So I bought the new Adaptiv Technologies TPX laser jammer

kensteele

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
...and I don't feel 100% great about the purchase; thinking of cancelling.

If I am going to spend the big bucks, it better be great! I've always wanted an ALP but it's expensive and I wasn't quite sure. Then I saw Vortex on the new TPX, I thought the price is right, works on just about everything, at least have some DE protection (I believe I live in DE territory) but I have other concerns like the size and separation. My bike is not very big and there's not a lot of space. Does anyone have any experience with TPX? It's bike specific but does the group continue to recommend ALP? What are you thoughts on this impulse buy and taking a chance?

spongebobradarpants

aka "The Grouch"
Advanced User
Reaction score
Last edited:

tempnexus

Breaking The Social Norm One Post at a time
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score
...and I don't feel 100% great about the purchase; thinking of cancelling.

If I am going to spend the big bucks, it better be great! I've always wanted an ALP but it's expensive and I wasn't quite sure. Then I saw Vortex on the new TPX, I thought the price is right, works on just about everything, at least have some DE protection (I believe I live in DE territory) but I have other concerns like the size and separation. My bike is not very big and there's not a lot of space. Does anyone have any experience with TPX? It's bike specific but does the group continue to recommend ALP? What are you thoughts on this impulse buy and taking a chance?
it's a rebranded TMG with a different firmware

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
So this is a brand new product that isn't even out yet. I did a quick test with it, yeah, but by no means was that intended to be an exhaustive test. Heck, I tested on an SUV, not a motorcycle. :p

If you want to buy one today, by all means go ahead. Yes it's cheaper than the ALP, but you also need to keep in mind that you're going to be an early adopter. If you want to go for the guaranteed known jammer, step up and get an ALP. If you want to save some money, especially if you're going to test to see how protected you are and you're going to share your results so we can all benefit, then take the chance and go for a TPX.

Until we get a lot more test data in, it's hard to properly recommend the jammer one way or another. It's why we're all depending on early adopters who are willing to go for it and see how things stand.

Last edited:

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
it's a rebranded TMG with a different firmware
are you joking or are you sure
Post automatically merged:
So this is a brand new product that isn't even out yet. I did a quick test with it, yeahm, but by no means was that intended to be an exhaustive test. Heck, I tested on an SUV, not a motorcycle. :p

If you want to buy one today, by all means go ahead. Yes it's cheaper than the ALP, but you also need to keep in mind that you're going to be an early adopter. If you want to go for the guaranteed known jammer, step up and get an ALP. If you want to save some money, especially if you're going to test to see how protected you are and you're going to share your results so we can all benefit, then take the chance and go for a TPX.

Until we get a lot more test data in, it's hard to properly recommend the jammer one way or another. It's why we're all depending on early adopters who are willing to go for it and see how things stand.
for one test I was surprised, and impressed.

tempnexus

Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score
are you joking or are you sure
for one test I was surprised, and impressed.
Based on the info I am 80% sure.

tempnexus

Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score

Rossm812

Constantly Learning...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Something to weigh on is that knowing buying into this product you are an early adopter while ALP may cost you a lot more - as BRD already has said in another thread the folks who bought their systems in 2013 are still receiving updates and effectively jamming more modern guns. This means that a new system will likely net you much longer use with more frequent updates while with adaptive you may never see an update we just don't know.

studio1930

but it goes to 11
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Based on the info I am 80% sure.
You probably should have included that with your first post instead of stating it as fact. I'm glad Vortex doesn't make unverified claims.

I'm an early adopter, and I know there is risk. I'm okay with that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Don't believe everything you read.

Alp? :kittyshifty:
no that's not what I was going to say. It's hard to find solid answers sometimes. Seems money sometimes affects people ability to tell the truth. I just didnt want to say that and get reported by some easly offended soul.

meismyname

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
The TPX is definitely not a rebranded TMG lol. Not only are the heads and CPU different (TPX uses mini-USB connectors and maxes out at 3 heads), it has different performance characteristics as well. Plus we've been told that TPX is made in South Korea.

Based on literally any of the information available, I can't see how you'd draw the conclusion that it's the same as TMG.

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Autotech198

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
even three heads is way more than most people need. Considering how small most bikes are
Why do you need a jammer for a bike? Typically troopers won't bothers a sports bike. Too fast to play with and no risk to cars.

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Why do you need a jammer for a bike? Typically troopers won't bothers a sports bike. Too fast to play with and no risk to cars.
huh just for clarity are you saying cops dont use lidar again bikes?

venom690

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I bought it too, for the price you really can not beat it, i am willing to give it a shot based on Vortex tests , he tested it on a car and did well even against DE , with a front license plate, I cannot imagine it being worse on a motorcycle with no front plate and smaller head lights as well as a much smaller foot print, if you want , cancel your order and as soon as I get it and install it I will be running some tests with someone from this forum and post our results and then you can make your decision .

Another big extra for this jammer is that it has a visual alert and it is water proof , we will see .

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

venom690

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Humm..although it is true that troopers do cut some slack to motorcyclist it does not mean they will not pull you over if you are doing 100 mph down i95 , plus not all of us are on crutch rockets or willing to run from the police.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Floorshaker