A Fan's Overview of JBV1's Settings

Tregar

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe we can all agree that @johnboy00 has made JBV1 into an incredibly, powerful app, and I would like to first thank him for all of the time and hard work that he puts into developing it. While JB has put a lot of effort into making sure that it is clear what each of the settings does by writing a description for most of them, a user would still have to click through each one the settings to find that a given setting exists. Because of this, I took it upon myself to compile all of the settings with their listed descriptions, and added my own in some places, so that a user could read over all of the various options, and decide how to best set up JBV1 for themselves.

Attached you will find the PDF with a compilation of JBV1's settings, which I would like to thank @SquirrelMaster for making a clickable table of contents for in addition to the final touches.

Attachments

dchemist

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow! Job well done!!!! This was no small undertaking and the CM community at large will benefit from you taking the time to document plethora of features JBV1 offers. Thank you for all your hard work you but into this!

asleeper

Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed write up, that's an excellent "how to guide" for those trying to familiarize themselves with JBV1.

nomore55

PSL +10%
Advanced User
Reaction score
Tregar, that's really nice. Thanks for doing it.

A number of us have been hoping for something like this. I stopped updating JBV1 a while ago due to my lack of comfort with understanding all the changes being made.

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
That was an undertaking in and of itself! Much needed and well appreciated! :happyanim:

Bloovy One

135,000+ miles with JBV1!
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@Tregar,
I'm way behind on this! I was reminded that you provided this resource a few months back. I've had a copy saved on my desktop since you wrote it but I keep forgetting that it's there. :)

I've skimmed through it just now and wanted to also say thank you for all of that work and effort!

KY2019GTMUSTANG

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thank You...this is a great tool for a noob like myself with using JBV1 with my V1G2.

One question though...I see this was written for the 1.5.9 version. Are there any significant changes between this PDF information and the 2.1.2 recent update to the app?

E2S2R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thank You...this is a great tool for a noob like myself with using JBV1 with my V1G2.

One question though...I see this was written for the 1.5.9 version. Are there any significant changes between this PDF information and the 2.1.2 recent update to the app?
Yes there are a lot of changes. I'm working on a comprehensive guide for JBV1 though and it will cover every detail of the app. No ETA yet as it's a large undertaking

Tregar

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

Hi, you're welcome I hope it helps!

I would say that the newest JBV1 vs the version this was written for is different, with more additions having been made to the app since then. But for the most part this should give you a good idea of what the basic and even advanced functions are. On top of this not reflecting new additions to the app, I believe some stuff has changed location within the menu as well, however JBV1 now has a search function which should make finding those settings relatively painless.

I apologize for not keeping this up to date, but your inquiry has inspired me to review and update this. I expect I'll have a new revision by the end of the month (2 weeks) at the latest.

Vehicle 1

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice work! Thank you.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you for creating this and periodically going in to update it as needed! It’s a ton of work, but it’s super helpful so thank you! :)

SquirrelMaster

Likes Unicorns 🦄
Administrator
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm working on a comprehensive guide for JBV1 though and it will cover every detail of the app. No ETA yet as it's a large undertaking
but your inquiry has inspired me to review and update this. I expect I'll have a new revision by the end of the month (2 weeks) at the latest.
Seems like you two gentlemen can join forces rather than work separately on the same thing....

SwapFile

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It took me longer than I'd like to admit to find how to set Alert Map styles (themes). I think this guide was written before these settings were moved into "themes", but it still managed to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

delta108

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi @Tregar , Did you get a chance to update the pdf you mentioned back in April ? If so, where can I find a copy? Thank you.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firecrafter