Would you pay 1K plus for a Radenso that was completely immune to BSM?

Disco47

Roll Tide
Beginner User
Reaction score

giphy.gif

Isst

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I spoke to Jon and he told me that the technology is available today to manufacture a dash mounted radar detector that would be immune to all BSM systems and also have the range and functions people want.
Question:
Would you be willing to pay for that dash mounted detector if it was avilable today....at a cost of 1K plus?
I would.
No. BSM isn't really an issue where I live and drive.

MikePA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
No. BSM isn't really an issue where I live and drive.
Just making sure noobs understand correctly.

BSM, Blind Spot Monitor, is a feature of a vehicle and whether or not it is an issue for someone is determined by the models of vehicles you encounter (are they equipped with the BSM feature) and how frequently you encounter them.

While where you live could determine the model vehicles in your area, BSM is a feature of a vehicle not of geography.

CPB

Left Lane for Passing Only
Advanced User
Reaction score

BSM, Blind Spot Monitor, is a feature of a vehicle and whether or not it is an issue for someone is determined by the models of vehicles you encounter (are they equipped with the BSM feature) and how frequently you encounter them.

While where you live could determine the model vehicles in your area, BSM is a feature of a vehicle not of geography.
No BSM issues in Cuba. ;)

Disco47

Roll Tide
Beginner User
Reaction score
BSM isn't an issue in my area either. Most of the crackheads around here drive Oldsmobiles.

download.jpeg

Last edited:

Disco47

Roll Tide
Beginner User
Reaction score
No... Not for me. I won't pay over $800 for a detector.

cihkal

♟️ WWG1WGA ⛈️
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Nah, but that's just me. In general though, after this year I've kinda shifted on what I want to spend my money on. 🤷

CobawLT2010

Land of the quarantined, home of the afraid.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

You know I think there are two types of people when it comes to detectors...

Type one throws it out the door if they get a single false... And there are those who use the information that a unit provides... I have driven in Chicago with a G1V1 and with junk K filter found it to be liveable...

Right now we tend to have the type 1 people on this forum trying to push their agenda... While I'm not saying this is wrong... It's not for everyone. Some people can be tolerable of falses... Especially if you have been in this game for YEARS and don't want to pay an arm and a leg. My family finds it fascinating that I can almost immediately tell a false from a true threat...

cihkal

♟️ WWG1WGA ⛈️
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
You know I think there are two types of people when it comes to detectors...

Type one throws it out the door if they get a single false... And there are those who use the information that a unit provides... I have driven in Chicago with a G1V1 and with junk K filter found it to be liveable...

Right now we tend to have the type 1 people on this forum trying to push their agenda... While I'm not saying this is wrong... It's not for everyone. Some people can be tolerable of falses... Especially if you have been in this game for YEARS and don't want to pay an arm and a leg. My family finds it fascinating that I can almost immediately tell a false from a true threat...
Human intelligence and experience, can be hard to beat!

I agree with this, and feel that of course there will be the person who is happy to pay for such a RD. Nothing wrong with that!

If it had "7" in front of it, now that would make things really interesting.

CobawLT2010

Land of the quarantined, home of the afraid.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Human intelligence and experience, can be hard to beat!

I agree with this, and feel that of course there will be the person who is happy to pay for such a RD. Nothing wrong with that!

If it had "7" in front of it, now that would make things really interesting.
Yeah, I'm not saying it's wrong either way. It's just times are tough right now... And I'm not sure I can justify a purchase at this time. I wouldn't say I'm hurting... More the opposite. But what I'm saying is my priority's are not on this atm. And for those struggling... You really don't need this if you want to be safe on the streets from the revenue generator's.

cihkal

♟️ WWG1WGA ⛈️
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not saying it's wrong either way. It's just times are tough right now... And I'm not sure I can justify a purchase at this time. I wouldn't say I'm hurting for me... But what I'm saying is my priority's are not on this atm. And for those struggling... You really don't need this if you want to be safe on the streets from the revenue generator's.
That's my mentality as well. I think such an RD is really interesting, but I'm now much more focused on more important, to me, aspects of my life.

It's interesting how quickly things in life can change!

fishing66

Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Pie?

Magneto

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
What bugs me most about this entire matter.... When you are served pie and not asked for a dollup of ice cream or whipped cream. Pie don't work that way. It's required for all you clueless newbies.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Magneto you had me at dollup.

Most people think a pair of 80lb monoblocks that require 240V is unnecessary. Nearly all think 5 for that part of "5.1" is ridiculous. Some people think Michelin tires are too much. One guy buys a $20 knife from Walmart and another goes with Chris Reeve. Any hillbilly can get a deer with a 30-30 but a few prefer a 300 Weatherby. Having visited both sides of all those examples I'm happy someone had the balls to risk building Theia.

My family finds it fascinating that I can almost immediately tell a false from a true threat...
That's because you, sir, are advanced.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olemil