there also keep your head level to the road
Sorry off topic

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

kadafrogg

Advanced User
Reaction score
So I had this crazy thought the last few days. Has anybody tested with the bike leaned/slammed on the brake? What I mean by that is testing for say when your in a corner on the highway and boom LIDAR hit. Seeing ALP does the "highest" coverage at 15 degrees is that really enough when coming out of a turn on a bike?? Obviously depending how leaned over you are is a huge variable but. Also most bikes when brakes are applied hard dive especially the stock suspension bikes... :drinking:
You have me a maybe stupid idea but get a digital lean angle that tracks lean angles find advantage lean angle and place head at that angle, like 1 head front/rear maybe dumb, think there is a lean angle app for motorcycles. Would have to look it up again I'm pretty sure there is such an app.
Just my 2 cents

kadafrogg

Advanced User
Reaction score
Mount your CM on a self levelling swivel, like a cup holder on a boat. :roflolmao:
LMFAO [emoji23]

oktavf

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not a bad idea actually! ;)

Posted from my LM-V350 using the RDF Mobile App!

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
A good Shooter(w/ a steady hand) will have no trouble finding a weakness. I've Tested several Moto's over the years & have no trouble obtaining a P/T even w/ CM for defense. Of course, this is w/ multiple runs during Testing & I'll find the holes (found against member @itwasntme ). However, on an initial approach to a real encounter against a LEO it would be a roll of the dice depending on their skill level.

"itwasntme" had the best Moto ALP defense( I've seen) set-up, but I still nailed his ass multiple times by shooting where not expected !

Can't find the Testing thread @CJR238 & I did in Danbury,CT 3yrs ago.

Here's one I did find:

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Can we design the CM holder to rotate up 90 degrees for when Gatso coverage is needed?? :worms: :p

studio1930

but it goes to 11
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Corner testing completed:

TheSkyIsFalling

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
As a cool test that this would be

I thinks pretty beyond the realm of 99% laser encounters. I have always ridden on 2 wheels with the thoughts that cops aren’t going to nail u on corners. They will nail u on straights because that’s where ppl can open it up. Lots of ppl slow down way slower than they need to go to make a corner. But they instantly speed on the straights.

For me on 2 wheels. I’m fast in the corners and then slow back on straights.

oktavf

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
As a cool test that this would be

I thinks pretty beyond the realm of 99% laser encounters. I have always ridden on 2 wheels with the thoughts that cops aren’t going to nail u on corners. They will nail u on straights because that’s where ppl can open it up. Lots of ppl slow down way slower than they need to go to make a corner. But they instantly speed on the straights.

For me on 2 wheels. I’m fast in the corners and then slow back on straights.

In Georgia right after a corner or over a hill is a popular kill zone with a DE in hand to boot at times...

TheSkyIsFalling

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
In Georgia right after a corner or over a hill is a popular kill zone with a DE in hand to boot at times...

Is it like that on any corner. Or just a particular corner ?

Here and Edmonton. We have a city road call groat road where it’s a series of twists. Cars and bikes love to rip down it. And cops will set up where they can’t be seen. (From behind or on a hill) and shoot them on short straight segments. And then radio ahead

oktavf

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Is it like that on any corner. Or just a particular corner ?

Here and Edmonton. We have a city road call groat road where it’s a series of twists. Cars and bikes love to rip down it. And cops will set up where they can’t be seen. (From behind or on a hill) and shoot them on short straight segments. And then radio ahead

Its not always that way but they like to get you right after a corner on the highway as you can't see them till its almost too late! They are beyond slick here in Georgia!

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If you're going to test it, make sure you have lean sensing ABS, or full insurance. Panic braking while leaned is the best way to low side.
But, as TSiF said, cops rarely use Lidar on corner entry, unless it's really high speed corners and they're targeting bikes.

oktavf

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you're going to test it, make sure you have lean sensing ABS, or full insurance. Panic braking while leaned is the best way to low side.
But, as TSiF said, cops rarely use Lidar on corner entry, unless it's really high speed corners and they're targeting bikes.

Or just know how to ride!? LOL most expierenced/long time riders KNOW not to do that as it upsets the suspension and bad things happen! Once you have a suspension upset mid corner you learn quick what to do and not to do! ;)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tap053