Would you pay 1K plus for a Radenso that was completely immune to BSM?

mbsl500

Completing TPS reports
Advanced User
Reaction score
I spoke to Jon and he told me that the technology is available today to manufacture a dash mounted radar detector that would be immune to all BSM systems and also have the range and functions people want.
Question:
Would you be willing to pay for that dash mounted detector if it was avilable today....at a cost of 1K plus?
I would.

IPA

Gimme Shelter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yes if it also had arrows and ability to link to an app

I would not hesitate after a test proving its worth

user

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I would.

LkC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yes!

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Hah, I want to be clear - when I said the technology was there, I was speaking in a very generic sense along the lines of what I said in the video with Vortex. For example, F16 fighter jets do not false alert to BSMs! But putting that into a detector that is affordable is a whole different ballgame.

mbsl500

Completing TPS reports
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hah, I want to be clear - when I said the technology was there, I was speaking in a very generic sense along the lines of what I said in the video with Vortex. For example, F16 fighter jets do not false alert to BSMs! But putting that into a detector that is affordable is a whole different ballgame.

Affordable is relative. :)
I have no doubt that those who could afford it would buy it.

tempnexus

Breaking The Social Norm One Post at a time
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score
I spoke to Jon and he told me that the technology is available today to manufacture a dash mounted radar detector that would be immune to all BSM systems and also have the range and functions people want.
Question:
Would you be willing to pay for that dash mounted detector if it was avilable today....at a cost of 1K plus?
I would.
Only if it came with the new Apple Monitor stand.

but no, I would not since BSM will continually change as the automakers decide to shift things around, so yeah it might be immune today but not tomorrow...so the word "totally" might be lost in few months.

poolmon

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Depends on how much the "plus" is, but generally yes if it had:
accurate responsive arrows, directional GPS alerts, at least monthly GPS database updates (paid is ok), both manual and auto lockouts (with large data storage), was stealthy, and, was not much larger than the current windshield models. Don't care if it has laser band or not as that's for the shifters to deal with. Super distance is not that important just enough to reasonably handle existing radar/GPS threats. The more it could filter reliably and the more it included on this list, the more I'd pay. I don't need it to connect to my phone or any wireless, just be a self contained and easily updatable via computer. A solid magnetic mount is always a plus.

Last edited:

tempnexus

Breaking The Social Norm One Post at a time
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score
Yeah but can Radenso pull an inverted negative 4G dive?

You know, just in case you want to communicate with the Police officer and keeping up the relations?

Last edited:

grayman

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yes

TominVirginia

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yeah but can Radenso pull a inverted negative 4G dive?

You know, just in case you want to communicate with the Police officer and keeping up the relations.
Nice one Goose.

Better watch it or with old guys this could devolve into a Top Gun quote thread.
Post automatically merged:
There isn't a remote detector on the market less than that so having the portability and the functionality, throw in RDD immunity and you have my $$$

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Yeah but can Radenso pull a inverted negative 4G dive?
Nice one Goose.

Better watch it or with old guys this could devolve into a Top Gun quote thread.

I dunno, sometimes I think people have "lost that loving feeling" for detectors. But other times, I think people "feel the need....the need for speed." Especially when a significant other tells them to "take them to bed or they will lose them forever...."....

When I think about making a super expensive detector, I am tempted, but Randy always tells me "No. No, Jon, this is not a good idea." But then I think to myself, "You up for this one, Jon?" Because at the end of the day, my grandpa told me, "Remember boys, no points for second place."

Last edited:

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
No.

Reactions: skd

synistyr

I need more coffee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just because someone can build it, set a price for it.. also doesn't it'll be profitable..

Not just exchange rate, (because the Pro M is not $450 x 1.35 = $607.50CAD, it's $700CAD). $1000USD would be closer to $1500+ CAD.

Also, how do we know an F-16 doesn't false to BSMs? Show us the dashcam footage of one driving through rush hour traffic full of Subarus, Honda/Acuras, and Ford F150s.. ;)

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Also, how do we know an F-16 doesn't false to BSMs? Show us the dashcam footage of one driving through rush hour traffic full of Subarus, Honda/Acuras, and Ford F150s.. ;)

Haha, you'll have to trust me on that I guess. Modern military radar works off of fingerprinting, not off dumb amplitude over time within a selected frequency band like our radar detectors do.

mbsl500

Completing TPS reports
Advanced User
Reaction score
Haha, you'll have to trust me on that I guess. Modern military radar works off of fingerprinting, not off dumb amplitude over time within a selected frequency band like our radar detectors do.

Come on Jon, if Rockwell Collins can do it so can you. :)

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedHook