Would you pay 1K plus for a Radenso that was completely immune to BSM?

Isst

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just making sure noobs understand correctly.

BSM, Blind Spot Monitor, is a feature of a vehicle and whether or not it is an issue for someone is determined by the models of vehicles you encounter (are they equipped with the BSM feature) and how frequently you encounter them.

While where you live could determine the model vehicles in your area, BSM is a feature of a vehicle not of geography.
I know what it is. I’m currently using a R7 and it’s quiet enough for me. I’m excited about Theia ... I was just answering the original question. $1000 is a lot to get rid of BSM. If the detector has a great ability to warn you of oncoming radar maybe then $1000 is ok. But needs to be more then just BSM.

TonyPHX

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score

BSM, Blind Spot Monitor, is a feature of a vehicle and whether or not it is an issue for someone is determined by the models of vehicles you encounter (are they equipped with the BSM feature) and how frequently you encounter them.

While where you live could determine the model vehicles in your area, BSM is a feature of a vehicle not of geography.
noobs eh?

MikePA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I know what it is. I’m currently using a R7 and it’s quiet enough for me. I’m excited about Theia ... I was just answering the original question. $1000 is a lot to get rid of BSM. If the detector has a great ability to warn you of oncoming radar maybe then $1000 is ok. But needs to be more then just BSM.
I was not accusing you of being a noob, rather it was meant for others who could read your post and conclude BSM was a function of where someone lives.
noobs eh?
If the shoe fits.... :)

speeder

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Well if cops pretty much only use Ka 34.7 guns, e.g. in California, BSMs aren't much of a problem.

Deacon

TXCTG
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
whether or not it is an issue for someone is determined by the models of vehicles you encounter (are they equipped with the BSM feature) and how frequently you encounter them.
Equally important is which frequencies they’re operating on and whether that overlaps threats you face either locally or when road tripping.

Well if cops pretty much only use Ka 34.7 guns, e.g. in California, BSMs aren't much of a problem.
Exactly.

I think there are two types of people when it comes to detectors...
There are way more than two types.

Right now we tend to have the type 1 people on this forum trying to push their agenda...
Their agenda? That a better radar detector is better? I’m not sure how that qualifies as an agenda. Zero falses is objectively better. I’m not convinced that’s even a matter of opinion.

Human intelligence and experience, can be hard to beat!
No it’s not. It’s required to operate any detector (and still will be with Theia to some extent), but every false is a bug, not a feature. It doesn’t benefit the human operator in any way to have those false alerts if they could otherwise be eliminated.

CobawLT2010

Land of the quarantined, home of the afraid.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It will advance the industry... I’m just not sure if I’ll be willing to pay the price right now... I might... when things settle down. So will others, I’m sure...

Token

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I am in California, I have to worry about Ka, K, and X. Most of CA only has to deal with Ka, but small local pockets also have K, like the local city PD which has both K and Ka. And the local military base here still has an X band gun that they apparently just pulled out of storage.

T!

WalterTheRadarWizard9999

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just because someone can build it, set a price for it.. also doesn't it'll be profitable..

Not just exchange rate, (because the Pro M is not $450 x 1.35 = $607.50CAD, it's $700CAD). $1000USD would be closer to $1500+ CAD.

Also, how do we know an F-16 doesn't false to BSMs? Show us the dashcam footage of one driving through rush hour traffic full of Subarus, Honda/Acuras, and Ford F150s.. ;)
😂😂
Post automatically merged:

I was driving through Ohio and spotted Jon testing out the new Radenso detector:
View attachment 122055
😂😂

Last edited:

Magneto

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I spotted Jon working it out.

pie-eating.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

TonyPHX

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I was not accusing you of being a noob, rather it was meant for others who could read your post and conclude BSM was a function of where someone lives.

If the shoe fits.... :)
does it though?

Sean

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hah, I want to be clear - when I said the technology was there, I was speaking in a very generic sense along the lines of what I said in the video with Vortex. For example, F16 fighter jets do not false alert to BSMs! But putting that into a detector that is affordable is a whole different ballgame.
Well, to be fair, on those occasions that I've passed an F16 with my turbo Sc00by, I've not really been throwing a bunch of BSM pollution out there, because I'm a responsible car and detector owner. :D

DrHow

Going “Plaid” (Tesla S). RDT refugee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Human intelligence and experience, can be hard to beat!

I agree with this, and feel that of course there will be the person who is happy to pay for such a RD. Nothing wrong with that!

If it had "7" in front of it, now that would make things really interesting.
I think in this day and age, we do not need to live with limits in this area. Sure, hard to transform the current ecosystem With something that does the unicorn thing. Radenso is taking big calculated swing at this. I do not like the limits today. Will be buying Theia. If meets expectations, will NEVER go back to limits. Maybe for some nostalgia runs, will run with Chatty Cathys (as a hobbyist). That’s it.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think in this day and age, we do not need to live with limits in this area. Sure, hard to transform the current ecosystem With something that does the unicorn thing. Radenso is taking big calculated swing at this. I do not like the limits today. Will be buying Theia. If meets expectations, will NEVER go back to limits. Maybe for some nostalgia runs, will run with Chatty Cathys (as a hobbyist). That’s it.

haha, if Theia delivers on expectations, I’m gonna have shelves full of detectors that have been replaced in one fell swoop...

Even if it’s not perfect out of the gate (and I understand not every feature will be ready at launch), I expect Radenso will be on point with listening to their customers and tackling issues, especially with their in house engineers.

It’ll still be helpful to test other detectors for people who don’t want to spend $200 or $500 and not whatever Theia costs, but if it weren’t for the whole review thing, there won’t be a purpose to run anything else except for those nostalgic kicks. Heck I ran the V1 Gen1 today and that was still fun. :)

DrHow

Going “Plaid” (Tesla S). RDT refugee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
haha, if Theia delivers on expectations, I’m gonna have shelves full of detectors that have been replaced in one fell swoop...

Even if it’s not perfect out of the gate (and I understand not every feature will be ready at launch), I expect Radenso will be on point with listening to their customers and tackling issues, especially with their in house engineers.

It’ll still be helpful to test other detectors for people who don’t want to spend $200 or $500 and not whatever Theia costs, but if it weren’t for the whole review thing, there won’t be a purpose to run anything else except for those nostalgic kicks. Heck I ran the V1 Gen1 today and that was still fun. :)
I did calculate using the word limits several times. In honor of “No limits” two word description Radenso uses describe their strategy. 😎😷. Cannot wait to see what they have cooked up on the initial run. Yea, they will keep tweaking UI and function. However, transformation out of the gate is their goal. That is what I am counting on. Bet they will get it done.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itzik