I want K narrow to top out @ 24.195..

crabu2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I don't know what's going on but K block is starting to feel like no block.

This past week, I feel like every bsm false, outside of Mazda is in the K block range... Ok there were a few around 24.160.. but the vast majority have been where K block should have been filtering them out.

Is there something in the gas that these cars are drinking? Because as it stands, since there's seems to be nothing being done about actual BSM filtering, I wish Uniden would just take the high end of K Narrow to 24.195... And that's on all the R series detectors...

One last thing... I have gotten a verifiable radar hit all week... All the Ka hits seem to be off a side street, and is short lived... and all the K has been BSM..

Elcid2015

Late for my own funeral
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score

This past week, I feel like every bsm false, outside of Mazda is in the K block range... Ok there were a few around 24.160.. but the vast majority have been where K block should have been filtering them out.

Is there something in the gas that these cars are drinking? Because as it stands, since there's seems to be nothing being done about actual BSM filtering, I wish Uniden would just take the high end of K Narrow to 24.195... And that's on all the R series detectors...

One last thing... I have gotten a verifiable radar hit all week... All the Ka hits seem to be off a side street, and is short lived... and all the K has been BSM..
Are you running MRCD on?

meismyname

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've said this for the last year at least. Even if they don't want to shrink narrow for fear of missing a legit threat, give us "K Narrow 2" or "K Super Narrow". It's an easy change that doesn't make the menu any longer and would make a lot of both enthusiasts and normal users happy. A lot of people would consider a 5mhz haircut on K an acceptable risk for the increased silence.

Mad Hatter

Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score

You seem to have TONS of issues with your R7, based on posts you've made over the last month or two. Sell it? I haven't had a PT in the K block range (MRCD off) in a heavy BSM/K band false environment. Just my experience. Sounds like you should move on to something else.

Last edited:

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
A little off topic @crabu2 but someone might find this helpful.
I know that you are generally against apps, but it's moments like this where it might very well be worth the "perceived hassle" even if the phone stays in your pocket.

I have 3 basic muted K-band filters: (And there's some new BSM specific magic settings going on too, but I'm not going to elaborate on that)
24.120 to 24.130
24.160 to 24.175
24.194 to 24.212

At any time I want;
inside the house, in the car, waiting in line for a movie, etc. I can change any of those filters.
If I want to change 24.160 to 24.164 or 24.157 for example, it's just a few screen taps away from being changed to what I want. This basic feature exists in at least 3 of the 4 apps I can use and has existed for 5+ years.
Additionally, I have options for punch-through and direction that can be applied to those filters.

Contrast that to the process of requesting a change, hoping they agree, them implementing the change, firmware released, etc.
What if the requested change is not quite right? We click the screen a few times and change it again... A few minutes vs months.

I really would like to see all manufacturers allow app use. Issues like the topic of this thread could be a thing of the past.

Last edited:

crabu2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You seem to have TONS of issues with your R7, based on posts you've made over the last month or two. Sell it? I haven't had a PT in the K block range (MRCD off) in a heavy BSM/K band false environment. Just my experience. Sounds like you should move on to something else.

They need to just fix the thing... K block was launched as a notch filter.. Problem is, it's not working as we expected. And they're not telling us what it was actually designed to do... other than it's a notch filter.. where +/- 5 from 24.199.

If nothing is getting through with you're K block, good for you.. Maybe you have a cold unit to start with, so no PT. Mine, I know is really sensitive.. It eats my R3's lunch in range, which I like..

335d

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I've only had my R7 for ten days, but running it with both MRCD and K block on, I am getting peppered regularly with BSM blips, especially from Hondas. I'm going to try it with MRCD off (I pretty much know where all the MRCD near me is located anyway) and see if that helps.

crabu2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I've only had my R7 for ten days, but running it with both MRCD and K block on, I am getting peppered regularly with BSM blips, especially from Hondas. I'm going to try it with MRCD off (I pretty much know where all the MRCD near me is located anyway) and see if that helps.

I don't now what brand/type or setup DE is using, but both my R3 and R7 pick up MRCD from as far as a 1/2 mile away in places.... It's crazy how strong the signals are around UD. The only thing I know is that it seems to show a lower freq than the ones here in MD. I usually get 24.119 in MD, but in DE, I pick them up around 24.083.

BTW, Turning off MRCD makes a really big difference, but you'll still get PT.

335d

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I don't now what brand/type or setup DE is using, but both my R3 and R7 pick up MRCD from as far as a 1/2 mile away in places.... It's crazy how strong the signals are around UD. The only thing I know is that it seems to show a lower freq than the ones here in MD. I usually get 24.119 in MD, but in DE, I pick them up around 24.083.

BTW, Turning off MRCD makes a really big difference, but you'll still get PT.

Good info, thanks. I haven't committed the MRCD frequencies to memory yet, but the ones I've picked up were at the various camera lights in the Dover and Rehoboth Beach areas. The Maryland MCRD I picked up was the MontCo speed cameras, and I had very little warning with those.

Deacon

TXCTG
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@crabu2 I agree and have asked for the same, assuming no overscan.

Agreed, that would be simplest/easiest/best, I imagine. The only downside is K Narrow isn’t really all that narrow, and it might overscan a bit. I have legit threats around me near 24.080. If they’d eliminate the overscan and go 24.050 to 24.195, I believe that would work for most. It may be easier for them to simply implement an extra no-overscan notch filter from 24.195 to 24.205, not sure.

9C1Driver

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
They need to just fix the thing... K block was launched as a notch filter.. Problem is, it's not working as we expected. And they're not telling us what it was actually designed to do... other than it's a notch filter.. where +/- 5 from 24.199.

If nothing is getting through with you're K block, good for you.. Maybe you have a cold unit to start with, so no PT. Mine, I know is really sensitive.. It eats my R3's lunch in range, which I like..

No, it's not working the way YOU expected. Plenty of users seem to have no or few problems.

crabu2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
No, it's not working the way YOU expected. Plenty of users seem to have no or few problems.

How is it suppose to work? They won't say... only that it's a notch filter .. To me, and MANY, that means it filters out that section of frequency. There should be ZERO PT when turned on.. They said NOTHING about it just reducing sensitivity.. And with every other notch filter I've heard of in use, it blocks, not reduces.

So tell me, when is it suppose to allow a PT on the filtered area? If you can tell me, I'll be happy to abide by those guidelines, since it might make sense as to why stuff is punching through. If not, you should be pushing for a actual filter, until a true BSM filter can be implemented.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
More exact info from Uniden would be beneficial. :)

Last edited:

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It's supposed to be a true notch filter with no PTs.

spongebobradarpants

aka "The Grouch"
Advanced User
Reaction score
So ****ing tired of Honda Cuck-RVs pissing out K-band for a quarter to a half a mile after I pass them... on a detector that doesn't have a freaking rear antenna. Uniden, **** everything else you're doing in R3 firmware, this is more important.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdelkins40